IGNORED

Tebowie/Fallon/FotF/All things Tebow (MERGED)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So tebow what has he done to merit this great honor?

DENVER (AP) - Can Tim Tebow's blessing inspire Colorado lawmakers? One state representative thinks so.

Democratic Rep. Sal Pace sent a letter Friday to the Broncos quarterback inviting him to lead the House in the daily morning prayer before lawmakers start work. Pace said in the letter that Tebow is an excellent choice to "give Colorado's elected officials guidance as we take on the important task of leading Colorado."

"You have inspired Colorado. You have inspired America!" Pace wrote. "Throughout your career you have consistently proven the naysayers wrong."

The morning prayer at the Capitol's House and Senate is led every day by different people of all faiths.

Colorado lawmakers have been going gaga over the Broncos this week leading up to the team's divisional playoff showdown with the New England Patriots on Saturday. How has Broncos and Tebow-mania gripped the state Capitol?

Shout out from Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper during State of State speech? Check.

Broncos jerseys and other gear? Check.

Waving of Broncos' team towel? Check.

"By leading the Denver Broncos into the playoffs, and giving us our first playoff victory in six years, you have given all of Colorado something to cheer about, in times that have been filled with all too often negative news," Pace said in the letter.

Pace said the House has several dates available for Tebow to choose from.

"Our schedule is flexible, as we do not want to take you away from any practice prior to the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl," Pace wrote while making the assumption that the Broncos will pull off another upset this weekend.

Is is sad I never follow football and suddenly Tebow's team is my least favorite? I can't wait for them to lose in an important game. The SNL skit on Tebow was the best.

Is is sad I never follow football and suddenly Tebow's team is my least favorite? I can't wait for them to lose in an important game. The SNL skit on Tebow was the best.

Hopefully, that will be today when they play the New England Patriots!!

Hopefully, that will be today when they play the New England Patriots!!

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!

I never paid much attention to the AFC because I bleed pure green and gold BUT the Broncos suck purely for the reason that TT thinks he is jeebus's BFF. My friends and I have a weird obsession with "Tebowing" in very inappropriate places. My roommate had me catch a picture of her doing it as she got down for mass and again in the confession booth.....we still have a week left until Uni starts back up.

Express bus to hell for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!

I never paid much attention to the AFC because I bleed pure green and gold BUT the Broncos suck purely for the reason that TT thinks he is jeebus's BFF. My friends and I have a weird obsession with "Tebowing" in very inappropriate places. My roommate had me catch a picture of her doing it as she got down for mass and again in the confession booth.....we still have a week left until Uni starts back up.

Express bus to hell for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Me TOO, I lived in Wisconsin for 20 years!! I never ever in my life thought I would root for the Pat's, but I am today just because I am so sick of Tim Tebow!

Some people act as though Tebow is Jesus.

His overly dramatic pose on the field actually contradicts Jesus' commandment to not pray in public like the pharisees.

I hope after today he is consigned to the dustbin of history. I honestly don't blame him personally for all the hoopla, though. He is just doing his thing. Evidently, however, it's not enough for the media to discuss the actual sport of football. Let's us hope that after today the 3-ring circus that is Tim Tebow goes dark till training camp.

I've followed football forever and the Broncos were my all-time most hated team BEFORE Tebow. I think Tom Brady is also a little shit (for different reasons, hated him since his high school days), but baby jeebus help me, I have to root for the Pats today.

I feel dirty, but Tebow needs to be put out of his misery, like...an old Bronco...

Read some of the comments from Christians on that site. A lot remark that they still find the clip funny but others are determined to find persecution in what is really a very mild satire. Fallon doesn't call Tebow ugly or stupid. He doesn't mock his faith. It hurts my head to read some of the comments.

So, what about the rest of the players. Especially the defense.

And the field goal kicker!!! 59 yard field goal. The all time record is 62!!!

As a pro-level athlete Tebow has been overpraised this season. His team has an 8-8 record and they got lucky in the wild card game last weekend. The media attention on Tebow is flat out annoying because it is has been undeserved.

And the field goal kicker!!! 59 yard field goal. The all time record is 62!!!

All the records (except Dempsey's that was the standard for almost 40 years) were kicked at Denver. Including Seabass'. And believe me, he's about as heathen as they come. :twisted:

Good to see Timmy getting his ass Tebowed right now. He looks like a little girlyman out there. Hell, he looks like a girl, period.

Go Pats (still kills me to say that).

Ha! I liked the skit. I don't watch football but I can imagine what he's like. Even not watching football my FB is covered with pro-Tebow garbage. Sick of it.

I don't normally follow the AFC games because I too bleed green and gold (growing up 90 miles from GRB, it was a given). I am however cheering for the Patriots and hope that Tom Terrific will show Timmy that God is on the side of the talented not the pious tonight. And after the nailbiter with the 49ers and the Saints, it's going to be a wonderful divisional championship.

Holy shit. FOTF bought serious commercial time during this football game to have a bunch of little kids recite John 3:16 (eta: ironically, it aired right after NE scored...Heehee).

I know FOTF is based in Colorado and all that, but I don't remember them doing that for the equally annoying Kurt Warner when he was spewing his evangelical crap everywhere.

So I'm watching the New England vs Denver Game (and reading Free Jinger) and all of a sudden a bunch of kids on my tv screen are reading John 3:16. I look up from my Free Jinger reading to watch the commercial and at the end of it it says "Focus on the family"

Did anyone seen this? I watched most of the earlier playoff game today and I didn't see it. Playoff commercials are pretty expensive, do you think they choose the Tebow game on purpose?

Archived