IGNORED

19kac- Everyone excited about tonight's show on... a haircut

holierthanyou

What happened to centering your work and your ministry in your home?

A family of more than 20 kids is coming to stay for weeks, all the Duggars that could fled. Jana, the good news is you get to go on a trip with Mom! The bad news is you're only coming along to care for Josie.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will someone please take baby Michael out of his carrier. That kid is going to have a flat head!

Ha! She has to learn to ignore her children. She seems to admire Jchelle a lot... Imitation is the highest form of flattery, no?

I don't have cable so I cannot see for myself--but it seems that TLC is throwing the Duggars under the bus a bit?

I cant really tell. I think to the average viewer its same old same old. But because we know the story behind that they're showing its pretty clear. I do think the editing is VERY different than what we've seen in the past.

I didn't watch the original airing awhile ago but I'll watch the later airing for snark fest. I think TLC is throwing the Duggars under the bus. Some of the editing since last season has hinted at it. Boob's Jacksonville/overpopulation comment on the Q&A episode showed that TLC sort of doesn't care about protecting the Duggars that much.

Is is possible that it isn't just TLC upping the crazy, but the Duggars themselves? Perhaps as their fame/infamy grew, Jim Bob and Jichelle have demanded greater control over their show. Just like those Santorum supporters who think he's a mainstream candidate (nevermind the polls, nevermind he couldn't get re-elected to his Congressional position), they're out of touch with reality and think the more conservative and Christian they appear, the better the ratings.

Oh, but she totally limits her speaking engagements. Didn't you hear?

Didn't you hear? According to my guide, they're going to Branson to hear Amy screech and squeeze in a....speaking engagement!

And they're actually going to air that lemonade stand footage from LAST SUMMER! They are really stretching for material since the J20 storyline failed to materialize. Mullet said she was 18 weeks along when Anna (in HER signature shirt) came to "babysit" the little girls. I guess after the workout, Mullet takes an hour long bubble bath. :roll:

Point is, they had to go back in the vault for crap they probably thought they'd never have to air. Week after that, we'll probably get the space museum and Priscilla's wedding and possibly even single episodes for weeks 4 & 5 since there's no there there other than the Jubilee VSE, which will obviously be week 6.

I haven't watched the show but it was on in the next room. Did I hear correctly? Boob bought a nine year old a $225 birthday gift?

Not much point in "buying used and saving the difference" if the used item you buy is extravagant and unnecessary.

2 and still in diapers. My son was potty trained as well as off training wheels on a bicycle by 2 1/2

Well, every kid is different. My boy's 2 weeks older than Mackynzie. He pretty much potty-trained himself when he was about 20 months old, was doing very well for about 2 1/2 weeks (he was going in the potty every time, only in diapers at night and naptime, and even when we were at church once I waited through the last hymn and prayer before I took him to the bathroom and he was able to hold it all that time) then all of a sudden he stopped. I did nothing to change the routine and suddenly instead of going in the potty, he'd leap off, run into the living room and pee or poop in there on my carpet. :?

Well, every kid is different. My boy's 2 weeks older than Mackynzie. He pretty much potty-trained himself when he was about 20 months old, was doing very well for about 2 1/2 weeks (he was going in the potty every time, only in diapers at night and naptime, and even when we were at church once I waited through the last hymn and prayer before I took him to the bathroom and he was able to hold it all that time) then all of a sudden he stopped. I did nothing to change the routine and suddenly instead of going in the potty, he'd leap off, run into the living room and pee or poop in there on my carpet. :?

My nephew was 4. My sister tried everything. Eventually his 8 year old brother took him aside and told him he was embarrassed that all of his friends knew his brother still wore diapers. That did the trick.

He's is 5 now and doing double digit addition and subtraction in his head. Kids are just weird about some things.

That power wheels was a lame gift.

Did the get the Uzi for JD? Did they know an Israeli invented it?

