IGNORED

Deanna Duggar: Just as bad her daughter

chemist1217

So Deanna Duggar, Jim Bob's sister, has an open facebook just as her daughter Amy does. From the show, I got the impression that Amy's parents were significantly less nutso than Jim Bob and Michelle, but she appears to as big a fame whore as her daughter. She has over 2000 friends, most of whom are fans, she continually reminds viewers to watch 19 Kids and Counting, makes it very clear in her "about me" section that her daughter is Amy DUGGAR, and worst of all, is a member of a support group of SARAH PALIN! :evil: I guess I thought Deanna and her husband were more mainstream that the rest of the family, but it looks like i was wrong, and am very sad to see so :cry:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000718094847

Jim Bob and his sister were raised in a conservative home. Not as conservative as the one Jim Bob has right now but conservative enough where their daughter would grow up and support someone like Palin.

On her fb page she writes that she is a full-time christian artist. seriously? she makes a living with that???

Amy is a right winger through and through. Obviously I don't know her, but her political views say "Republican Party". As others have said, she supports Palin and I once saw on her page that she joined a group called RightChoice that wants to bring America more to the right. I think she's a conservative with a glossy veneer. She's good at seeming like a normal, down home, mainstream girl. She may not be fundie, but I imagine if someone was to sit down and ask her about politics she would be conservative. She just doesn't want to show it much, lest she risk fame. The same probably goes for her mother.

I doubt Amy could name the governor of Arkansas right now, but she sure as hell knows who Palin and "Hitlerly" Clinton are. The wingnuts are programmed that way.

"Hitlery" Clinton? There's one I haven't heard before, and I wore a button that said "I'm voting for Hilary's husband" for both Clinton elections. Deanna seems to be a wannabe gospel singer, and her daughter is a wannabe...everything. I get the feeling that since Deanna was a fallen woman, getting knocked up without being married and all, that maybe she turned to The Lord to forgive her. Or not.

I'm not surprised Deanna is that way. She probably likes being known as the sister of Boob. I'm not surprised that she is Palin supporter. I think she might be a tad less nutso than Boob and Mullett.

This doesn't really shock me. It seems that the whole family are fame whores. At least the Duggars are fame whores in their own right though. Amy and her mom are just coat tail riders, which makes them worse in my opinion. I really can't stand to watch any of them, which is why I avoid their show on TLC and any other show they tarnish with their presence.

A little off topic, but does anyone else think that the Duggar girls get their beauty from Deanna? I think she's really pretty, and the Jana/Johannah strain of beauty running through the Duggars is similar to Deanna's beauty.

A little off topic, but does anyone else think that the Duggar girls get their beauty from Deanna? I think she's really pretty, and the Jana/Johannah strain of beauty running through the Duggars is similar to Deanna's beauty.

I was thinking the same thing too. The Duggars do remind me a bit of Deanna rather than Michelle.

I think Deanna wants to promote Amy's "music career" more then anything. I can't see what she would get out of fame?(sure it might be cool to have lots of people follow you but it wont make her rich). I would love to see her write a tell all book about her brother but I do not think it will happen, but it would make her rich! I wonder how much she gets for appearing in an episode. I would not think it is very much. Does anyone know what happened between having Amy and the 15+years it took her to marry Amy's father? Did they live together? Were they on/off. I have always wonder how JB explains Amy's parents having her out of wedlock to his blessings.

I think that it's odd that Deanna and Amy use Deanna's maiden name, considering how traditional they are, and not Terry Jordan's last name. It's still pretty typical for the women and children to take on the father's last name. Then again, Amy uses the name "Amy Jordyn" for her music "career."

I think Deanna wants to promote Amy's "music career" more then anything. I can't see what she would get out of fame?(sure it might be cool to have lots of people follow you but it wont make her rich). I would love to see her write a tell all book about her brother but I do not think it will happen, but it would make her rich! I wonder how much she gets for appearing in an episode. I would not think it is very much. Does anyone know what happened between having Amy and the 15+years it took her to marry Amy's father? Did they live together? Were they on/off. I have always wonder how JB explains Amy's parents having her out of wedlock to his blessings.

