IGNORED

FAMY Instagram and Twitter Talk

Deleted07

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

548ccfd068cd11e29caa22000a1f96f6_6.jpg

[ @ ] amyduggar I cannot wait to be out of my comfort zone .. in a foreign land serving others and loving on orphan children. 2h

[ @ ] kathobi Where are you off to this time Amy? 1h

[ @ ] amyduggar Haiti!!!! 1h

[ @ ] courtneynicole1221 Haiti is amaing(: I just got back yesterday! 1h

[ @ ] mollykat_00 Wow have fun amy 1h

[ @ ] paniemilia Good for you! It'll be a life changing experience:-) 60min

[ @ ] tanya2shoes My brother and sister in law were there a few months ago on a mission trip. They said it forever changed their life. My brother missed his diet coke though. Lol 31min

[ @ ] julieanne1991 Of you get a chance check out Haitis Jewels its a local business there that employees local villagers. Beautiful jewelry! Wonderful people! 14min

I cant quite put my finger on it, but I'm offended for some reason. I dont know if its that she's using the suffering of others to make herself look/feel better, the pure exploitation, or her excitement about it. I dont know why... but it just rubs me wrong.

548ccfd068cd11e29caa22000a1f96f6_6.jpg

I cant quite put my finger on it, but I'm offended for some reason. I dont know if its that she's using the suffering of others to make herself look/feel better, the pure exploitation, or her excitement about it. I dont know why... but it just rubs me wrong.

Because poverty tourism is disgusting. It's not like Amy brings any skill set or knowledge to help these people. What is she going to do? A trip like this should not be about her, it should be about how does she help to improve the situation. Who gives a shit what her comfort zone is, orphaned children are not caged animals in a zoo to be ooohhhed and aaahhhhed over. They need 10 billion things that Amy Duggar cannot provide. This is just so smug and disgusting. If you want to start serving others and being a good steward, begin at home. Start going to food banks, homeless shelters, literacy centers, organize a coat drive, blood drive, anything, but leave the damn film crew behind and don't tweet about it or post it on FB. Charity and service are intimate, personal experiences. This is just so exploitative and self-serving. I wish someone would smack her upside the head.

Because poverty tourism is disgusting. It's not like Amy brings any skill set or knowledge to help these people. What is she going to do? A trip like this should not be about her, it should be about how does she help to improve the situation. Who gives a shit what her comfort zone is, orphaned children are not caged animals in a zoo to be ooohhhed and aaahhhhed over. They need 10 billion things that Amy Duggar cannot provide. This is just so smug and disgusting. If you want to start serving others and being a good steward, begin at home. Start going to food banks, homeless shelters, literacy centers, organize a coat drive, blood drive, anything, but leave the damn film crew behind and don't tweet about it or post it on FB. Charity and service are intimate, personal experiences. This is just so exploitative and self-serving. I wish someone would smack her upside the head.

Yeah, that about sums it up! What is she going to do? Teach them yoga and songs about Jesus? She cant even make a fucking box cake, she cant build a house... so... how about you stay stateside and have a few concerts filled with leghumpers and donate the money to people who know which end of the hammer to use?

Yeah, that about sums it up! What is she going to do? Teach them yoga and songs about Jesus? She cant even make a fucking box cake, she cant build a house... so... how about you stay stateside and have a few concerts filled with leghumpers and donate the money to people who know which end of the hammer to use?

I just saw an interview with Jonathan Katz on MSNBC a week or so ago. He just wrote a book, The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Truck-That-We ... =aid+haiti

Do we even know if she or any of the other Duggar children have been immunized? I've read conflicting reports on this. The last thing any of those kids need is for her to bring her germy self over to make them sick or have her pick up some bug there and bring it back to the States. They've had a horrible cholera outbreak that we're responsible for and our food aid only undermines their farmers and often doesn't get to the people who need it... And these are people who work for the UN and NGOs. I don't know what precious Amy Duggar thinks she's going to do, but she might as well be trafficking children for all the good she'll do.

She hasnt posted what organization she's going with. I highly doubt its a reputable one. I just hope she isnt going on a mission trip like the duggars are so fond of. Thats seriously no help!