$200 could have gotten Justin SO MUCH STUFF that he needs/wants. Instead he gets a gift designed for kids 4 years younger. No wonder the kids are so socially regressed.

Josh, please pay your staff a modest salary. Commission-only employment is a level of hell you'll never understand.

What about the update on the car lot? No one has mentioned it.

Josh espoused that the economy is slow (ooooohh, deep thought), but it looks like they're still expanding.

I bet the guy that only had half the money for the SUV got 'Duggar financing' i.e. DEBT!

What about the update on the car lot? No one has mentioned it.

As I heard it, Lot 1 was the original lot. He wanted to move to Lot 2, but it must have been a foreclosed property as he said something about the deal with the bank falling through. Lot 3 was the Taco lot. After moving into Lot 3, he was able to work out what he said was a better deal with the bank on Lot 2, so they moved out of the Taco lot and are now in Lot 2, which is a much more conducive environment for selling cars. Not that he's selling many he says. And his employees are commission only, so I have no idea why they are sticking around if it's that bad.

My guess is that John David is getting him repos and he's roping people into lousy financing deals. A stereotypical used car salesman.

has anyone been to the carlot website?

I went once and it seemed that the prices were kinda outrageous.

an 18 year old minivan for $2500.00? That is miled out?

Is it only me??

has anyone been to the carlot website?

I went once and it seemed that the prices were kinda outrageous.

an 18 year old minivan for $2500.00? That is miled out?

Is it only me??

Yeah I have checked out the site before and there was a thread about the prices of the cars. They were pretty outrageous, but it is common for used car salesman to up the amounts.

Can he really have all commission only staff? It is a great way to not pay workmans comp, employement taxes, and SS. I just don't see how if he leaves someone in charge for weeks when he leaves he is doing this on commission only? Is there any labor law if RD(the guy that manages the lot) works 50 hours in a week alone and makes nothing? Something seems not right since these people are not just selling cars, they are answering phones, doing paperwork, opening and closing the business. what about the worker Josh has in his intragram that details cars? Is detailing cars a commission job? Im sure JimBob has found some loopholes for Josh to use.

Can he really have all commission only staff? It is a great way to not pay workmans comp, employement taxes, and SS. I just don't see how if he leaves someone in charge for weeks when he leaves he is doing this on commission only? Is there any labor law if RD(the guy that manages the lot) works 50 hours in a week alone and makes nothing? Something seems not right since these people are not just selling cars, they are answering phones, doing paperwork, opening and closing the business. what about the worker Josh has in his intragram that details cars? Is detailing cars a commission job? Im sure JimBob has found some loopholes for Josh to use.

I'm not sure if Josh is following labor laws or not, but things about that car lot seem pretty fishy and I wonder about the car detailer guy.

According to the state of Arkansas, any company with two or fewer employees doesn't need comp coverage. So buttnugget is the owner, and he has the detailer and a sales person. No WC needed. Slimy assnugget.

According to the state of Arkansas, any company with two or fewer employees doesn't need comp coverage. So buttnugget is the owner, and he has the detailer and a sales person. No WC needed. Slimy assnugget.

He has at least three, he has the other Josh, RD(he is currently listed as a general manager, didnt know those work on commsion only) & the car detailer. From looking at his website, I have seen up to 5 employees at various times.

So if a woman is not supposed to work outside of the home, does Michelle get paid for her "encouragement" to other mothers? Or is she simply doing appearances out of the goodness of her heart? Or it doesn't matter because her appearance fees go directly in JimBlob's pocket anyway, and thus it is not considered "work"? Fundies are so confusing.

I really, really fucking hate Michelle. I mean she was so normal and carefree (roadtrips with friends?) yet she will never allow her daughters to have that carefree lifestyle. I guarantee you if Jana or Jessa said : "Peace out, I'm going on a roadtrip with my non-fundie friend!" Michelle would go batshit.

Archived