IGNORED

Tebowie/Fallon/FotF/All things Tebow (MERGED)

I hope this means Tebow goes home and I don't have to hear about him until next year. 3/4 of everyone I know is a UGA fan... but now that he's all Jesusy (and doesn't play for the Gators anymore) everyone just looooves him. Ugh. I'm just tired of hearing/seeing it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is that bad. It's that bad,is sickening in fact, because it's another notch on the "divine intervention" belt for the whopping 43% of idiots who believe that Tebow is playing football for God, or that God if playing football for Tebow, I can't keep track of which.

Ignorance is dangerous and so are cute little kids glorifying the 3:16 Tebow crap.

I have a feeling that when Timmy was back in high school, his daddy Minister Bob saw dollar signs. Timmy had a nice career in the college levels. But we all know that most Heisman winners end up being busts in the NFL level. Timmy will end up on that path. The overhype of Timmy is very sad as I have mentioned before because the Broncos had an 8-8 regular season record. Timmy the martyr will never be extremely wealthy.

Hello crap, the Patriots just stomped all over the Broncos. I expected the Patriots to win but I didn't expect them to just roll over the Broncos.

My neighbors loved the FOF commercial but I imagine that anyone would enjoy hearing an ad that was positive toward their faith. I also call bullshit on anyone being really converted. Some Christians tend to only count their most recent conversions as their true conversions. So, if a person has fallen away from their faith and reconnected with Christ, they would count the latest conversion and say that the other salvation moments hadn't stuck.

A commercial that was positive toward atheism would never air during the football game

The fact that people keep on giving this attention whore attention is puzzling to me. Do we really need in-your-face Christianity in everything?

I went to one of those Bill Graham things when I was young, and was really confused when tons of people, including many in the youth group I was with, went up to the altar call since there was no way that many people there weren't already Christian. I guess being "re-born-again" is a thing, and I bet that's what happened with that woman's sons.

Sometimes I think it's like the old line about there only being one fruitcake in the world, that people keep re-gifting and never eating.

Maybe, all over the world, it's the same few thousand people getting "saved" over and over and over . . . :lol:

The fact that people keep on giving this attention whore attention is puzzling to me. Do we really need in-your-face Christianity in everything?

I think a lot of attention and hype that Tebow has received has been undeserved. The Broncos weren't that a great of a team this season. I think Tebow is probably disliked by a lot of NFL players for the "in-your-face Christianity attitude". I imagine his teammates talking about him behind his back. I also bet a lot of Christian NFL players dislike him always talking about God.

PZ has said it best thus far:

This is what happens when you vaingloriously give your deity responsibility for carrying a stupid little football game: his impotence might be exposed.

I think a lot of attention and hype that Tebow has received has been undeserved. The Broncos weren't that a great of a team this season. I think Tebow is probably disliked by a lot of NFL players for the "in-your-face Christianity attitude". I imagine his teammates talking about him behind his back. I also bet a lot of Christian NFL players dislike him always talking about God.

I feel like we need a Kanye West meme here.

"Yo Tim Tebow, Imma let you finish but Jesus was the most pious of them all!"

I might be biased but from what little reaction I've seen towards this guy it seems to be almost exclusively people who feel that Christians are a persecuted minority in the United States. It didn't even cross my radar until they did a piece on him on the evening news. I'm in Canada! I decided to look up and see what the controversy was with him.

This struck me as funny. Under the Fallon video some people are claiming that Tebow isn't actually praying, so he isn't breaking Jesus command not to pray in public

The Pharisees announced when they were in the marketplaces, they made a public spectacle to appear spiritually "superior" to the other Jews. Tebow isn't bringing a show with him when he prays, he's just kneeling down demonstrating reverence to God, he doesn't ask for the camera to be there. You don't hear repeated phrases out loud like the Pharisees, you see him kneeling. That's not ungodly. And he constantly points to others and Jesus Christ, not himself. An unbeliever doesn't.

Praising god is not praying?