I also think Amy and Deanna use the show and Boob and family for promotions for Amy's music career. On Amy's site she even lists herself as a personality on "19 Kids and Counting". I remember reading on some other site that Amy doesn't hang out or visit with the family when cameras aren't around.

As for Deanna and Amy's dad Terry Jordan, I have wondered if they lived together or were off and on too.I have heard different rumors about Amy's surname usage. I remember reading somewhere that Amy only uses Duggar as a stage name and she legally runs as Amy Jordan. But I heard somewhere else that she has always used Duggar because Deanna and Terry didn't ask that Jordan be her last name at birth.

i think she's using the duggar name for representation to ride on the used coattails of branding. she needs to copyright it before jim bob does.

I wouldn't brand someone as "outside the mainstream" simply because they vote Republican or support GOP candidates. Roughly half the country is either Republican or else they're Independents who vote Republican often enough to swing many elections. I can't see myself voting for Palin in 2012, but I don't consider her outside the mainstream either. To me, an example of a non-mainstream candidate would be someone like Ron Paul or (to be fair and balanced) Dennis Kucinich, someone who might get a single digit percentage of the vote in the primaries but nothing more than that. A non-mainstream candidate is also someone that the eventual primary winner would not be able to pick as veep because she or he is too far off in la-la land to help win large numbers of voters. McCain-Palin got forty-something percent of the vote in 2008-- that's a lot of people.

I don't think Palin is outside the mainstream. I think Palin is dumber than a box of rocks. That's why I'm surprised people support her. Do you really want someone who thinks seeing Russia from her front porch equals foreign policy experience with her finger on the button? Myself? I want the president to at least know who Paul Revere was and what he actually did (information any 5th grader has the ability to tell you).

I don't think Palin is outside the mainstream. I think Palin is dumber than a box of rocks. That's why I'm surprised people support her. Do you really want someone who thinks seeing Russia from her front porch equals foreign policy experience with her finger on the button? Myself? I want the president to at least know who Paul Revere was and what he actually did (information any 5th grader has the ability to tell you).

This. Not to mention that she couldn't name a single magazine, newspaper or publication she regularly reads. Even if she doesn't read them you would think she'd have enough good sense to lie about it.

I know several anti-Palin Republicans who dislike her for the reasons childless and xDreamerx mentioned. Two of the anti-Palin Republicans that I know are a couple that reads various newspapers, magazines and history books and they have told me that Palin is someone who makes them cringe.

I consider Palin a little to the whacko right of mainstream, but I think Amy and Deanna represent the mainstream conservative Southern right-winger fairly accurately.

The GOP of today is not the GOP of twenty years ago. If Palin, Huckabee, Bachmann and the like are the face of the republican party and considered by GOPers to be "mainstream", then that is a sad commentary for the GOP. It makes me glad and relieved I left the party. Or should I say, it left me, b/c no way was I going to check my brain (or heart) at the door and move that far to the right.

Considering where they are from, I'd be shocked if ANY ONE even near the Duggars was an Obama supporter! I think Deanna is a lot more "normal"--she doesn't hide the fact that she wasn't married when she had Amy, she wears pants, watches tv. I think she's very "normal" for the area.

And yet, I am related to women - smart, thinking (or so I thought!), educated women with good jobs - who are also Sarah Palin supporters. :doh: I just don't get it!!!!

Think of the GOP of Richard Nixon--it would be stunningly LIBERAL today! And JFK's foreign policy was as conservative as Regan's. Things change.

I think some women want Sarah Palin just because she is a woman. They haven't given it more thought than that. Political apathy is something the Quiverfull folks are counting on as they plot Dominion!

When you vote in someone just cause they are female or African American and/or you want to feel included in the system or prove a point regardless of the persons qualifications then you've screwed yourself and everyone else over.

Archived