IGNORED

Paper money is Satanic! The end is near! Dominionist rule!

Witsec1

A new post on Visionary Womanhood quotes Gary North (Rushdoony son-in-law, advocate of stonery, slavery, and other BIblical social programs, Y2K freakout proponent, etc.) Apparently our economic woes are all down to the fact that we use paper money and not gold and silver coins as God intended. Trufax! But don't feel down when you hear bad economic news, because Visionary Women believe in the Leninist principle "the worse, the better" - let America go to the dogs ASAP, so the revolutionary cadres children trained in godly homes can take over and found a truly Christian nation.

In other news, praying and reading the Bible are not good treatments for anxiety disorders.

Recently, much of my time has been spent thinking about how to prepare for the new year. The thought of what is to come, good or bad, has me thinking of how we can best prepare our families for whatever God has in store for the nation.

There’s much talk about an even bigger financial collapse in the near future that will make 2008 look like a joke. It’s the kind of thing that makes any mother and wife squeamish as our sense of security and safety could be taken away from us at any time.

Articles come out on a daily basis about how you need to hunker down, get all the food, guns, and ammo you can acquire and possibly even move out of the city! That is a scary thought. What kind of chaos could possibly ensue that has everyone freaking out like this? These thoughts tend to grip me tightly as fear attempts to choke me. I pursue the Word of God and find hope.

To be sure, God is judging the world as we speak. The economic collapse that is happening around the globe is historical and is beginning to have repercussions on local communities (or soon will). What happens when an economy fails?

Well, for one, if banks go bankrupt it means they don’t have any cash. You’ll go to take out your money (probably everyone at once too) and there will be nothing to give. Then we will have to deal with how to survive without cash. An interesting scenario. And as scary as the thought is, it could be a huge blessing in disguise. Let me explain.

God’s Way Versus The World’s Way

You see, the current economic system we have (both in Canada and the US) is not based on the Bible at all. It’s a Satanic counterfeit scam that the world has operated on for quite some time. Paper money? In actuality, it’s worth just as much as any pretend board game paper money.

visionarywomanhood.com/pecan-pies-precious-metals-tough-economic-times/

I work on the principle that

if the shit hits the fan, I'm screwed.

Seriously. I can barely see without corrective lenses, I can't shoot straight and I can't fight (have just had a Really Depressing karate class). Also, there are very few places in this country sufficiently isolated to be safe from roaming gangs of marauders, and none of them is conducive to growing large amounts of food.

So my energies (such as they are) are pointed towards ensuring the shit doesn't hit the fan and I ignore survivalist issues.

Also, I have not studied economics or meteorology* but I have a smattering of history and have a vague suspicion that this sort of thing is Not New. Not to say everything will be sweetness and light - things could be horrible for a good many people for a good long while - but we're unlikely to see the end of the human race in the next couple of decades.

* nor have most of the fundie bloggers

I do *not* miss living like this at all. When we went to rapture church, the END WAS NEAR and JESUS WAS COMING and all that - very scary for me as little kid. I would have dreams where my parents would be sucked up to heaven and I was left behind, etc. Terrifying.

Then, in reconstructionist church, it was all about how the evil government was going to take over, stuff about gold, stuff about weapons, etc. Some people got into it more than others, but it was scary too. Also, the pastor of the church we went to was really into the Reformation and I read lots of stories of the Martyrs of the Reformation, and that scared the crap out of me! Here were Christians killing other Christians over theology, and I was scared that I'd have to go through something similar.

Ugh. I do not miss those days at all!

If the zombie apocalypse hits (or whatever), I figure I'll be screwed. I mean, in a disaster like Katrina - what good would a gun do? Sure, some food or bottled water would have come in handy, but I don't think the average family could store enough food/water/fuel/whatever to keep them going for a week or a month or whatever.

My sister used to say that her disaster plan was to grab her cat and a can opener. She figued she could barter with people who had a food supply but who didn't have a non-electric can opener. They'd have to trade food for her and the cat for the use of the can opener. I thought that was as good a plan as any!

Sev's addicted to zombies, so we've actually talked about what to do in case the shit hits the fan, LOL. That was a fun conversation...

Anyway, that guy is a nutjob, and I highly doubt anything will happen anytime soon. Just in case the shit hits the fan, any FJians are welcome to join our compound! lol.... (rolls eyes at the fruitcake Mr North).

Wonder what that means for Canada, our money is being slowly switched over to polymer (read plastic)... Though apparently we aren't the first country to do that.

