IGNORED

Another Modesty Post Bends Logic

GenerationCedarchip

Granted, I only skimmed this because my brain started to burn, but here's the takeaway I got: Modest skirts are good for all kinds of reason, but the first one she mentions is "easy access," which is sexy. And that's apparently good. However, the idea of wearing jeans is also sexy. But that's bad.

Why, you ask? Well, with jeans, the whole world can know how sexy she is. But with skirts, it gets to be her husband's little treat.

If someone wants to dress a certain way for herself, that's great. However, the intense focus of dressing in a particular fashion for men's benefit just bugs me and this post exemplifies so much of why that is for me.

thestraightenedpath.com/2011/12/why-i-wear-skirts.html#more

It's totally super-modest to tell the internet all about how your husband wants easy access to your vag.

Other men beside her husband realize that skirts can be easily moved in order to have sex. It isn't a mystery that married men suddenly discover.

I think this is an excellent time to interject this image into the conversation:

23l1rmh.jpg

Fundies. Always making me laugh.

LOL. That is exactly what I thought of when I read her description of jeans.

Also, I wonder what would happen if she points out to hubby dearest that her long skirts not only grant him easy access, but also other guys. Wouldn't that just turn "modesty" on its head?

skirts can be easily moved in order to have sex.

That's what I love about kilts. I just wish my husband would wear his more often. :D

A few years ago The Daddy asked me if I would consider wearing only skirts

Calling your husband daddy for any reason beyond referring to his relationship with your kids has always grossed me out. Putting The in front of daddy is very strange also.

He then continued on that because of the way jeans fit they are nothing more than an invitation for a man's eyes to envision skin moving all the way up a woman's legs to her behind....where her legs (typically) separate

This is proof that she is in denial. I don't believe that she has never noticed a man's butt or if she hasn't, she must have listened to other women discuss men's butts. Why don't men wear skirts? If she was really concerned about modesty and protecting purity, she would call for men to wear dresses too. It makes more sense for men-who have bulges- to wear loose, skirts than women.

We women could argue, "Well that's the mans problem."

No, I just want fairness. Men's bulges are defrauding me. They need to wear long skirts to protect me from mental adultery.

the grocery store. Isn't it difficult to tune out the conversations going on around us? How many times have we read the covers of gossipy magazines while waiting in the check out line and processed a thought about them all before even realizing what we just consumed into our minds? It just happens. Like a second nature.

That is what visual stimulation is like for a man. Are we responsible for hearing or reading the gossip? Absolutely. But sometimes it just happens before we can make it stop!

What the hell? Sometimes I look at gossip magazines while waiting in line. The fault is my own. If I wanted to do so, I could just ignore them.(I don't want to, by the way) Those magazines don't have to be covered to prevent my flipping through their pages.

No other person knows if or where my thighs rub together. No one else can delight in the exact spot where my legs reach my rear. No other can think about what my skin may feel like. They are my husband's secret. (Proverbs 5:18

This sounds a bit conceited. How does she know that men aren't repulsed by her or are thinking any sexual thought about her at all? I assume that most men aren't having sexual fantasies about me because I am middled aged and not beautiful. However, as long as the person keeps their thoughts private, it wouldn't bother me that someone was having sexual fantasies about me. I won't know if they don't say anything.

These people seem more Dominance/submission than fundie tbh. I've never come across women calling their husbands/lovers "daddy" anywhere but in the D/s world.

I found her whole post to be a bit grosss. Who talks this way (to the world wide web)?

I felt the same way as well. That's great she looks modest in her skirt, but she doesn't sound like she has much class.

No, I just want fairness. Men's bulges are defrauding me. They need to wear long skirts to protect me from mental adultery.

Damn, now my roommates want to know why I'm laughing my ass off. Too bad there's no way in hell to translate this level of win, debrand. :twisted:

Calling your husband daddy for any reason beyond referring to his relationship with your kids has always grossed me out. Putting The in front of daddy is very strange also.

I think that is weird too, but in this case, her username is The Momma, so I think it's in lieu of using their real names...? Kind of like the lady (Pleasant View Schoolhouse?) who refers to her husband as The Composer since (IIRC) he doesn't want his real name out there.

She doesn't have comments on her site, she has "great respoonses". You'd think that would be something she would have caught and corrected by now.

Ewwwwww. *I* am now thinking about this woman's thighs rubbing together and the exact spot where her legs reach her rear, and I am a straight female who does *not* want to think about this. Maybe in your quest for modesty, you should be more modest in what you talk about on your blog, lady. Time for the brain bleach.

Most arguments to wear skirts only are stupid. Pants aren't "men's clothes" if they've been designed for women, they aren't necessarily unfeminine (actually, I'd argue a pair of cute, well-cut slacks is way more feminine than a frumper), they aren't necessary more modest,a ctually they might do a better job of covering a women's legs in some cases. And Haven't these people heard of "tops long enough to cover your butt"'?

Anyway, I really don't get her husband's argument: it's good for her to wear skirts because they turn him on but not pants because they turn him on? And he started praying for her to wear skirts? This ebil agnostic would think it's taking the name of God in vain, based on wheat she was taught when she was an ebil Catholic.

Oh, and do people really start noticing if you wear skirts more? I've started wearing skirts moreoften recently as a result of getting a job and wanting to look more grown up, and funnily enough no one seemed to notice or got upset about it.

Do her parents read this blog? If I had a blog I'm sure my parents would read it and the last thing they want to know about is my sex life.

I've been wearing skirts exclusively for a good 6 years now, mainly because jeans look like hell on me, and nobody ever mentioned anything about it. Not when I first began, not now, not ever. Who honestly gives a shit?

Sorry, but writing about how good skirts are because they give the husband "free access" is just beyond vulgar. And that comes from a heathen feminist who has been living with a man without being married for seven years now.

What does she really mean? He can stick his hand up there at anytime? He can just ask her to bend forward over the sink so she can continue do the dishes while he hikes the skirt up and...? :?

Very modest indeed.

I almost always wear dresses, I like how they look and they are much more comfortable for me. I tend to get more compliments and comments on the rare occasions I wear jeans - but I just don't like them !

Archived