IGNORED

What's going on with Christopher & Anna Marie?

sparrow

Does anyone know if they keep a blog? I'm so curious to know more about these two. They seem so... extra strange. And they've been oddly silent for a newlywed evangelist quiverfull couple. Does anyone know anything about Anna Marie's family?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't get a baby update when they get back from visiting her family then things must be going BADLY. I cannot believe how quiet the Maxwell's have been with C&A. Maybe Christopher took her home and dropped her off...

If we don't get a baby update when they get back from visiting her family then things must be going BADLY. I cannot believe how quiet the Maxwell's have been with C&A. Maybe Christopher took her home and dropped her off...

:laughing-rollingyellow: She should be so lucky.

To answer your questions, sparrow, they don't have a blog (if they do, it's super secret), and I can't remember much about her family. I know she has fewer siblings than most uber-fundies do.

I'm actually a relative of Anna Marie's and I can tell you they do not have a blog, which frustrates me as well. We are close enough that I can tell you also that at least as of this week there is no new Maxwell baby on the horizon. Due to our differences in lifestyle and beliefs we do not talk much except at family gatherings, otherwise I would be able to tell you all what is going on. I find it very odd too that none of us have really heard from her. Even though we live relatively close, we did not get an invite to see Anna on this last visit, which I find incredibly curious. I also hate that she looks so sad in all the pics that I've seen on the Maxwell site lately....

Interesting. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions...

--Were you in more frequent contact with Anna before she was married?

--Were you invited to the wedding, and did you attend?

--Does anyone, other than the Maxwells, call Anna "Anna Marie"?

Interesting. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions...

--Were you in more frequent contact with Anna before she was married?

--Were you invited to the wedding, and did you attend?

--Does anyone, other than the Maxwells, call Anna "Anna Marie"?

When we were little, before her family went all fundie on us, she and I (we're 5 yrs apart) played a lot together and had sleepovers and such. Over the last 15 years or so that contact and information about their beliefs became scarce. Yes, I attended the wedding. No we don't call her Anna Marie. The Maxwells started that because they already had an Anna Maxwell and didn't want it to get confusing. That's also why they call her sister Sarah "Grace" because that's her middle name.

Their courtship seemed so short. It seemed like her family came to visit the Maxwell's once, spent the week doing labor on Christopher's house, then at the end of the week she was engaged. They didn't say anything about how he asked her. All I saw was a photo of them putting painter's tape on the stairway trim, which didn't seem like the epitome of romance IMHO. And it kind of rubbed me funny that at the end of their wedding, after the kiss, Christopher spent the next 15 straight minutes preaching a sermon while poor Anna tried to hang onto his arm as he waved it about. It was like he didn't even notice she was there, holding onto him. I just really hope she's happy. And treated as well as she deserves.

Ok, I am new here (I defected from TWOP actually) and I am dying to know this - how old is Anna (Marie)?

Any idea on why she wore no makeup at her wedding? I found that extremely odd.

One last thing - does Christopher ping your gaydar at all? :D

Becca, did your family think the wedding was as odd as everyone here at FJ did? Do the Maxwells seem even more extreme to you than Anna's family does, or do you not spend enough time with her family to really get a sense of that?

Becca, is this the first time since the wedding that Anna has seen her family?

Also, do you or anyone in your family have any ideas on why you all weren't

invited over to see Anna during her visit? I'm hoping it's not because she's becoming

more and more isolated like her inlaws.

I always hope that they just want their privacy, and it's Christopher's way of distancing himself from the main family. When is the last time we saw Anna in a pic, at the Olive Garden?

That's also why they call her sister Sarah "Grace" because that's her middle name.

Becca, apologies for being another in the string of questions, but since we know next to nothing about Anna's family, we're curious!

Did sister "Grace" attend an ATI "Journey to the Heart" retreat a couple of years ago? I recall someone here saying that the albino girl in the picture was Anna's younger sister, and pictures from the Maxwell site confirmed Anna has an albino sister. Is it the same girl? Or is this something you can't confirm because you don't know if they're involved with Gothard? If it's the same girl, I think that it's a little strange that they're ATI, because Steve Maxwell appears to have broken away from any ministry other than his own YEARS ago, although one of the biggest pimps for their chorepacks is ATI-royalty Michelle Duggar.

I always hope that they just want their privacy, and it's Christopher's way of distancing himself from the main family. When is the last time we saw Anna in a pic, at the Olive Garden?

She appears in the back of a picture in which the Ms are picnicking, but I don't know when the photo was taken or the scintillating activity blogged about... sometime this spring, I think.

I hope Christopher is a good husband, but it seems doubtful that he's emotionally normal, thanks to his wonderful upbringing. I feel for Anna. It could be worse--Christopher is decent looking, and they aren't living in poverty--but I just don't think there's a whole lot of joy and laughter in that family or their marriage. (How could there be? Laughing is FUN.)

There was one picture on the Maxwell blog where they were all having bible study over at Christopher's and Anna's place - I remember it being extremely unwelcoming and cold looking. I was surprised Anna hadn't used her Keeper at Home skill set more in the decorating department. Weird. Hopefully they are too busy fucking for her to decorate. I do hope they have a happy marriage, and just want to keep things to themselves.

