IGNORED

The Morie family

WonderingInWA

Never saw this blog or heard about this family before now.

It appears that the family is split because the parents are separated (as of 2008). My guess is that Dad maintains this website. Any back story on this situation?

There was a thread on the old board, but I can't find it right now. I'd reposted a lot of stuff from public records so I hope it hasn't been removed. Maybe someone else can ninja it up!

The letters from the daughter in the "girls home" are terrifying and creepy.

there was a thread on the old boards and there was soma pretty severe things brought up via PM and in posts.

I'll say here what I said back there, I don't think it's appropriate to start this thread again. They don't preach anymore and the blog isn't active and via the powers of Google you can tell the family is no longer fundie lite. I don't think this is something the kids would want to see if they every found out about this.

I am pretty good at navigating the Oklahoma court records and found no less than 30 different cases involving the family. Most are VPO's against the dad. The divorce and custody fight is still ongoing with a motion filed as recently as yesterday. One of the more interesting things I found was that Josiah's wife also filed a VPO against her FIL last year. I suppose that would be to keep him from having an 'in' to the family through her or any future grandchildren.

Also some of the records have 5 or so of the kids siding with dad. So tragic for these kids.

Edited because the iPad autocorrects stupid stuff.

If they don't want to be discussed, then they should make their blog private or take it down. I don't have a dog in this fight and barely remember this family, but because of the live blog and oodles of public records, I see no problem with discussing them here. No need to read or respond if people don't want to.

If they don't want to be discussed, then they should make their blog private or take it down. I don't have a dog in this fight and barely remember this family, but because of the live blog and oodles of public records, I see no problem with discussing them here. No need to read or respond if people don't want to.

This exactly.

Seems to be yet another example of a QF patriarchal family imploding in a big, dreadful & ugly way.

Maybe we should create a sticky list of these examples so that people investigating this lifestyle understand that there are no guarantees.

Wondering in WA, do you have some sort of link to the family? Or are they just a favorite curiosity? You started the last thread on them on the old board, too.

I haven't read the comments here or the blog, but I just clicked on the link, and HOLY COW. Whose drapes did they sacrifice to make those hideous jackets? I'm no fashion expert, but DAMN!

AMEN! If you put it out there for the whole world to gawk at, people are going to talk.

Slightly OT, but LeftyMom on the old thread mentioned doing supervised visits professionally. Did she make it over here? I'd like to find out how she got into that.

Poor Cherish. Sounds like she got caught in the middle of a lot of nastiness between her parents.

Her mom has a public fb wall (is it okay to say that? I'm not going to link it.)

I feel so bad for those poor kids. I can't help but wonder what happened.

Given that the OP apparently had her questions answered via: "I actually got a really nice private email from Esther explaining what happened in their family. I hope it is legitimate, but also very sad if it is. Esther, I hope your family has healed from the abuse you have suffered."

Why are you bringing up things that have apparently been answered, at least to you?

Apparently, they noticed there were hits. There's a new picture on the website, and all the old tabs are gone. But, if you go to the original link at the top of this forum page, you can get all the old stuff. Maybe not for long, though.

Edited after I looked around a bit more.

Yeah, I have no idea what happened there, but it's pretty clear that Dad is in control.

Also, I had no idea there were so many Russian/Slavic churches! And there is one in my town, but I didn't see it in their travels. I don't know anyone who goes there, that I know of, anyway.

Will be interesting to see how the site changes in the next few days now that it's active again.

Archived