IGNORED

Tebowie/Fallon/FotF/All things Tebow (MERGED)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy shit. FOTF bought serious commercial time during this football game to have a bunch of little kids recite John 3:16 (eta: ironically, it aired right after NE scored...Heehee).

I know FOTF is based in Colorado and all that, but I don't remember them doing that for the equally annoying Kurt Warner when he was spewing his evangelical crap everywhere.

I just saw that and started a thread b/c I hadn't seen this!!

I really want Denver to win tonight, but thats just b/c it will give Batimore another home playoff game (where we will beat Denver)

I posted about it on the Tebow thread. He is, after all, the only reason that commercial aired in the first place.

Love that it came right after New England scored. And no, I was floored when I realized what was happening and not shocked that those fucks who got 10% of my parents' estate did it.

I saw it and was surprised. Ugh, FOTF made themselves look not like the not-so-friendly people they really are.

I was disgusted and gave the ad the finger. I posted about it on Facebook and a devout Catholic friend of mine had done the same thing. Another friends said those kids' parents were just off-set, holding the plumbing line.

The Patriots are winning 35-7 at halftime. :clap:

Ugh. I saw it and was surprised. It was like getting hit in the face with a dead fish.

Anyhow the Patriots are winning 42-7. Yay.

The Saints went down in flames and Tebow is currently getting his ass handed to him by Brady and the Pats. Nothing could bother me today. It's a wonderful day in the NFL.

Yes, I'm sure they chose the Tebow game on purpose. Tebow and his mommy made an anti abortion commercial for Focus on the Family several years ago that aired during the Super Bowl.

Honestly, it's not that bad (and I really dislike FotF). I thought it was going to be another graphic anti-abortion ad, but I don't have a problem with this.

meh. I don't watch football, but the you tube of the commercial was pretty boring. I am over that style of kid delivered repeated ooze. It's pretty old news in the ad biz. Somehow I doubt that people will be won over.

meh. I don't watch football, but the you tube of the commercial was pretty boring. I am over that style of kid delivered repeated ooze. It's pretty old news in the ad biz. Somehow I doubt that people will be won over.

Bet again. This is being retweeted by a lot of people:

@focusfamily Both my sons just saw your commercial and gave their lives to Christ as a result. Thank you. #John316

@focusfamily Both my sons just saw your commercial and gave their lives to Christ as a result. Thank you. #John316

I wouldn't be surprised if the sons were like five years old, though.

I agree that it was pretty boring, and I think nearly every kid on tv is annoying.

I call bullshit that they really actually converted because of a damn commercial. The boys were already being raised Christian.

I call bullshit that they really actually converted because of a damn commercial. The boys were already being raised Christian.

I went to one of those Bill Graham things when I was young, and was really confused when tons of people, including many in the youth group I was with, went up to the altar call since there was no way that many people there weren't already Christian. I guess being "re-born-again" is a thing, and I bet that's what happened with that woman's sons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sons were like five years old, though.

I agree that it was pretty boring, and I think nearly every kid on tv is annoying.

^This too.

And kids on TV are really annoying. I swear kids' voices aren't that high-pitched in RL. I haven't seen the commerical though.

Yes, I'm sure they chose the Tebow game on purpose. Tebow and his mommy made an anti abortion commercial for Focus on the Family several years ago that aired during the Super Bowl.

This. I agree. Tebow and FOF are probably tight with each other.

Archived