IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

I didn't see this posted, but apparently Michele has altered the recorded message to Jubilee to say that they have "21 children, 2 in Heaven". now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning: Spoiler for the show The Big C

I am watching an episode of The Big C (Season 2, Episode 9) and one of the main characters has a miscarriage at 18 weeks. She goes shopping for a casket (picks out one for an adult as the one for infants is too underwhelming for her) and plans for a big funeral (with a photo booth, sushi bar, eulogies, etc). They even have a generated image at the funeral of what the baby would have looked like! The baby's father puts an obit in the paper and confusion ensues when everyone thinks the adult namesake actually died (adult namesake is main central character and has cancer).

It reminds me too much of current Duggar events, minus the fundie part, People magazine, and pictures of the actual fetus at the funeral.

No, that is not at all what you've been saying. You’ve been saying that you think your mediation plan could and should be implemented.

Personally, I don't like abortion but I don't dislike it either. It serves a necessary purpose so I’m grateful it’s an option.

Also, saying a woman's rights are paramount assumes that anyone else's rights are involved and, in this case, they are not. The woman's rights are the ONLY issue here. A man shouldn't have a say in what she does with the DNA he deposited in her any more than he should have a say in what the trash collecting company does with his used condoms or tissues. Once he puts it in her body, and until it comes out again, it's under her control only.

Absofuckinglutely this!

I thought about this some more, and what I think it comes down to is that Mrs S has this Palinesque idea that people expressing their opinions are somehow restricting other people's freedom of speech. It's very twisted and Orwellian. If a man gets a woman pregnant, and he is involved enough in her life to know that he got her pregnant, there's obviously nothing that's keeping him from expressing his opinion about what she should do. The world would be very different if a bunch of sarcastic feminists on the internet could get men to shut up about abortion.

I'd also like to point out that I would never try to shame some frightened teenage boy about getting some girl pregnant because the condom broke or because they just got carried away. I'm not going to tell him he's a sinning fornicator and a genocidal murderer if his girlfriend gets an abortion. But I'm the mean one. :roll:

Edited for riffles

With all due respect I disagree. Last time I was prego I almost died and it only lasted a few months. My HB is trying to convince me not to have any children and let's live for each other coz it's perfect for him and I am his everything (but selfish). But as long as it's my fragile body, my health, my pain, my suffering, my swelling up, my hormonal imbalances - well, I love and respect guys with all my heart but please, stfu as long as the worst thing they had in their stomach and passedpainfully was a quarter pounder menu. Let me decide how much suffering and WHEN shall I endure thank you very much.

I kind of think she is never going to come back and clearly state if men should be able to force women into mediation against their will or not.

Has the Duggars' grief for their lost child been too public?

Yes, this should be kept private.

72%

No, how they mourn is their choice.

28%

12,072 votes (as of this post)

Wonder what's up next for Duggar damage control?

Wonder what's up next for Duggar damage control?

'God told us to end the the show, about 10 seconds after TLC canceled us!'

Although I have to admit...it sucks when your grief is subject to a yahoo poll. I realize they brought it on themselves...but yahoo could have taken the high road.

They're going to do everything they can to stay in the spotlight after being canceled. I definitely see a book tour in the coming up year. Who knows what else they'll attempt.

I think and hope that the Duggars' show is heading towards the garbage. I really don't see how any kind of damage control will save them now. I noticed on a few episodes how they have tired to answer criticisms indirectly and give off "screw you internet" comments. Sorry Duggars, I think that a chours of "So Long Farewell" is in your near future. :violin:

I am starting to see Facebook posts from people who never questioned the Duggars before regarding this. Their whole Pro-Life carnival is going to backfire on them.

Yeah, I think that they are getting backlash they never thought would come because many one-time fans are now seeing the family with new eyes. I really want them to disappear alltogether with absolutely no more books, speaking engagements, morning show appearances, or anything. Sadly, I probably will not be getting my wish.

Yeah, I think that they are getting backlash they never thought would come because many one-time fans are now seeing the family with new eyes. I really want them to disappear alltogether with absolutely no more books, speaking engagements, morning show appearances, or anything. Sadly, I probably will not be getting my wish.

I agree some fans are starting to see the Duggars as fame whores. I think even if the show gets canned. The Duggars will try to maintain their popularity in fundie circles through speaking engagements and books.

I don't know if the Duggars will be as popular in fundy cirlcles as they think that they will be. The backlash against the Duggars is HUGE and (I think) bigger than princess Mullet and Boob can comprehend. But only time will tell. I think with the cameras gone and interest waining, the Duggar children will finally be able to leave TTH and not be forced to "be sweet". They won't have to act like all is perfect in Duggardom.

If they focus on the fundie market, I can see the Duggars going back to their countenance-enhancing collars, matching clothes made of Walmart bargain bin fabric, and scary discipline. They can't come off as too worldly if they want to succeed there.

It's not that they're going public about it. It's that they're using their dead child as a political statement (and source of income).

I agree some fans are starting to see the Duggars as fame whores. I think even if the show gets canned. The Duggars will try to maintain their popularity in fundie circles through speaking engagements and books.

I think so too.

I wonder what the fundy circle thinks of the D family now. I think that even trying to sell themselves in the conservative Christian world would be more difficult now that they've exposed themselves so much. I also wonder what things would have been like if they had never been given a show or picked up by TLC.

I wonder what the fundy circle thinks of the D family now. I think that even trying to sell themselves in the conservative Christian world would be more difficult now that they've exposed themselves so much. I also wonder what things would have been like if they had never been given a show or picked up by TLC.

There has been gossip in some fundie circles about the Duggars being disliked because of the show and some of the things they do. I remember reading somewhere online that the Duggars' involvement with Focus on the Family and a couple of lesser conservative organizations pissed off some hard core fundies. I think some fundies now are still supporting the Duggars, while others see them as attention seekers.

I think if the Duggars never got a show offer, they would be struggling financially now and they wouldn't have had the means for various trips, expensive electronics a few other things.

Hi, I'm new here. I had originally found the site after Jezebel posted about the funeral pictures. After lurking here a little and watching some of the recent 19 Kids and Counting episodes OnDemand (I felt physically ill watching Jason in the orchestra pit and J'chelle's reaction), I don't think this show can be canceled fast enough. I already feel like I want to cancel my subscription to People with all the press releases in the past week.

I think if the Duggars never got a show offer, they would be struggling financially now and they wouldn't have had the means for various trips, expensive electronics a few other things.

Absolutely. It actually took for the show to get involved for them to even FINISH the big house they are in, and you can see from those first early episodes how things have changed, even just in the girls dress and hair standards.

I agree some fans are starting to see the Duggars as fame whores.

Not the ones posting comments under the article connected to that Yahoo poll!

Archived