IGNORED

Guess who got a new pack and play for Christmas?

Witsec7

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband lived in Santa Cruz, which is over by San Jose. His wife was a SAHM, with his son. He made 100k a year, and they were only able to rent a two bedroom house. This was 10 years ago! He says that folks who make 200k a year don't make enough for a 3 bedroom house and a yard. They accepted a transfer to Chicago (which is expensive too!) because here, they could buy a house.

The apartment she has now is in Hyde Park - I had an ex boyfriend who lived in the same complex (its pretty big) and worked at U of C. He made 30k, but he didn't really have other expenses. (And it was over 10 years ago - my god, I'm old.) I have no idea how much was his rent, but its not like they are living on the North side, where it'd be a lot more expensive.

Enjoy all the eeeeevil LGBT people, TW.

TW(it)

Yea I hope they accidently find themselves at the Folsom St. Fair next year :lol:

My husband lived in Santa Cruz, which is over by San Jose. His wife was a SAHM, with his son. He made 100k a year, and they were only able to rent a two bedroom house. This was 10 years ago! He says that folks who make 200k a year don't make enough for a 3 bedroom house and a yard. They accepted a transfer to Chicago (which is expensive too!) because here, they could buy a house.

The apartment she has now is in Hyde Park - I had an ex boyfriend who lived in the same complex (its pretty big) and worked at U of C. He made 30k, but he didn't really have other expenses. (And it was over 10 years ago - my god, I'm old.) I have no idea how much was his rent, but its not like they are living on the North side, where it'd be a lot more expensive.

A person making 100K a year can afford to rent a 3 bedroom house in the bay area, but they might not be living in the neighborhoods where they can brag. Housing is expensive there, and if she wants a 3 bedroom she isn't going to be living in a ritzy neighborhood, but they are out there. (I lived near Santa Cruz and had a one bedroom house for about $1k a month, as I said before.) House prices in CA overall have dropped since 10 years ago, which was also when I was living there. Rental prices have slightly increased compared to the value of the properties, though.

My son is around the same age as T1 and we're moving him into a toddler bed that we got for $50. Of course we already had a matress since he slept in a crib with a good matress.

Not read the full thread yet but here goes, my nephew slept in a travel cot (pack n play) till he was about 14 months, my sister had no other choice due to where she was living, when she spoke to the midwife about it, she was told to put him in bed with her instead of the pack n play as long term it could affect his growth! Luckly she got her own house soon after and he got his own bed / room.

The woman who writes this blog makes me so mad, get your child a real bed, in his own room and stop putting him in a play pen with a hand full of toys! (not read the blog in a while so dunno if she still does this)

Meanwhile, she and TH already have tickets booked to fly to Thailand next year business class for a vacation.

After that, baby #2 is planned.

:angry-fire:

Poor Bonsai Baby. Every time I read about him sleeping in that damn PnP, my back seizes up. TW seems to have no empathy or capacity for it, whatsoever. Def. mental case.

Meanwhile, she and TH already have tickets booked to fly to Thailand next year business class for a vacation.

Hope they rent a house with more than 2 bathrooms then!!!

In her own words, she's planning on 'getting knocked up'. I wonder if their new home will have a bathroom big enough for two pack and plays?

In her own words, she's planning on 'getting knocked up'. I wonder if their new home will have a bathroom big enough for two pack and plays?

I just had a horrifying thought. What if she puts both bathroom babies in the same P&P.... :o

Kids wreck stuff, its a part of life !!!

Why else would there be a website called "shit my kids have ruined" with the tag line "no judgement, just commiseration here"

Hell, my son ruined a $400 camera, 175 year old victorian sofa (ok it just needs to be reupholstered but still), has used crayons over every flat surface in the house.... and I still let him roam free range. He's a kid! That's what kids do and if I dont' want my new DSLR ruined, i keep it high out of reach. (although at this point that's not as effective as I'd like as it seems i've given birth to a MONKEY hence why I bought an additional insurance policy on it!) ! TW disgusts me SO much its not even funny. If I ever met her in real life, I'd have to restrain the urge to slap her across the face.

Edited because what I said was a little harsh....blood sugar was low and I have placenta brain....

Bolding the truth! I remember when my son was two years old and decided he was going to get artistic on the hallway wall. After my mouth dropped in shock, I couldn't help but laugh because he was just so darned proud of his drawing. :mrgreen:

In our building (Hyde Park), a two bedroom, two bathroom (oh, I'm sure TW would love that) apartment will run you about $1500-$2000 a month, depending on which floor you live on. Paying for the view, I guess.

:doh:

As far as the original post about what she received, she just sounds like a selfish and bratty two-year old. I just know that when my parents gave us money so we could afford Christmas, my kiddo came first. Then again, I don't make him sleep in the bathroom nor do I keep his toys to a minimum.

After thinking about it- if they do move to a ritzy bay area community, if she wants to keep up with the joneses, all kinds of expensive preschools and enrichments for the kids will be expected.

He's going to have student loans to pay. When a company pays for your education, it's usually done by securing student loans in the the employees name that is paid off by the employer after the designated work/contract is fulfilled.

It is not easy to live in the Bay Area on 100k, not in a decent area.

I'd never heard of this blog until I started reading here often. Let me get this straight--the almost 2 year old sleeps in a pack n play in the bathroom despite a 2nd bedroom in their home? She doesn't let him play with toys? And now he's delayed? Is there any question of WHY he is so delayed?! Where are the mandated reporters in this child's life (like his therapists)??? Wow.

BECAUSE WE’RE MOVING TO SAN FRANCISCO!

