IGNORED

19kac- Everyone excited about tonight's show on... a haircut

holierthanyou

I know..what could possibly be more important than being with your kid on his birthday except an emergency? :x

On the upside, he didn't seem sad that Michelle wasn't there. Presumably, his buddy was there to celebrate his birthday and that's what really matters.

-The way she was talking about having more child, if God allowed it, sounded kind of scripted to me. She joked about how she's happy that there's a 9 month gap (pregnancy) so she can be better prepared but I kind of feel like deep down, she really doesn't want a football team. Michelle, on the other hand, seemed so confident that Anna is going to have a huge family (with the van talk and all). I don't think Anna will ever get on birth control but it wouldn't surprise me if she's praying like Hell that she only has 3 or 4 children max. I think she's realizing that having lots of children plus being there for Smuggar hand and foot would be too much.

I got that impression too. Anna was spouting the party line "I want as many as God gives me", but her true desire is to raise the kids she's already got. However, I also believe that Anna has no idea that her opinion counts: she really does ignore all that science and leave it up to God, or she knows there's no point in going against Smuggar's wishes. He's her headship, he says keep having babies, she'll keep having babies.

I wonder if secretly they both don't want a huge family, but are under so much pressure they have no way of letting the other spouse know. They'll keep having kids because each believes that's what the other (and God) wants.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the upside, he didn't seem sad that Michelle wasn't there. Presumably, his buddy was there to celebrate his birthday and that's what really matters.

I got that impression too. Anna was spouting the party line "I want as many as God gives me", but her true desire is to raise the kids she's already got. However, I also believe that Anna has no idea that her opinion counts: she really does ignore all that science and leave it up to God, or she knows there's no point in going against Smuggar's wishes. He's her headship, he says keep having babies, she'll keep having babies.

I wonder if secretly they both don't want a huge family, but are under so much pressure they have no way of letting the other spouse know. They'll keep having kids because each believes that's what the other (and God) wants.

This might be pretty far out there... but since she was raised in a different environment and is smarter than smugs.. maybe she has worked out the bc issue without informing him? He never has to know that she has an iud or anything. That is between her and her doctor. Lack of weight loss can be the hormones of the birth control. :?:

I highly doubt Anna would ever consider getting on BC without Smuggar knowing. Although it doesn't seem like she wants a huge family like her in-laws, I don't think she'd ever go as far as using a "baby killing" pill to prevent it from happening. She's been taught since day 1 that BC causes abortion, therefore, it's frowned upon God since you're destroying his precious rewards that He's giving. She knows the only way she can stop having more kids is ending sexual intercourse, which we know will never happen. Unless she's seriously done her research and has gone to a unChristian doctor for some advice, I don't see her getting on BC. Like I said, I think her only hope is praying she doesn't end up with 19 children herself.

The only thing women in a situation like Anna's can do is convince their husbands to use the old rhythm method. If she's lucky, she might be able to keep it down to 5 or 6 kids. If her periods are irregular or Josh is insistent at the wrong times, she could easily end up with 10 or so.

I wouldn’t rule out Josh eventually seeing the virtues of birth control if they quickly end up with 5 kids and the show is gone. Either way, Anna will have no say in the matter.

I am a little curious about how they are going to stretch a child haircut into an hour long show.

I'm confused, I thought the girls were forbidden to but their hair.

I'm confused, I thought the girls were forbidden to but their hair.

No, they're just supposed to make themselves as attractive as possible while also looking "feminine." And the "long waves" look is definitely preferred by Gothard and Jim Bob. However, Anna looks like she's got the kind of hair that just doesn't get very long, and she's been keeping it a bit shorter (and it looks better) since she got married. I doubt Josh cares. And Jordyn's had that Ramona Quimby cut for awhile. I think it's something that's almost peer-pressured amongst the teen girls more than anything.

I've always had the impression that Anna wants a ton of kids, but Josh really only wants 2-3. Anna seems to want to be the next Michelle and that's scary.

On the episode where they announced that she was pregnant with Mackynzie, Jim Bob says "How many kids do you want?" and she mutters "As many as possible" but Josh talks over her and says "We'll be happy with just a few if that's what the Lord wants." BUT that was 3 years ago, so many her opinion has chaged. Not that she'd ever admit it...

