IGNORED

When is Kelly Bates due?

Daenerys

When the baby is born, I decided to write a really long congratulation letter AND a poem and post it wherever I can, because I'm sure that the duggar parents read some of the forums or websites. I'll express how great it is to have a perfect, beautiful, healthy, full term baby and how God loves her for allowing her to have such a precious thing. I'm sure if, by any accident Michelle comes across it, she'll love it.

That's really sick.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the baby is born, I decided to write a really long congratulation letter AND a poem and post it wherever I can, because I'm sure that the duggar parents read some of the forums or websites. I'll express how great it is to have a perfect, beautiful, healthy, full term baby and how God loves her for allowing her to have such a precious thing. I'm sure if, by any accident Michelle comes across it, she'll love it.

But what if it's a "fat" girl baby? Then it won't be perfect. :roll:

I tend to think both Kelly and Gil are more likeable than Michelle and Jim Bob, but maybe that is because we haven't seen them as much. From what I can remember, though, in one scene they did ask their kids to volunteer for jobs around the house (rather than assigning jurisdictions), Kelly seems to do a lot of cooking and homeschooling rather than giving it to her daughters, Gil was almost teary eyed in one scene where he had stated he was very proud of Erin (I think it was related to Erin taking her college piano class), and it seemed very geniune about how that feel towards their kids, that they really do love them. I've never quite felt this love from Michelle, and only partially from Jim Bob...he seems to like the idea of his quiver and how great it makes him look more than anything else. The Bates could probably go on a decent vacation courtesy of TLC, something they would not be able to afford on their own (remember On the Road with 16 Children?). I'd watch it :)

I remember an interview with Gil where he was talking about Erin's piano talent, and he called her a "really good testimony." That was a great reminder that even if they genuinely love their kids, they are first and foremost meant to be living proof of the parents' holiness.

Honestly, I think the Bateses are more likable only because we haven't seen much of them. They borrow money from their son to buy groceries but say that they don't believe in debt. They continue to pop out more children when they clearly can't feed the ones they have without help. Lawson should be saving for his own future, not supporting his siblings. Don't even get me started on their treatment of those horses!

I can't stand Erin, yes, she's pretty and plays piano well but I thats all she's got. She said on a Duggar episode that she wouldn't want to go to college because she didn't want to sit in class with someone with green hair. In a recent special she is shown laying on the couch while the rest of the family prepares for a trip. Also, while on the trip, some tornados pass while they are in a hotel. She is totally overreacting and crying and freaking out, the little kids are clearly scarred but she is being a total drama queen. Seriously, you are the second oldest daughter, calm the hell down and help with the little ones instead of demanding all the attention to yourself. I don't know how she pulled it off in a family that big but she is definitely the favorite.

Oh and if you read the blog comments, Kelly does't do a very good job of hiding how judgmental she is.

Seriously, I don't get all the Bates love!

Honestly, I think the Bateses are more likable only because we haven't seen much of them. They borrow money from their son to buy groceries but say that they don't believe in debt. They continue to pop out more children when they clearly can't feed the ones they have without help. Lawson should be saving for his own future, not supporting his siblings. Don't even get me started on their treatment of those horses!

I can't stand Erin, yes, she's pretty and plays piano well but I thats all she's got. She said on a Duggar episode that she wouldn't want to go to college because she didn't want to sit in class with someone with green hair. In a recent special she is shown laying on the couch while the rest of the family prepares for a trip. Also, while on the trip, some tornados pass while they are in a hotel. She is totally overreacting and crying and freaking out, the little kids are clearly scarred but she is being a total drama queen. Seriously, you are the second oldest daughter, calm the hell down and help with the little ones instead of demanding all the attention to yourself. I don't know how she pulled it off in a family that big but she is definitely the favorite.

Oh and if you read the blog comments, Kelly does't do a very good job of hiding how judgmental she is.

Seriously, I don't get all the Bates love!

I agree, I think Lawson should be saving for his own future. I feel sorry for him quite a bit. The Bateses shouldn't even have horses since they can't even afford their kids without help.

I think in some ways Gil and Kelly are more likable than Boob and Mullet. They aren't too smug and Kelly seems to do a better job homeschooling than Michelle does.

Please do not confuse this poster with me, though the usernames are similar; I would never joke about this. Do I think Kelly and Michellle should stop? Absolutely.

I have to admit that I envy Erin. She is absolutely beautiful, has a ton of class and is blessed with talent. At least she is more gentle with kids. I really do admire people like her, she is like a porcelain doll. It's maybe because I will never be like them.