I’ve been anxious to tell you for weeks now, but we had a few loose ends to tie up first. That Husband has accepted a position with a new company starting Fall 2012, and so we’ll be moving out to the west coast around August. We think we’ll be living somewhere between San Francisco and San Jose, though definitely not anywhere close to downtown San Francisco since I’ve named 3 bedrooms and a backyard as requirements for our next place of residence. If I could choose any city in the United States to live in, San Francisco would top my list. Great weather (not too hot, not too cold), I can eat localganic year round, beautiful light for photography, close enough to drive to see my family for the holidays.

This coming year is going to be a big one for us. TH will graduate in June, I’ll move to Provo, he will move to Washington, I will go to school for 6 weeks, I’ll graduate in August, we hope to go to Poland that same month, come back and move into our new place in San Francisco, TH and I have a trip to Thailand planned in September, and then he’ll come back and immediately start work at a firm that will have him travelling several days/week. It’s exhausting to think about, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

2012 is going to be the BEST YEAR EVER. I’m sure of it.

No mentioning of the poor child, I see. They must be made of money if they are going on a trip to Poland AND Thailand this year, meanwhile T1 gets to sleep in a pack-n-play. I don't think she's realizing how expensive life is in the Bay Area. I also hope they'll pick out a house with at least 2 bathroom, so T1 can sleep uninterrupted.

To be fair though.. .obviously there are literally millions of people in the bay area who DON'T have six figure incomes and do manage to get by. The whole world ( or even the pricier parts of the bay area ) .. isn't made up solely of the well-to-do.

It's just to live a reasonably middle class life including home ownership, vacations, hobbies, and those "modest' outfits she goes on about -- you are going to need to have a pretty large amount of cash compared to the rest of the country.

He's going to have student loans to pay. When a company pays for your education, it's usually done by securing student loans in the the employees name that is paid off by the employer after the designated work/contract is fulfilled.

It is not easy to live in the Bay Area on 100k, not in a decent area.

I wonder if the new company has offered to pay off the loans.

Hey! Something I *know* about. My extended family rented their Palo Alto home (4 bedrooms, 3 baths, backyard, etc etc) for $5k/mo - and they took less than they were originally asking (and less than the mortgage!) because they liked the tenants.

Also - there ARE plenty of people in the Bay Area who earn less than 6 figures and manage to live. However, they tend not to live in the best school districts, or have big backyards, etc etc. But I don't think that'll be TW's problem since my guess is, NewCo is going to pay him a hefty sum (I know a little bit about company sponsorship in b-school and in most cases, the deal is VERY sweet in order to break up a sponsorship situation, both because NewCo will have to pay back the loan and because it may open up TH to legal ramifications. Most companies only do it for superstars, because they know a person's openness to it shows a bit of disloyalty). I have a feeling they will end up in Palo Alto or Los Altos fairly easily. The commute to SF is about 45min-1hr and plenty of people do it daily.

Or maybe they can find a two or one-and-a-half bathroom house?

Honestly, TW is the one fundie who drives me the most bonkers. I know I shouldn't snark on peoples' physical appearance, but IMHO she is one of the least attractive bloggers out there, and she is constantly slapping her poseur photos onto her blog.

I'd never heard of this blog until I started reading here often. Let me get this straight--the almost 2 year old sleeps in a pack n play in the bathroom despite a 2nd bedroom in their home? She doesn't let him play with toys? And now he's delayed? Is there any question of WHY he is so delayed?! Where are the mandated reporters in this child's life (like his therapists)??? Wow.

Yep. Isn't it insane? It enrages a lot of us here that she treats her child like this (we had a looong thread about it before - maybe more than one). She is a stay at home mom, looks down on day care where kids get interaction and care from trained workers who care about kids, yet when she is at home with him all day, she does nothing but blog on the computer and mostly ignore him. :(

(it's kinda funny how google ads keeps putting ads for pack and plays at the top of my screen when I look at this thread!)

Ha ! I'm looking for a pack n play for my new grandkid ( NOT for in the bathroom ! ).. and have gotten some really good ads looking at this thread :-)

I don't think her fundiness even seems to have much to do with her general neglect of the kid ... I think she would be that way whatever her religious/lack of religious beliefs. The internets do seem to be impacting lots of people in a negative way when it comes to interaction with their kids ... but the having a TODDLER in the BATHROOM is just making every part of my mandated reporter brain want to do a report ... big red flag danger ! Maybe she has an extra calm , safe child ... but it just isn't reasonable to assume that your almost two year old will stay in the pack n play and not learn to climb out and start turning on faucets, playing in the toilet, cracking his chin trying to climb into the shower, scald himself , etc etc ... aghghghg

Ha ! I'm looking for a pack n play for my new grandkid ( NOT for in the bathroom ! ).. and have gotten some really good ads looking at this thread :-)

I don't think her fundiness even seems to have much to do with her general neglect of the kid ... I think she would be that way whatever her religious/lack of religious beliefs. The internets do seem to be impacting lots of people in a negative way when it comes to interaction with their kids ... but the having a TODDLER in the BATHROOM is just making every part of my mandated reporter brain want to do a report ... big red flag danger ! Maybe she has an extra calm , safe child ... but it just isn't reasonable to assume that your almost two year old will stay in the pack n play and not learn to climb out and start turning on faucets, playing in the toilet, cracking his chin trying to climb into the shower, scald himself , etc etc ... aghghghg

If I tried that with my kid he'd escape out of the pack n play for SURE. Thankfully, he has his OWN ROOM.

Archived