The only thing women in a situation like Anna's can do is convince their husbands to use the old rhythm method. If she's lucky, she might be able to keep it down to 5 or 6 kids. If her periods are irregular or Josh is insistent at the wrong times, she could easily end up with 10 or so.

I wouldn’t rule out Josh eventually seeing the virtues of birth control if they quickly end up with 5 kids and the show is gone. Either way, Anna will have no say in the matter.

Josh is likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction long before they birth five kids. All that weight and the HBP that goes along with it doesn't really help a guy in the boner dept.

Josh is likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction long before they birth five kids. All that weight and the HBP that goes along with it doesn't really help a guy in the boner dept.

Unfortunately for Anna, they have drugs for that, and with all the TV Josh watches now he probably knows all about the drugs for the dreaded ED.

(Drugs that many employers' group insurance policies happily cover, BTW)

Unfortunately for Anna, they have drugs for that, and with all the TV Josh watches now he probably knows all about the drugs for the dreaded ED.

(Drugs that many employers' group insurance policies happily cover, BTW)

Drs don't prescribe stiffer pick me uppers with HBP patients, thats compounding a risk. But lets wait and see if he begins to suffer any hearing loss :lol:

I highly doubt Anna would ever consider getting on BC without Smuggar knowing. Although it doesn't seem like she wants a huge family like her in-laws, I don't think she'd ever go as far as using a "baby killing" pill to prevent it from happening. She's been taught since day 1 that BC causes abortion, therefore, it's frowned upon God since you're destroying his precious rewards that He's giving. She knows the only way she can stop having more kids is ending sexual intercourse, which we know will never happen. Unless she's seriously done her research and has gone to a unChristian doctor for some advice, I don't see her getting on BC. Like I said, I think her only hope is praying she doesn't end up with 19 children herself.

If you'll excuse me.. this entire thread is a REALLY good reminder to go take my birth control! :P

I've always gotten the impression J&A jointly would love under 5 kids... but maybe not. I mean I have always said I want 10 kids, and in the past few years I have definitely rethought that :) (I still have none)

On the diaper issue... did anyone else notice that Smugs was like "She doesn't need to feel guilty" for using disposable diapers, and gave her a look that was like "I said it and that means it's law"? I get that he doesn't give two fried shits about the environment, but if he was referring to money-wise then his head is seriously up his butt. Currently they live in a two-bedroom that I doubt they pay anything for, go out several times a week, and 'own' a struggling car lot (probably using Boob's credit). They have no idea what it's like to save money, or spend it wisely. Being married and having kids does not automatically make you a responsible adult. I realize I went off on a tangent, but something about the way Smuggar was all "she cares but I say she doesn't have too" really bugged me.

There is the rhythm method. She might be okay with that because of how incredibly fallible it is.

Nope, that's considered a Catholic thing. Quiverfullers do not support it any more than "artificial" types of birth control, except of course when they are using it to get pregnant. I don't see any hope for Anna unless she does a complete deconversion and gets a divorce. She wouldn't use the rythm method any more than she would have an abortion, because in her mind they are the same thing: preventing a blessing from existing.

Not every single fat man gets erectile dysfunction. It raises the risk, but it's still a minority who experience it. Ditto for high blood pressure. Gaining weight doesn't mean you will absolutely, 100% experience certain health problems.

It wouldn't surprise me if they used NFP. I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if they have 15 kids either, but I feel like they are more liberal than either of their parents and might be okay with natural family planning. (which is more reliable than the rhythm method :))

Maybe she'll [Anna] be lucky and nursing will suppress her fertility so she can have larger spaces...I will laugh if she decides to nurse well into toddlerhood and will wonder if that's why.

I won't see the episode until it gets online - no cable! Gah!

oh my goodness, that was the most excruciatingly painful rendition of 'Jesus Love Me' I've ever heard (and I've heard a lot of little kids squeak it out on various instruments over the years). By including that footage in the episode, it just proves to me that at least some of the TLC staff hate the Duggars.

Archived