I'm not jealous at all. Some things are more important than physical beauty. She's good at acting so she seems classy to some, but doesn't have a ton of class in my book. The way she cringed at the thought of just being next to a person with green hair screams that she's both naive and snobby. It's not really her fault because her parents have kept her so selfish, but I absolutely would not want to be in her place.

I have to admit that I envy Erin. She is absolutely beautiful, has a ton of class and is blessed with talent. At least she is more gentle with kids. I really do admire people like her, she is like a porcelain doll. It's maybe because I will never be like them.

What the fuck are you on?

Erin does not seem classy at all to me. She seems like a typical sheltered Southern girl, but without even the benefit of a junior high education. She has nice hair, I will give her that. But classy involves 'class'--not 'working class'. I guess she knows enough to raise 20 kids if she finds the right provider, but she probably would not know how to behave at a nice restaurant or a board meeting or an opera. I know I sound like a snob, but 'classy' to me means that you have the knowledge to behave appropriately and graciously in a variety of situations. Erin does not.

And their singing is atrocious, the worst I have ever heard. In life.

Please. For the love of god. PUT DOWN THE KOOL AID and back away very very slowly. It will be OK.

Erin does not seem classy at all to me. She seems like a typical sheltered Southern girl, but without even the benefit of a junior high education. She has nice hair, I will give her that. But classy involves 'class'--not 'working class'. I guess she knows enough to raise 20 kids if she finds the right provider, but she probably would not know how to behave at a nice restaurant or a board meeting or an opera. I know I sound like a snob, but 'classy' to me means that you have the knowledge to behave appropriately and graciously in a variety of situations. Erin does not.

And their singing is atrocious, the worst I have ever heard. In life.

Worse than the Maxwells?? Trust eeeend obeyyyyy??

Worse than the Maxwells?? Trust eeeend obeyyyyy??

Way worse. Like a cross between Dolly Parton and feral alley cats in heat.

Way worse. Like a cross between Dolly Parton and feral alley cats in heat.

Don't insult dolly parton or cats like that. What did they ever do to you?

Now don't you go snarking on Miss Dolly. :hand: She is a good Hillbilly girl that made good. :naughty: She has a heart of gold and has given back to many. She is a good girl I tell you. :snooty: I may not like country music but I do like me some Miss Dolly. That lady can dress trashy and make it look just fine. She earned it. :D

I do wonder if there is unspoken baby birthing competition between Kelly and Michelle. Part of me thinks they just pop baby after baby because that's what good Gothardite women do but I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle gets the green eyed monster of jealousy from time to time.

I think that if the Bates ever did get picked up by TLC that Jimboob would have a patriarchal fit.

I do wonder if there is unspoken baby birthing competition between Kelly and Michelle. Part of me thinks they just pop baby after baby because that's what good Gothardite women do but I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle gets the green eyed monster of jealousy from time to time.

I'm convinced that there is a competition between the two of them. I'm also convinced that there is one between Gil and Jim Boob. I'm also convinced that the whole baby making of the later years has more to do with the competition than with God.

Don't insult dolly parton or cats like that. What did they ever do to you?

:lol:

I think that if the Bates ever did get picked up by TLC that Jimboob would have a patriarchal fit.

Yup Boob would throw a fit. He would hate the Bateses getting the spotlight with fundie circles.

:lol:

Why does it always seem like these Gothard-loving fundie families all seem to think that they can sing and play instruments well? If God wanted every big fundie family to sing, they'd all be able to sing in harmony and their playing instruments wouldn't sound like fingernails on chalkboard.

Some of the fundie families will say that they are ministering through music. I remember the Duggars saying that once on the show before they performed in NYC.

I think the Bates kids are better musicians than the Duggar kids. The Bateses seemed to be better skilled in playing their instruments. They don't sound extremely good, but they sound better than the Duggars. The Duggar kids sound too off key and their singing is awful.

Sadly there's no history of that so it's very unlikely.

No need for a "history" of twins--older moms are statistically more likely to conceive (non-identical) twins than younger moms are.

Why does it always seem like these Gothard-loving fundie families all seem to think that they can sing and play instruments well? If God wanted every big fundie family to sing, they'd all be able to sing in harmony and their playing instruments wouldn't sound like fingernails on chalkboard.

Faux-refinement and 'intellectual' ability. it's much easier to force all your kids to play piano and violin then be able to speak coherently on any subject.

Archived