IGNORED

Josiah whines about us

formergothardite

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His newest post:

Does militant Christianity scare you? It shouldn't, if you are Christ's.

It scares me because militant Christians aren't anything like Christ. If they were, the poor would be fed, the sick would be tended too, the widows and orphans would be nicely cared for, and nobody would get stones thrown at them.

Some things seem too strange or cruel to make sense. Not in the Bible, nor in the real world, but that never has stopped them from their being true. Facts are facts.

What happened to: "‘Facts’ are neutral. However, there are no such things as ‘brute facts’; all facts are interpreted"

We have been given a weapon that will crush the hearts of the cruelest tyrants. God has given his people grace. He has given His son the kingdom which is the earth and heaven, and He rules it.

Josiah, me thinks you are trying too hard to cover up the fact that you came here and showed anything BUT grace. You showed only a heart filled with hatred and devoid of the love of Christ. And then you went back to your blog and lied saying that the reason we didn't want to listen to you talk about hell. If that had been the case we would have been discussing Universal Reconciliation and things like that. Be a man, Josiah, own up on your blog that you want to stone gay people and would refuse to fight agaisnt slavery. Those are what you came here and talked about, not hell or God's love. You are nothing but a cowardly, hateful liar. And it has to make you so angry that people here know more about the Bible and are more Christ like than you.

O HAI! I get Josiah.

In his liking for the "strange and cruel" parts of the Bible and his espousal of "militant" Christianity, he's essentially the same as a juvenile anarchist. Only the terms changed, the feeling didn't. He is like the kids who dream up lists of who they are going to shoot come the revolution ("the cheerleader who was mean to me, FUCKING BITCH). Adults grow out of this mindset. Because when you are a kid everything is drama!!! and important!!! and when you are older that translates to "unfortunate" and "necessary" or just plain "daft, what was I thinking?" ;)

I also dislike the term "militant" as used by petulant Christian cyberbabies. Militants put in a lot of hard, practical work for their cause. They don't spend all their time whinging on the internet that some people who aren't in agreement with them disagreed with them. They do stuff.

The scary thing JFC, is that I don't think Josiah will grow out of this, I think he will get more dangerous as he gets older. He is willing to kill an entire group of people in a violent, painful, gruesome way at 19. And I am so glad he can't figure out who I am in real life, because I have no doubt he would try and get revenge for making him look silly on the internet.

Whining about the fact that we at FJ were anonymous so he couldn't break down our arguments... :roll: That's the weakest excuse I've ever heard. A better approach would have been to have moaned that our questions were nonsensical and all we did was attack him personally.

At the same time, wanting to know our personal identities while posting the crap he does (especially about the militant stuff today), he's got a screw loose. Fundamentalism is very, very bad for people like this guy.

The scary thing JFC, is that I don't think Josiah will grow out of this, I think he will get more dangerous as he gets older. He is willing to kill an entire group of people in a violent, painful, gruesome way at 19. And I am so glad he can't figure out who I am in real life, because I have no doubt he would try and get revenge for making him look silly on the internet.

You can't help but wonder how much of this was learned at his patriarchs knee.

You can't help but wonder how much of this was learned at his patriarchs knee.

Oh, I'm sure he has been trained to be like this from the time he was small. And he works with his dad, so it isn't like he even is going to get to be exposed to different people/ideas at work. So I think he will stay this way and just get colder, more hateful, and more dangerous.

This is the guy that wanted to Skype with you, right? I'm glad you didn't.

I don't know if Skype give out your name and location, but I don't even want this guy to know what I look like. I think the reason he is allowing comments over there while refusing to come here is because he likes to have control. Here, he didn't have that, but there he can. Can he see the IP address of people who comment on his blog?

Guest Anonymous
I don't know if Skype give out your name and location, but I don't even want this guy to know what I look like. I think the reason he is allowing comments over there while refusing to come here is because he likes to have control. Here, he didn't have that, but there he can. Can he see the IP address of people who comment on his blog?

Yes, he can. Always assume that people will look at your IP if you comment on their blogs.

I know what's wrong with a young man who harps about stoning, militancy, etc. He doesn't get to play enough first-person shooter games.

• 6 months later...

Hey all, I'm not here for a discussion, and I didn't read the entire thread, only a few posts.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am sorry I came off as angry, you guys were frustrating me, and you know it.....

Anyway, thanks to you, I have a firmer grasp now on what true fundamentalism is good for, and what it abuses. I really have taken to heart a lot of your comments, and to be honest, I am not so sure about the homosexual thing anymore, although I clearly still believe homosexuality to be a sin, and against God's pattern set for us.

If I have offended any of you, I humbly ask your forgiveness, and wanted to set the record straight. I even put a paragraph on my blog explaining that I don't pretend to know it all. You guys sure serve up a hearty piece of humble pie, I admit that.

I expect this blog to be a reflection of my life. I am young. I have much to learn. My opinions will change. My words on this blog will remain, written down, not as eternal opinion, but as a growing opinion. I am often wrong, I am often corrected, but it is my duty, even my honor, to say what I think is most correct at the time I 'put pen to paper.' Please understand that this is an organic thing. Like my thoughts. In fact, they are my thoughts.

Growing and changing. Please be careful with them.

Sincerely,

Josiah Woltersdorf.

Did you revisit your position on stoning?

edited to add: Somehow I missed this

Hey all, I'm not here for a discussion

Well alrighty Jr. Patriarch in training, we got that message loud and clear. :lol:

Did you revisit your position on stoning?

Not formally, but I'm working through it...

And the full name thing had nothing to do with being creepy. It was kind of an idea I liked from Tim Bayly (I know how much you love them) who was operating off of the principle that I am standing behind my good name (well..... you know) and want you to man up and do the same. When I say something, I try and mean it, and so putting my name on it means I own it. That's all.

Popcorn anyone?

I doubt he'll be back he's pulling a hose beast maneuver. I'm certainly not going to delay my walk to the liquor store waiting for his response. His FB page is the same old stuff, repeal the PPACA . Most of the stuff he posts defies logic and critical thinking. But the good news now is he's shaving with a straight razor :roll:

I just wanted to let you all know that I am sorry I came off as angry, you guys were frustrating me, and you know it.....

1) You didn't "come off as angry". You were angry. Grow a pair and own up to it.

2) We weren't frustrating you- you were letting yourself get frustrated. We are not responsible for your inability to control your own emotions.

3) Women-folk are not mind readers. We do not automatically know what you're feeling. And even in the cases where we do know, it's not our responsibility to change what we're doing to make you feel better.

I doubt he'll be back he's pulling a hose beast maneuver. I'm certainly not going to delay my walk to the liquor store waiting for his response. His FB page is the same old stuff, repeal the PPACA . Most of the stuff he posts defies logic and critical thinking. But the good news now is he's shaving with a straight razor :roll:

Never underestimate the strength of a fundy's ability to not shut up! :lol:

My best guess is that he came back in an attempt to up his blog traffic.

Hey, did he delete the BAAAAAWWWWWW post on his blog where he bitched about FJ? I can't find it on his page anywhere.

Archived