While there are plenty of subtle nuances about whether or not to use the gold standard, this kind of thing is just plain nonsense. What makes gold valuable? What makes paper money valuable? In both cases, the answer is scarcity paired with the social agreement that you will be able to exchange it for things you want. There's nothing inherently valuable about gold besides a few niche industries. It's not some magical thing that is just great; it's only valuable because we all agree it is.

And this lack of intrinsic value would become apparent soon after any apocalypse of collapse of society. If someone has food available, do you really think they'll give it to you in exchange for a worthless lump if shiny metal? What the hell are they gonna do with that? The best things for trading would be food, clean water, water purification instruments, fuel, bullets, and toilet paper. Nobody will want your crummy gold.

I work on the principle that

if the shit hits the fan, I'm screwed.

Me too, for most of the reasons you've listed. I phrase it a little differently in that my hope is to die before the food riots.

All I know is that thanks to my son's zombie obsession, I passed the "Can you kill a Zombie" test on Facebook with flying colors. I'm set.

I've watched the Resident Evil movies a few times... So if there is a Zombie apocalypse, I'll find some heavy artillery and a flame thrower and I'll be set! lol!... Oh and a hot girl who can shoot... ;-)

Since paper money is of the devil, and evil feminists are of the devil, I vote that these folks all send their paper money to us. They need to be pure and good, after all.

Wonder what that means for Canada, our money is being slowly switched over to polymer (read plastic)... Though apparently we aren't the first country to do that.

They smell like maple syrup!

Um, since when in the Bible does it say to use paper money is a sin? I'm not an economist here, but if everybody starts using the same type of mone (gold/paper) doesn't it sorta fall down anyway since everybody uses it? Is this girl/guy on crack?

Oops, I sorta screwed up the OP - the part I quoted was from the author of the piece, not Gary North. The bit of Gary North she quoted was a bunch of Bible verses saying gold and silver is the form of money mentioned in the Bible, which, duh. Didn't think it was worth quoting.

Liltwinstar, about the end times stuff - "the movie Thief in the Night" and the book "Late Great Planet Earth" were the thing when I was growing up. Also there was a song on the Christian radio station with the line "the Son has come and you've been left behind". Anyone remember that one?

I've never told anyone this before, but when I was 5-6 I used to have this terrible phobia of the sound of airplanes. When I heard a plane approaching in the distance, I was sure it was Jesus coming back and the start of the end times. I don't know why I associated that sound with the scary end times imagery.

The thing is though for this gal, Leah, and the Visionary Womanhood blog owner, Reform/Dominion theology are an escape from the End Times thinking (sort of) and from the mindless drudgery at home. They really believe their children will be the rulers of the Earth, come the revolution and the collapse of the secular government. I'm not really joking about the Leninist "The worse the better" thinking, they really want our economy and government collapse, with horrible suffering for all, so the clean brave new world ruled by true Christians can emerge.

This is a trailer for a book by the author of the blog post:

KYkPEzN3ypM

I snickered at around 1:00 in the video.

Her blog is here: leahslabyrinth.wordpress.com/

I've noticed that the ones really in TEOTWAWKI seem to be not as "smart" in some ways. Especially if they were to read the Bible they would see the warnings not to plan or worry about the end times. That they would just happen when they happened and we'd know what to do.

They smell like maple syrup!

Sounds dangerous. But then I always get the urge to eat things that smell like edible things but should never be eaten (on purpose, I do admit to being one of those kids who swallowed a penny or twelve).

Paper money?? Heck when the FD was here earlier today and were giving me evacuation instructions they reminded me several times to be sure to bring my ready teller card if I had to bug out.

My survival plan: Find emmyfair, who can hunt and therefore feed me. Between her and my handyman husband, I think I'm all set. :mrgreen:

My survival plan: Find emmyfair, who can hunt and therefore feed me. Between her and my handyman husband, I think I'm all set. :mrgreen:

Mine is to find experiencedd to cook and eat her bra. :shock: Wait, I meant cook experiencedd's bra and it not cook and eat experiencedd. :whistle:

Mine is to find experiencedd to cook and eat her bra. :shock: Wait, I meant cook experiencedd's bra and it not cook and eat experiencedd. :whistle:

:lol:

I know you're all joking, but you are proving a point. The best way to deal with the collapse of society is to band together with other people with a variety of skills, and essentially create your own new society. People have taken over this planet and survived many things largely because of our social structure and our preference for working together and pooling resources. There's no independent lone survivalist type that could survive the zombie apocalypse for very long all alone. The people who work together are the ones who will survive.

Archived