IGNORED

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Photography

Iamthatbean

My baby looked a bit rough after she was born (still) so my preferred photos are the ones of feet and hands that look less rough.

Grief is a beast. I can't tell you how it works that it is a good, healthy reminder, it just is.

I think a lot of it is validation that they were real. As mothers, we know they're real because we carried them, but to the rest of the world they're more abstract until birth. It puts a face with the grief.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depending on when she actually passed, Jubilee might have had some skin damage and bruising/darkening of the skin.

This. Not to be gross, but she was dead for 2 weeks before the miscarriage, so there would have been some decomposition.

NILMDTS is a pretty fabulous organization. I encountered them several times in my clinical rotations. The local one would even do NICU babies who were under a certain age. Several of my friends who had miscarriages have pictures either from the hospital or professionally done. It's not something they frame; it's something to keep and look at when you want to remember your baby. I really like the professional ones because they are so nice looking, and I think it's only fair that the parents have a good memory.

Archived