I just saw an interview with Jonathan Katz on MSNBC a week or so ago. He just wrote a book, The Big Truck That Went By: How the World Came to Save Haiti and Left Behind a Disaster.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Truck-That-We ... =aid+haiti

Do we even know if she or any of the other Duggar children have been immunized? I've read conflicting reports on this. The last thing any of those kids need is for her to bring her germy self over to make them sick or have her pick up some bug there and bring it back to the States. They've had a horrible cholera outbreak that we're responsible for and our food aid only undermines their farmers and often doesn't get to the people who need it... And these are people who work for the UN and NGOs. I don't know what precious Amy Duggar thinks she's going to do, but she might as well be trafficking children for all the good she'll do.

I think Amy's parents were more responsible and got her immunized. Her parents are more fundy light and more open to modern medicine.

Are the Duggar children immunized?

They did a video where Josie got immunized. But, we also know that the other children never got the chicken pox vaccine so I doubt that they have all the recommended ones.

They did a video where Josie got immunized. But, we also know that the other children never got the chicken pox vaccine so I doubt that they have all the recommended ones.

If they're immunized I'd bet my life it's on some messed up alternative schedule. I'd be willing to bet that Josie hasn't had all of her immunizations either.

I do remember Michelle saying on the show that their children got their immunizations. I really don't get the anti-vaccine vibe from her.

And I'm not sure about Josie - wouldn't it be best for a child with health issues to have her shots? If she actually caught diptheria or pertrussis it could kill her. I suspect they do whatever the pediatrician recommends.

She's going to ENCOURAGE them y'all. Amy will just be such a great ENCOURAGEMENT to the Haitians, that's all they need, really. She'll cover them in prayer and they'll just be so ENCOURAGED by her visit.

:roll:

I do remember Michelle saying on the show that their children got their immunizations. I really don't get the anti-vaccine vibe from her.

And I'm not sure about Josie - wouldn't it be best for a child with health issues to have her shots? If she actually caught diptheria or pertrussis it could kill her. I suspect they do whatever the pediatrician recommends.

Premies generally get their immunizations on the same schedule as term babies, but according to their adjusted or corrected age; i.e., that is the age they would be if born at term

She's going to ENCOURAGE them y'all. Amy will just be such a great ENCOURAGEMENT to the Haitians, that's all they need, really. She'll cover them in prayer and they'll just be so ENCOURAGED by her visit.

:roll:

You know, I wonder how much of an exaggeration that really is. Obviously, poor people in developing countries need to find God before their problems can be fixed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Amy thinks that if you just ENCOURAGE them enough they'll pull themselves up by their bootstraps. I remember one of the mission episodes where Jim Bob basically told the camera he hoped these people could be taught to take care of themselves. :angry-fire:

From twatter

Amy Duggar â€@amyduggar

Single?! Ha noI'm dating the world! Sometimes you can get so self absorbed. All week my prayer is for God to use me in Haiti!!! #justuseme

She's dating the world? Damn girl, keep a few pieces of your heart!

Reed is done - fo sure

ce22096c6b0411e2963d22000a1f9cad_6.jpg

[ @ ] amyduggar Ready ... Set.... leg weights! so so ready to rock a mini this spring ;) 2h

[ @ ] rotan @amyduggar go for it! 2h

[ @ ] lindseyricha So much for cleaning your room... 2h

[ @ ] amyduggar @rotan yeahhh!!! @lindseyricha I'm gettin to that ;) 2h

[ @ ] beccaroo00 You go girl! 2h

Wait, I thought she was going to save the starving orphans? She needs to look hot while helping? #priorities

I really, really hope she pronounces it "Haiti-ans," a la Alicia Silverstone in Clueless. :lol:

Hahaha!!!!! Any time I saw "Haitians" in relation to Amy, I was figuring that's how she would pronounce it.

Obviously, poor people in developing countries need to find God before their problems can be fixed,

Seriously? Can you please explain or elaborate?

From twatter

She's dating the world? Damn girl, keep a few pieces of your heart!

Reed is done - fo sure

Amy has created horcruxes? That explains so much.

Archived