IGNORED

What's going on with Christopher & Anna Marie?

sparrow

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to check back in w/Becca because for some reason I thought Anna's family lived in Eastern WA; I got it in my head that they were from the Spokane area. Western WA is so much nicer. I get up there every couple of years to visit relatives in Seattle and Sequim...was there during the big heat wave a couple of years ago and went to a Mariner's game in 103 degree heat...may as well have been in Spokane that day! :cry:

I'm saddened that that poor little girl was institutionalized for a time. As others have said, we've wondered how these families would fare with a special-needs child. At least in this case, the answer is "deny and hide." That's the danger of these families becoming less and less educated in future generations. The political leaders these people vote for that validates their anti-intellectualism, which only makes a bad situation worse. America is dumb enough already; we don't need Palin, Bachmann, et al. (all college educated, hell, someone gave Bachmann a law degree) supporting the dumbing down of America, but keeping 'em stupid keeps their vote.

marmalade, did you get the impression they institutionalized little Sarah?

I assumed Becca meant they adopted her from an orphanage.

Then I launched into a graphic step by step explanation on how to have sex. I watched their jaws hit the floor as they nervously looked at each other as I talked. At the end I said "any comments or questions" and they both (both were blushing like crazy) hastily thanked me and left. The next visit they were pregnant. The lesson: don't assume 'it's just like legos' for everyone.

I would looooove to know what they were doing before that. I wonder if they thought whatever they were doing was sex, or if they just had no concept of what sex was at all and weren't doing anything?

Hi there I'm new to this blog and fascinated by this thread. When did this couple's wedding take place, I would like to see the pics for myself after reading about them here!

Thanks! :)

Guest Anonymous
On the pregnancy thing....Until the 1970s it was routine for people to be pretty clueless about sex. Yet my Grandmother, who married in 1926 always said "The first baby can come any time, but after that they all seem to take about 9 months...."

My grandma used to say something similar whenever a newly married couple delivered a 'premature' baby within 6 or 7 months of marriage.... "Pregnancy usually lasts 9 months but first pregnancies can sometimes be a lot shorter..." :lol:

I am really hoping that C and A-M are happily keeping out of the limelight while they get to know each other.

I would looooove to know what they were doing before that. I wonder if they thought whatever they were doing was sex, or if they just had no concept of what sex was at all and weren't doing anything?

A few years ago I read an article about that problem happening in China. Some couples were so sheltered they thought that just sleeping next to each other was all that was needed. I can't find that article but Slate mentioned the issue in an article about people there not knowing how to prevent pregnancies: http://www.slate.com/id/2234600/pagenum/all

But Anna lived on a goat farm, so she obviously had to see the goats getting their fun on at times so she HAS to know the very basics. I think Chris isn't interested.

Guest Anonymous
I think Chris isn't interested.

I really hope we are wrong, but I think that too.

I would REALLY love to know the issues that Christopher's last courtshipee brought up, that led to him breaking the courtship off... :o

As far as Christopher's last courtship, I could see him breaking it off because of something as stupid as the girl held hands with a guy at some point, or otherwise gave away pieces of her heart.

Or Steve ended up not approving of the girl afterall and Christopher had to break it off. I wouldn't be surprised.

I actually follow Sarah Smith's blog (the gal Christopher was engaged to before) and she's delightful. Sure, she's a Gothardite, but she's pretty, smart, travels the world, and has a life of her own. Oh, and she doesn't wear frumpers. She dodged a bullet getting out of that engagement, for SURE.

I feel sorry for A-M and am now wondering if they really aren't knowing how to conceive a child? Far be it that they would ever consult a doctor, right?

I am intrigued by the idea that either A-M's younger sister was adopted from an orphanage or was institutionalized, either way. I would really hate to think her parents couldn't handle her disabilities due to their religious convictions. Sigh.

Surely Steve or Nathan would not let him walk into a marriage not knowing how all that works. I believe in one of the Mom's corners Teri hints that Steve has "talks" with the boys but she is not privvy to the subject matter.

