IGNORED

Guess who got a new pack and play for Christmas?

Witsec7

management consulting, her hubby is looking at 100 to 150k base plus another 50 to 100 k bonus (maybe more). total package 250k. not as much as it sounds since you get 50% bonus going straight to taxes, plus you hit pretty much every tax possible with the salary. STILL more than enough to have a nice room with a bed for your baby.

we were travelling for chirstmas week and my 2 year old son had to sleep in a pack and play for 3 nights after we specifically called ahead and asked for the full crib. i felt like a terrible mom, since it really doesn't look comfy. can't imagine unless i was really really really broke and desparate my son ever sleeping in one of those full time. honestly, i'd give up my own bed first (and i bet so would 90% of all moms).

she is the mother from hell that one and i hope she chokes on those shoes (which i'm sure are lovely) and strangles on that leather jacket, the heartless bitch.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a horrifying thought. What if she puts both bathroom babies in the same P&P.... :o

This wouldnt surprise me, she would call it sibling bonding or something.

My oldest is approximately the same age at T1 (why does she call him that when she's blogged about his name? It's not a secret.) He had a very nice Arm Reach bassinet/pack-n-play. He slept in it for all of one month. My kid LOVES his crib. He tries to climb in it when he's tired. When we travel, he will sleep in it, but it's a very tight fit and I avoid going places that require us to spend the night simply for that reason. Reading TW makes me sad because of the differences in our children. I'm a SAHM to two little boys and nothing makes me happier than hearing them talk. My oldest's new word is "sneeze" and it sends him into a fit of giggles when I say "a-choo!" back to him. My youngest is six months old, so we're just at mama and dada (although he said "bubba" a few times today. That's what his brother calls him because he can't say 'brother' yet. I prefer that because his alternative sounds like "tity" because he can't say his actual name yet. Yeah, we'll stick with bubba for a while.)

I'm not saying that T1's delays are all her fault, but when you stick your kid in a cage all day and spend 11 hours on the internet (and don't give him access to adequate toys and books) well, I would say that she may not be the sole cause, but she's definately contributing to his delays. Just sayin'.

I just had a horrifying thought. What if she puts both bathroom babies in the same P&P.... :o

She'll probably just try to stack them. She'll put T1 down in the bottom half and put the baby in the top.

graco-newborn-napper-pack-n-play-playard-brunswick.jpg

I was just about to go to That Wife's page and I accidently typed "That Bitch" it in my search bar. True story.

That makes my night. I no longer think of her as "ThatWife" it's only "ThatSelfishBitch" to me.

Omg, her facebook pics. She of course has a cozillion of herself and her childhood, and then an album for T1 with 3 pics. In one of the pictures he is sucking the insert to his father's shoes. And she took.fucking.pictures of it. Unbelievable. How can you let your baby suck on a shoe insert?????

She has a more detailed Christmas post on the blog now.

A. The way they do gift exchange is just plain weird.

B. The harness on T1's car seat is not at the proper level. The clip that latches across the chest is WAY too low. He should also not be wearing a jacket in his carseat.

From the Facebook photos:

My 5th birthday party was at McDonald's. Sorry T1, you won't be so lucky.

What does that mean? Is she being sarcastic, because she thinks it's a cheesy way to celebrate a kid's birthday and his 5th will be better than she thinks hers was? Or is she being serious, and won't even splurge for a McDonald's birthday party for him?

TW is in for a shock. The Bay Area is so expensive, and it is not just the housing. I have a sister in law who lives the life TW thinks she will have in beautiful Marin County--their modest three bedroom home is worth millions and they spend hundreds per week for local and organic but simple food for two adults. The Mommy Wars are big there, too. Most upwardly mobile people there are sending their kids to very expensive preschools and then private schools that cost more than I make every month. Taxes are crazy in California compared to other states. Not to mention that they tithe, which in the LDS church means 10% of all gross earnings go to the church regardless of the family's needs.

The thrift stores there ROCK though. Last time we visited the Bay Area, I bought my kids clothing from designers that I previously only dreamed of owning. Gucci baby shoes for $3 a pair and such. TW will definitely be the envy of her family in other states as far as clothing goes, although people in SF are savvy enough to recognize that you are wearing last year's Chanel jacket. And it *is* beautiful, possibly the most beautiful area in the US. I am already in museum envy. The Exploratorium!!! Not that T1 will ever get to play there... after all, it costs money that could be going to the LDS church and Anthropologie.

Archived