I'm not really a football person so wasn't really aware of the Tebow thing, but was reading the Thimble Thoughts Blog just yesterday & this is what Kristi had to say on the subject:

Friday, January 13, 2012

Have You Had Enough of Tim Tebow?

I have seen a lot of people talking about Denver Bronco's quarterback, Tim Tebow. I don't think I have actually heard or seen any person be in the middle of the controversy that surrounds him and his faith in God. They either like him for his faith or hate him for his faith.

To be honest, I do not know what he believes doctrinally. I do not know if he goes to church on Sunday. I do not know if he gives tithes and offerings. I do not know if he participates in church activities or sings in the choir.

I do know that he professes to be saved. I do know that he works with his parents in their mission work in the Philippines during his time off. I do know that he will always give God the glory whether his team wins or loses a game.

What I can not understand are the many people that hate him and judge him based on the fact that he does give God the glory. The world hates him because of that very reason, and that is to be expected. Christ said that Christians would be hated because they hated Him. If Tebow did not profess Christianity, everyone would LOVE him for his athletic abilities. I mean, come on... he is really good. He does not make me a Bronco's fan, (go GREEN BAY) but you can not deny he is good on the ball field. I guess I've been thinking more of what other professing Christians say about him and how they feel about him.

The other day, someone eluded to the fact that Tebow had a false Christianity based on the fact that he does not attend church. This made my eyebrows raise. For one thing, I do not recall his church attendance being recorded on his football stats. How do we know he does not make the effort to attend a local assembly when he is out of town or make it to his own assembly when he is home? I thought that was reaching a little low. Of course, this was my friend's thoughts. And although I disagree with him on that, he is entitled to his own opinion. I just do not see righteous judgement being in its proper place in this instance.

I have no intention of placing Tim Tebow on any kind of pedestal, as though he were the next Messiah. But I do commend him for his public faith in Jesus Christ. I get tired of hearing secular musicians, actors, and athletes thank God for their success, then days later they are in the news for drug and alcohol abuse, divorces, remarriages, unwed pregnancies, illegal activities etc. But here we have a young man that professes his faith and the only thing he is in the media for are his games and, well... his faith. Yet, Christians everywhere are ready to stone him for whatever thing they can think up about him.

There are a lot of fabulous athletes out there who are an embarrassment to sports because of their life outside the ball field. Personally, I think it is refreshing to have some kind of role model out there that our kids can admire for his athletic abilities on the field and his moral standards off the field.

Have you had enough of Tim Tebow? Not me. I won't grandstand him, but I'm not gonna cut him down either. He's just a guy, playing the sport he loves, and giving God the glory for it, win or lose. If you have a problem with that, what is it exactly? And is it facts that you KNOW about him that can be judged by righteous judgement?

John 7:24 "Judge not according to the appearance, but

judge righteous judgment."

Ha! I guess God is a Pats fan.

I don't have to hear about Tebow again until next year. :dance:

No, sorry, Jesus is a Steelers fan and he is pissed that the Steelers lost last week. Payback is a bitch. :)

And on the second playoff game, Tebow rested.

As a Patriots season ticket holder and Tebow hater I loved this game! I cannot stand those who say people hate Tebow because of his religiousness. No, some people (like myself) find his in-your-face Christianity to be tacky, phony, and obnoxious. But the hate stems from his fan club and the media who perpetuate the myths that 1) he's a good QB, and 2) God helps him win. It makes me want to throw up. Hopefully we don't have to hear about him until training camp.

As a Patriots season ticket holder and Tebow hater I loved this game! I cannot stand those who say people hate Tebow because of his religiousness. No, some people (like myself) find his in-your-face Christianity to be tacky, phony, and obnoxious. But the hate stems from his fan club and the media who perpetuate the myths that 1) he's a good QB, and 2) God helps him win. It makes me want to throw up. Hopefully we don't have to hear about him until training camp.

