IGNORED

Poor Michaella Bates

Daenerys

Baylee, do you really believe that if Michealla went up to her parents, told them she was going to go to a secular college, get a degree in Early Childhood Education, move out and support herself, they wouldn't flip out and try and guilt her out of it?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I was about to post something similar in thought.

She may be the sweetest girl on the planet and love children, but she still has changed in appearance at least the past few months. She was heavier than before in their most recent christmas pic. If that's her natural weight, then fine. People come in all shapes and sizes. But if she is depressed and eating to "keep sweet", then she should be able to do what she wants and not be guilted into "keeping sweet."

I doubt Gil and Kelly would give Michaela (or any of their children) their blessing to go off to college in another state and/or move out on her own. It's all about control. I can see Michaela writing a tell-all book in a few years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel sorry for all the kids. They were raised by parents who got to do what they wanted to do with their lives, but went out of their way to make sure it would be pretty darn hard for their kids to do the same. I feel sorry for Michaella, maybe she really likes caring for children and would love getting a degree in Early Childhood Education, but that isn't even an option for her. Erin like being a girly girl and I bet would have loved to go to a real college and really study music, but she has been brainwashed into thinking that even sitting next to someone who is differnt than her will corrupt her. Then there is the poor guy who wants to make movies. No way he will ever be able to study and do it professionally. Then there is the kid who has to work to support the whole family because Gill is too lazy to go out and do it himself.

And then there are all the little ones. Wasn't one of the pretty young daughters assigned buddy duty on the last baby before it was even born? This is no way to live and I am a member of enought ex-ATI boards to know that a good chunk of kids raised this way grow up to resent their parents.

I'll never forget the scene on the Duggars' show when Gil tells the audience how Erin was offered a full ride at UT by her music teacher (a professor there), but she would not be attending. The look on Erin's face was painful to watch and I can't stand the girl. It was at that point that I realized that the Bateses were not as they appeared and are just as bad as the Duggars, maybe even more, because they're REALLY FUCKING SANCTIMONIOUS.

Baylee, if you really love Michealla, then send her and e-mail or a letter and let her know that you don't approve of how her parents have raised her and that if she ever wants to leave you will help her. I suspect that you would then see the very nasty side of Gill and Kelly, but Michealla would then know that she had a way out if she wanted it. If you really love her as much as you claim, this is what you need to do. Sending material is great, sending her a way out if she wants it is what she really needs, though.

I'll never forget the scene on the Duggars' show when Gil tells the audience how Erin was offered a full ride at UT by her music teacher (a professor there), but she would not be attending. The look on Erin's face was painful to watch and I can't stand the girl. It was at that point that I realized that the Bateses were not as they appeared and are just as bad as the Duggars, maybe even more, because they're REALLY FUCKING SANCTIMONIOUS.

:o

I did not know that factoid! Geez, if I were in her shoes, I would be even more of an insufferable shit than I'm sure she it. Poor kid. :cry:

I hope you continue to post. Although I snark and criticize, I'd like to learn the correct conceptions about them.

You're knew here so I will explain BayLee_10 to you. She once sold fabric to the Bateses over the internet and now considers herself and expert on their lives. She may have e-mailed them a few times about purchases, but she does not know them. So take whatever she says with a grain of salt. She doesn't know them any better than the rest of us but I guess she likes the attention.

You're knew here so I will explain BayLee_10 to you. She once sold fabric to the Bateses over the internet and now considers herself and expert on their lives. She may have e-mailed them a few times about purchases, but she does not know them. So take whatever she says with a grain of salt. She doesn't know them any better than the rest of us but I guess she likes the attention.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I also find some passive-aggressive tendencies when she isn't getting the attention she wants... look at the last page where she posts basically just to say she is going to go back to "lurking" (lurking means not posting. if you want to lurk, then lurk. hell, i lurked for almost two years. who the hell posts to say they were lurking before, and now they are going back to lurking? you don't need to post to tell anyone that), and then talks about how there are SO MANY misconceptions she only WISHES she could correct, and is basically trying to bait people to say "tell us more, tell us more, o great and knowledgable one!". :doh: :roll:

And she refuses to even really acknowledge all the really horrible stuff the Bates family does.

It's 'new.' I have never in my life sold anything to the Bateses. But yes, I just love all the negative attention I get any time I mention the Bates family. This is beyong fucking nuts!

It's 'new.' I have never in my life sold anything to the Bateses. But yes, I just love all the negative attention I get any time I mention the Bates family. This is beyong fucking nuts!

Are you going to let her know that you would be willing to help her should she wish to leave the Gothard lifestyle? If you truly love her you will.

Guest Anonymous
Don't know if it has been mentioned already, but Baylee seems to be the person who created the Bates fanpage on FB.

I also noticed that and wasn't able to figure out if it's the same Baylee. The fan page seems to be run by someone much younger. The tone has me picturing a pre-teen.

Oh, the irony! :lol:

Archived