Even fundies realize that sex is an important part of marriage, for bonding and baby-making. As much as I hate Steve I have a hard time believing he didn't talk to Christopher about what to expect. He and Nathan were raised in the same home and obviously Nathan knows how babies are made. If Anna Marie is stressed and unhappy, that may be a key to why she is not conceiving, or maybe Christopher has performance anxiety/issues.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris isn't allergic to vaginas. :shhh:

:lol: I think we've figured out the problem!

I really hope we are wrong, but I think that too.

I would REALLY love to know the issues that Christopher's last courtshipee brought up, that led to him breaking the courtship off... :o

Didn't she have a blog? I wonder what ever happened to her?

I've always just imagined the courtship failed because there was no way the girl could ever live up to Maxwell standards and someone realized it soon enough to save her from a life of misery. I'd really love to think that she realized it and made it obvious to Christopher and daddy M that she just wouldn't do for him or the family.

Whatever may or may not have happened, when it comes to narrowly escaping life with the Maxwell coven, I find it much more enjoyable to imagine a woman with a a little spirit and a sense of self preservation, even if she didn't actually break it off but acted in a way that left no doubt that she was not of their mold and wouldn't be a fitting choice to expand their coven.

They seriously creep me out and I can't imagine how they will find an older man to marry their almost 30 year old daughter. By that age, there has been - for most, not raised in a Maxwell type environment - at least some experience in life and at least some sense of what one wants as an individual. Sarah doesn't get that opportunity, but most are not raised quite as secluded and shut off from the world as she has been. Especially a grown man with the financial resources to support a wife and start a family - he'll have spent years working, if they find someone near her age anyway. What man would want Steve & Teri as inlaws? What man would want to put himself in that position? And I mean man - someone suitable for a 30 year old woman; not a Tsantles or Brown teenager barely old enough to shave much less some kind of life experiences outside their own parent's little worlds.

It has been a few pages, but clibbyjo, can you share what your intuition is saying about this marriage? Something seems really off to me - not exactly abusive, just weird.

I'm also curious about how Anna's cousin found us.

But Anna lived on a goat farm, so she obviously had to see the goats getting their fun on at times so she HAS to know the very basics. I think Chris isn't interested.

This is sort of the point I was going to make. In the past, people might have married young or been sheltered, but most people lived on or near farms, or even had pet dogs and cats that weren't fixed, so I think they had a lot more to work with back then.

As for the name thing, when I was in 8th grade I had three best friends name Jenn (and one named Jess) and we all managed to communicate with each other without making anyone change their name or even nickname. And being teen girls, we spent A LOT of time talking to each other. If a bunch of kids can figure it out, then there's no reason that Anna or Sarah should have go by a different name. And if the Maxwells wanted their kids to be speshul, then maybe they shouldn't have picked the most common names.

Wondering in WA... could you post the link to Sarah Smith's blog? I'd love to read it.

I think in another conversation, somebody posted a link to the video for Christopher & Anna's wedding. Does anybody still have that? I want to hear again what Christopher was talking about in his diatribe at the end of the wedding.

How long have they been married? I didn't think it had been all that long. It's perfectly normal to take up to a year for a young and healthy couple to conceive.

simplysanctified.wordpress.com

As for C's diatribe, he launched into the Good Person Test after giving Anna quick peck and a hug. It's like he was chomping at the bit to get into it and didn't want to be bothered by Anna. She just hung onto his arm and kept herhead down the whole time.

Wondering in WA... could you post the link to Sarah Smith's blog? I'd love to read it.

Here is Sara's blog. http://simplysanctifiedDOTwordpressDOTcom/

She's pretty and clever and adventurous. Absolutely NOT Maxwell material at all! Her clothes are cute, she wears jewelry and makeup. I wish nothing but the best for her!

(BTW, are we still breaking URLs here? I did but wasn't sure why we were doing it).

Guest Anonymous
I've always just imagined the courtship failed because there was no way the girl could ever live up to Maxwell standards and someone realized it soon enough to save her from a life of misery. I'd really love to think that she realized it and made it obvious to Christopher and daddy M that she just wouldn't do for him or the family.

Whatever may or may not have happened, when it comes to narrowly escaping life with the Maxwell coven, I find it much more enjoyable to imagine a woman with a a little spirit and a sense of self preservation, even if she didn't actually break it off but acted in a way that left no doubt that she was not of their mold and wouldn't be a fitting choice to expand their coven.

Archived