I agree the media and his fans have both perpetuated those myths. I have been laughing at some Tebow fans and Broncos fans since last year. Some NFL fans forget that a lot of Heisman winners and athletes who were big in college don't do well at the pro level. I think Tebow might have a decent career in the NFL, but he won't be extremely successful. I laugh at John Elway for thinking that Tebow is good for the Broncos in the long run.

Another Pats fan here...and a Gator fan, too. What got me most about the pre-game hype was the media spin about Tebow always being underestimated. Then, of course, brave Timmy proves them all wrong. Absolute bullshit.

He won a state title for his high school. He was a top college recruiting prospect. His parents sought out a high school with a good football program. It's not like he was a walk-on who surprised everyone with his amazing talent.

His religiousity is certainly obnoxious. The media spin makes it even worse. And Timmy seems to believe it - he participates in it anyway.

By the way, Timmy played against former Gator teammates last night. Hernandez scored the Patriot's first touch down. Spikes caused Timmy's fumble.

From a religious perspective, Tim Tebow is showing his weakness for the sins of vanity and pride. Mr. Tebow is entitled to have his faith and to express it in public. I feel that he is being exploited by the political religious right because of his pride and vanity. Over my lifetime, I have seen other professional players bow their heads, kneel and pray, as well as cross themselves before and durig a game. He certainly has the right to do that. Of course, people have the right to be vocal about finding him obnoxious because he is so "in your face" about it.

This is a very young man. He was raised and holds a very narrow point of view. He is now thrust into a world that he is less prepared to handle than he thinks. The "Focus on the Family" people and others who are exploiting him know how to talk the talk to him and have him drink their Kool-aid. They are creating an image, a hero that cannot exist in reality. He is just a recent college graduate thrust into the world of professional sports and made larger than life. What happens when he has behaviors that are not consistant with this image? His handlers will, undoubtedly cover things up...whether it is a mean and vengeful temper, womanizing, greed, hate or something else. Eventually the cover will be blown and the media will eat him alive.

We have seen it so many times before, from OJ Simpson to Tiger Woods.

Oh, Lord, why hast thou forsaken me and bestowed thy glorious blessings upon the ebil heathen Catholic who swears like a sailor on leave, tells his fans to drink the demon rum early and often, and has fathered out-of-wedlock children with more than one woman?

This is what some random woman on Facebook posted today.

"He is not on drugs, not accused of rape, or dog fighting. He is someone that does not care that people knows he loves christ. The world hates him because they hate Christ. He is a great example."

Yeeeeeeeeahhhhh......... :roll:

She completely ignored my post about the public praying admonishment in the Bible and how it had nothing to do with Tebow being Christian, just his showboating. I also pointed out that Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers is an Orthodox Christian, and I don't see him pulling the stunts that Tebow does. I also like Polamalu (and his hair!), because he seems like a genuinely good guy.

First I want to thank all of the 'temporarily converted' Pat's fans, and all of us loyal, long time fans, second my regards to the Salem Witches, and third I want to thank the Broncos for the great job they did in enabling a glorius Patriot win. Yes, I am real tired of all the fuss over Tebow, but how does that relate to hating Christ? Just askin'. Oh, how Christians are persecuted in the USA!

This is what some random woman on Facebook posted today.

"He is not on drugs, not accused of rape, or dog fighting. He is someone that does not care that people knows he loves christ. The world hates him because they hate Christ. He is a great example."

Yeeeeeeeeahhhhh......... :roll:

She completely ignored my post about the public praying admonishment in the Bible and how it had nothing to do with Tebow being Christian, just his showboating. I also pointed out that Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers is an Orthodox Christian, and I don't see him pulling the stunts that Tebow does. I also like Polamalu (and his hair!), because he seems like a genuinely good guy.

I have seen posts and comments like those on FB and other sites for the past few weeks. It irks me that a lot of NFL fans act like Tebow is the only good guy in the NFL. I also think Polamalu is a good guy and there are others in the NFL that I think that are pretty decent people. Some may be cocky but they don't irritate me the way Tebow does.

Archived