IGNORED

We can look like Lyndsie!!!!!!!

simplysweet

Hopped on Facebook this morning and got this gem. I plan on putting a order in ASAP! 8-)

I have had many of our blog followers email me in the past asking makeup questions, and also asking where they can order makeup. I'm exited to say that I am now officially a MARY KAY consultant! Please feel free to send me a message on my personal FB page Lyndsie Beggs Brooker or you can email me lyndsiebrooker@hotmail.com with any questions you may have, or to to place an order!

:::Rummaging around in garage, looking for trowel:::

Found it! OK, now I'm ready to order! :)

ETA: glad she's working -- wish she'd started much sooner (like, before getting the baby, perhaps even before doing all of the begging :roll: ).

Is it too awful to say it couldn't have happened to a better person?

There goes her debt-free lifestyle...

I'm sure she'll go through enough of their products to qualify for the 50% discount ($400 a month? or is it every 3?).

:::Rummaging around in garage, looking for trowel:::

Found it! OK, now I'm ready to order! :)

ETA: glad she's working -- wish she'd started much sooner (like, before getting the baby, perhaps even before doing all of the begging :roll: ).

I agree she should have been a consultant a long time ago. I think she is only selling now for the discount, because she knows that their budget got tighter now that they have a baby.

Delurking!

The first thought that popped into my head was now that she can't get donatinos from her followers, she's found a new way to get money from them!

I wonder if she'll start the blog up again to help sell. I also think that she didn't realize quite how much a baby costs and once you begged and begged for the adoption you really can say "yikes the baby needs diapers and formula but we just spent all our money on the nursery and his wardrobe so can everyone donate again?"

How is it a scam? I get that it's a pyramid scheme and if you're dumb enough to join of those well...but aside from that is there anything specific that they do? I tried reading pinktruth but it wasn't very clear and you kind of had to sift through many many posts.

How is it a scam? I get that it's a pyramid scheme and if you're dumb enough to join of those well...but aside from that is there anything specific that they do? I tried reading pinktruth but it wasn't very clear and you kind of had to sift through many many posts.

Basically because it's not about selling to clients, the people on the top make money by selling to their sales force. So MK isn't tracking how sales are ACTUALLY going, things are good if their sales force is consistently buying tons of inventory, even if that inventory is just sitting in their garage. People are often pressured into going into debt to always have inventory in stock - and then find that MOST women don't like to buy their makeup from some weird lady who chatted them up at the grocery store, they like to go to the Clinique counter at Macy's or Sephora and do it that way. It's a huge multilevel marketing scheme - which is great if you're at the top and obviously terrible when you're at the bottom.

It also presents this fallacy that you can work at home, part time and still make the big bucks. You can't. Say you host a party and it takes 1 hr. MK will say "Look, you only worked for 1 hr and you made $200 gross! Show me a store clerk job that can do that!" But it doesn't take into account travel time, preparation time, the amount of time you have to spend cultivating the relationship, the amount of time you had to spend actually organizing, convincing someone to host, etc.

Edit: Here's a good start:

http://pinktruth.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=23

Basically, they sort of dupe women into thinking they should order thousands of dollars of MK product and it'll somehow make them rich. It (almost definitely) won't.

Yeah, that makes sense. A couple of friends of mine sell Mary Kay, but they hardly make anything. They have day jobs. I've tried some of the makeup because they gave it to me as gifts but to be honest I wasn't very impressed with the quality. Just like you said I would prefer to go to a counter or a Sephora (I love Sephora!). Also I think it dupes a lot of college and university students into thinking it's a good way to make cash. My friend tried to sell Avon's Mark makeup, which to me is basically different brand, same scheme, and she said you had to pay for the catalogs to hand out to people. Suppose they were ten dollars each and you bought a few, you would have to sell a fair amount of makeup just to cover the catalog costs.

Sorry back to Lyndsie. Could someone put up a broken link? Does she go for the clown makeup look?

Archived