IGNORED

Josiah whines about us

formergothardite

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't give my real name publicly on the internet because I am a young female who lives alone and there are crazies on the internet. I don't trust people I don't know. I don't want to be googable (made up word, I know), because I don't want random people to know my address. It's for safety not because I want to hide.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the post has "1 Scripturae [sic]" from our very own Sola. Woohoo!

Do not whine, about them, please. They thrive on it. Take it like a man, what is not true cannot really hurt you. I counsel you in the words of my personal motto: Fear God. & Fear Nought.

I don't know, how to use punctuation. & I am prone to using an excessively large number of words when a smaller number of words would convey, that which I wish to say with equal effectiveness.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't give my real name publicly on the internet because I am a young female who lives alone and there are crazies on the internet. I don't trust people I don't know. I don't want to be googable (made up word, I know), because I don't want random people to know my address. It's for safety not because I want to hide.

I try to stay as anonymous as possible for safety reasons. Only takes a little while in the public eye to realize how many crazy people there are out there. Even so, I realize our complete privacy is pretty much gone these days, what with Google, public records, search engines, etc.

To combat the anonymous stigma, I try to be fairly consistent with my usernames.

I just checked out his FB page. His profile picture, could he think more of himself? It is the manly, gaze off into the distance while looking superior than everyone else pose.

My comment on his blog:

You came onto *our* forum and *you* trolled it (in that you threw stones and failed to provide anything but vague non-answers to legitimate questions).

It's not our fault that you're a coward who should study the Bible a lot more before offering any opinion on its content.

Agreed, he wants real names to "punish" people in real life for what they think. Seig Heil. Jackoff. he's going to find out what "punish" means someday, the way he's throw his real name all over the place

Yay for Anon!

LOL. I do use my real name on the website I run. It's a controversial site, and so it has affected my employment in that HR people who do Google searches find my site listed even above my FB profile.

I piss people off whether I use my own name or not - and I would own, with my real name, anything I've posted as 'Burris.' At the same time, however, it's not hard to find me out if you're all that curious, and I like my handle perhaps better than I do my own name.

If what's-his-face is naive enough to believe people will be more honest and less mean when using their real names, then he obviously hasn't heard about James Ference.

Poor Josiah being persecuted by us reprobates. We use logic, reason, AND the Bible to back up our side of the debate. What's a young fundie to do against such evil? If he just had our real names and home address he would be able to stand up to us, but without those he is just a little lost lamb.

Yes that Josiah. Ends up he just posted that to get us to talk about him. I'll find the thread where he came here, wanted to stone gay people, supported slavery and flounced.

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6221

Thank you so much! :)

Haha I love that he got the "Most Likely To Kill Someone And Say God Told Him To Do It" award.

I write to you today, dear reader, to warn you of what I shall only refer to as trolls. If you do not know what I mean, I am glad for you, may you never find out. To the rest of you who have had bad experiences with these people, I wish to give you a few words of comfort, and instruction. No doubt they will read this and squabble amongst themselves, whether to roast me, or boil me slowly in a pot, but I say, let them squabble and may the dawn take them, and turn them all to stone!† That is what happens to trolls. In warning to them, that is what will happen to them who are unconverted on the great day of judgement.

He spelled judgment wrong. Thats one of my pet peeves! For someone who makes such good use of his thesaurus he should try a dictionary.

My comment on his blog:

He replied:

Excuse me, but you found my blog and invited me to it. I am no troll.

Typical of him, he didn't address that you didn't call him a troll for coming here, you called him a troll for giving vague non-answers to legitimate questions. If he would have come here and given real answers, nobody would think he was a troll. And I don't get why he thinks we are trolls.

How did we troll him? That doesn't make any sense. Didn't he come here, say he supports torturing gay people until they die, and then run away? How is that us trolling him?

We read his blog and made fun of his stupid beliefs that aren't based in either the Bible or reality.

Actually the only reason I ever noticed his blog is because I glanced at Miss Raquel's irl friends list and the title of his blog post was "Go ahead make my day.". That was when some other blog The Former Conservative made fun of him and he wanted people to go see what a wonderful job he was doing defending himself. On his FB page he even said "Now let's see who is right and who is dead." when linking to that post. Ends up he did as poorly there as he did here. But, anyway, the whole point of my rambling was to say that he tried to bring attention to himself. And this is what happens when you do that.

Way back in the thread on which Josiah participated, someone commented on his avatar, and he said something along the lines of our having given it to him. It puzzled me at the time, but I didn't think more of it.

But then I saw this:

https://formerconservative.wordpress.co ... revisited/

Maybe, in high-persecution mode, he assumed that the blogger who suggested that pic and all of FJ are in cahoots/a single entity/a hive.

I have no idea if that blogger also participates here. But maybe he thought that being discussed in a disapproving way, anywhere online, is being "trolled," and somehow it is "trollier" (a new adjective!) if more than one person does it. :confusion-shrug:

Josiah, if you are still reading here, please read and absorb this:

None of what the blogger did, or what we said here, is "trolling."

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has trolled you, Josiah. A person needs to go to a discussion site and make trouble (generally not due to a real difference of opinion, but just for the sake of messing with people), to be trolling.

And please know that FJ is not a single-minded entity, nor is it connected with any particular blog.

Yeah, I think he might think we are connected to that blog. I think the first time I brought him up here was when he was commenting back and forth on his blog with people from there and he went on about how slavery "might" be bad. So he probably thought we were all one group. I have no idea who that blogger is or if they lurk here. But even if we were, it still wouldn't make it trolling. If you don't want people to disagree with you, don't have a public blog.

He has added:

p. s. I gave you a lot of legitimate answers. I do not know what you are talking about.

Josiah, since you are obviously still reading here, no you didn't. You never answered if Jesus would stand next to you and help you stone a gay person. Back it up with things Jesus said and did. Or how you can love someone like you love yourself, Jesus' second commandment, while denying them freedom and enslaving them. You gave vague answers that weren't real answers.

Do not whine, about them, please. They thrive on it. Take it like a man, what is not true cannot really hurt you.

Too bad he didn't take his own advice. Geesh. . .

Archived