Ok, I am new here (I defected from TWOP actually) and I am dying to know this - how old is Anna (Marie)?

Any idea on why she wore no makeup at her wedding? I found that extremely odd.

One last thing - does Christopher ping your gaydar at all? :D

Anna's in her mid twenties. And she didn't wear makeup because they don't believe in wearing makeup. I don't believe I have ever seen her in makeup.

Becca, is this the first time since the wedding that Anna has seen her family?

Also, do you or anyone in your family have any ideas on why you all weren't

invited over to see Anna during her visit? I'm hoping it's not because she's becoming

more and more isolated like her inlaws.

I believe this is the first time she's been back here since the wedding. It seemed like kind of a last minute visit thing actually. I was as surprised as everyone else to not get an email announcing her pregnancy as I received when they started courting, and again when they were engaged. It sounds like she calls or emails her parents pretty regularly, but only my grandfather has seen her besides them since the wedding.

This has had to have been HUGE adjustment for Anna Marie...Before she was married, she was a true Proverbs 31 woman. She had her goat herd and her soap making and her garden. She and her brothers sold their various items at the local farmer's market. All of that....all of that has been taken away from her. She moved half way across the north american continent. Far away from her family and support system. She was married off to minor fundie royalty and now she's not much more than chattel to one of the menfolk in the very odd Maxwell clan. Her purpose now is to further her husband/lord and master's "vision". They live in a subdivision not far (across the street???) from Mother and Father Maxwell. Is there room for her to have a garden and maybe a few hens? Is there a place for her to buy fresh goats milk and continue to make soap? Would her lord and master allow her to have those things? Even if she were only producing what they ate and what abundance they could share with immediately family??? Anna Marie's whose identity has been taken away (in a way) and now she's expected to become a MaxBot-- a clone of the other Maxwell females with no personality or interests or opinions or personal clothing that aren't exactly like theirs. This is just my observation, and in opinion, a terrible thing to do to any human being. My former inlaws tried to do this to me...and it totally sucked. I feel for this young lady. She truly had no idea what she was getting into.

Thanks for answering my nosy questions. She seems like a lovely girl, and was a very pretty bride. I really hope she is happy (I root for her along with Sarah M. and Melanie M. lol)

Becca, did your family think the wedding was as odd as everyone here at FJ did? Do the Maxwells seem even more extreme to you than Anna's family does, or do you not spend enough time with her family to really get a sense of that?

Yes, our family did find the whole thing odd, but had been expecting nothing less knowing what types of beliefs they had. A few of my family members started following the blog after the wedding announcement, so we knew it was going to be interesting at least. I don't think any of us were completely prepared for the whole thing. I come from a family of strong independent females, all of whom were offended at the transfer of authority and the obey line had been omitted from all of our weddings. The worst was when they called themselves 2nd generation christians, since my grandparents and their parents and so on had all raised christian children, basically calling us all heathens for not being perfect little fundies. And yes, the Maxwells are very extreme compared to what we've seen from them.

Were the Maxwells friendly towards your family (fundie and non-fundie) or did the isolate themselves? Did you get to see Uriah? :lol:

Were the Maxwells friendly towards your family (fundie and non-fundie) or did the isolate themselves? Did you get to see Uriah? :lol:

Uriah was parked in front of the church when we pulled up. In my experience, the Maxwells are ridiculously friendly to everyone...so much so that it's really creepy.

Becca, apologies for being another in the string of questions, but since we know next to nothing about Anna's family, we're curious!

Did sister "Grace" attend an ATI "Journey to the Heart" retreat a couple of years ago? I recall someone here saying that the albino girl in the picture was Anna's younger sister, and pictures from the Maxwell site confirmed Anna has an albino sister. Is it the same girl? Or is this something you can't confirm because you don't know if they're involved with Gothard? If it's the same girl, I think that it's a little strange that they're ATI, because Steve Maxwell appears to have broken away from any ministry other than his own YEARS ago, although one of the biggest pimps for their chorepacks is ATI-royalty Michelle Duggar.

I thought I posted a reply to this already...stupid internet monkeys. I highly doubt that Sarah attended the Journey. Although her family won't admit to it, it's pretty apparent to the rest of us that she is mentally retarded. She also has extremely bad eyesight which is common among albinos and they hardly let her out of her sight. They have a lot of trouble controlling her in public and I believe that it maddens them to no end. In fact I recall a conversation with Anna's mother in which she mentioned that the Maxwell girls have been giving them tips on how to manage her behavior in public.

Wow, I (and I'm sure most of the rest of us) had no idea she had such serious health issues! I just recall seeing a picture of her helping with some task when the family came out to Kansas during what I think they would define as the "courting" (or engaged to become engaged) stage.

I wish her all the best, especially if her parents are seemingly ignoring these issues and not getting her the help (and possibly meds) that she might need to make her life easier. So sad. :(

PS: I've had about 10 posts eaten this last week alone! Grrrr.... glad you're on west coast time, although if you're near Anna's family, you're definitely not near the coast) and could answer a fellow west coaster's question. Nice cool seabreeze on my back right now. :mrgreen:

Archived