IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

Someone posted this on the FB page:

Doris Mair Michelle...I saw a similar story on 100 Huntley Street where the doctor kept telling the woman that her baby had died inside...there was no heartbeat, but they refused to believe this...so they had many lay hands on her and were in continuous prayer...and praise be to God...when she went back for her next doctor's visit...she insisted on another ultrasound and the doctor couldn't believe it....there was a HEARTBEAT!!!....God brought that baby back to life inside of her and today she's a healthy little girl, if they had listened to the doctor....that baby would not have been born.! Stay in prayer Michelle...God can do miracles!!

11 minutes ago · Like · 4

Ugh, just stop. Now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sympathies do go out to them, even though they had to know they were playing with fire. I wouldn't wish their situation on anybody. But serious question to ask... EVERY TIME I visit Yahoo, AOL, or any other content aggregator site, the Duggar story prominently featured, top and center; the Yahoo article has just been updated, it seems. Are their cookies on my computer that indicate, based on previous browsing history, that this is something I am uniquely interested in? Or are they really pimping themselves out THAT much? Because I assumed it was the former (yay, cookies!), but I'm kind of inclined to think I am giving them too much credit...

When I was pregnant with my first child I wanted to have everything ready in advance, including a baby shower, even if it meant bucking our Jewish tradition.

My baby shower was scheduled, I was registered for stuff, everything was fine.

I wound up having my son at 36 weeks gestation, prior to my baby shower, with nothing done in the house. Mr. gilora spent my time in the hospital trying to put together the bouncy chair, swing, etc. and washing clothes. The best laid plans ...

Motivbar. It was Austria at the time. I can't remember the name of the teeny village they were from though.

My maternal grandparents were from Slovakia. My paternal grandmother was from a village called Boshany in Bohemia, My paternal grandfather was from a small village near Tokay in Hungary.

While not surprising given all the strikes against Michelle, I am sorry to hear this.

In particular, I hope the kids are okay. JB&M, for all they talk the Jesus-talk, are certainly more streetwise than their offspring. While I'm not going to speculate on their emotional state, I'm fairly sure they don't really believe that God is punishing them for whatever crazy "sin in the camp" excuse is the flavor of the week.

I just hope that the kids--as sheltered as they are and raised in the "God bubble" that they have been--are getting the same message: that these things happen sometimes, that it's no one's fault, and however they felt/didn't feel about this pregnancy had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the situation.

Um, resting at home =/= giving interviews to People magazine.

Caleb? They named the other baby Caleb??

Not Jaleb?

That was the name of the first embryo they lost. Michelle went on to say they didn't know its gender, so it obviously happened much earlier in her pregnancy than this one.

I might be going to hell for this, but I loved Fark.com's headline for this story:

"Clown Car drops transmission and miscarries on lap 20"

That LA Times article also quoted a RadarOnline interview in which Michelle said she knew her "mommy years" might be over soon. I remember telling my parents about that, and they were shocked. Once you have a child, your "mommy years" are never over!

Is she really so out of it that she doesn't realize that the "mommy years" only just start when you birth your first. My youngest is 20 and my mommy years aren't over yet, much to his chagrin.

I might be going to hell for this, but I loved Fark.com's headline for this story:

"Clown Car drops transmission and miscarries on lap 20"

OMG :laughing-rolling:

That makes me feel a little less guilty for laughing at ghetto deer. . . yes, I'm a terrible person.

edited to add: for the humorless among us, I am NOT laughing at the miscarriage, just the headline.

What if one of their own SAHDs is pregnant? They are bringing up adoption so when another little baby is mysteriously one set at their house, they can be "Oh, we adopted, oh, lookit us!". If one of the older girls is mysteriously away on a mission trip in a couple of months, we'll know why....

This happened in my family. When my cousin 'showed up' at my grandparents house, it was oh my, a little foster child! a little adoptee! Oh no, certainly not, she isn't SAHD's, she doesn't even look like us; she's BROWN after all!

Except that she did look like us, and when my cousin was 25 or so it came out that SAHD had a fling with a heathen.

Cousin is obviously pretty pissed, which works for me, because now I have company in the Black Sheep pen.

Someone posted this on the FB page:

Ugh, just stop. Now.

I'll admit, when I first heard this my though was "they are lying about the miscarriage so they can claim later they faith and God gave the baby new life and we'll get to hear a whole new round of 'Praise Jebus!' "

I'll admit, when I first heard this my though was "they are lying about the miscarriage so they can claim later they faith and God gave the baby new life and we'll get to hear a whole new round of 'Praise Jebus!' "

That was my first thought too.

OMG :laughing-rolling:

That makes me feel a little less guilty for laughing at ghetto deer. . . yes, I'm a terrible person.

edited to add: for the humorless among us, I am NOT laughing at the miscarriage, just the headline.

I'm with you in the hot place.

Once you have a child, your "mommy years" are never over!

Michelle has made several statements on camera that indicate she has a rather limited view of what being a mother is all about. To her, it's apparently the length of the pregnancy, plus the initial few months while she is still breastfeeding. After that, "motherhood" is over and she's anxious to begin the next version of motherhood asasp.

It's bizarre. My mother is still my mom, still worries over all her children and tries to make our lives easier in little ways.

I still feel very maternal toward my teenager, and I just don't see that stopping even when he's an adult. There will always be a part of me that prays he is all right, that he stays healthy, that nothing bad happens to him. I'm always going to be a mom to him.

JimBob doesn't want to face it, but there is definitely something seriously amiss with Michelle.

My maternal grandparents were from Slovakia. My paternal grandmother was from a village called Boshany in Bohemia, My paternal grandfather was from a small village near Tokay in Hungary.

I find this really interesting as I very recently found out that my paternal grandmother immigrated with her parents to England during WWII, and I have had no success at all in finding out any more about her or her family before that time, except that they were Jews fleeing persecution in mainland Europe. Her maiden name was Isaacs. It's incredibly hard to trace her lineage, for some reason - the whole thing seems to have been very secretive.

IRT Michelle's miscarriage - it's always sad when a baby or child is lost, whether it's #1 or #20. My heart goes out to the family. I may not agree with their lifestyle or parenting choices, but I really do feel sorry for their loss.

Same thing happened to my sister, who is 24 and pregnant with her first, in super healthy condition. Can happen to anyone.

She didn't grieve at all though. Is that weird?

She wasn't hoping to get pregnant in the first place though, it was an accident.

It's not weird at all. I think this thread proves that there is no right or wrong way to handle a miscarriage. My mom had a miscarriage once and she was relieved because it saved her the expense of getting an abortion. Every woman handles it differently and there's nothing wrong with any of it, except when you have and then neglect 18 children because of trying to deal with it.

I have been thinking about this and as sad as it is, it really was the best of any possibly outcomes in this situation. The key word there is "possible". Michelle was hoping for a healthy mom and healthy baby, but that was NEVER a possibility. She would have settled for a healthy mom and an extremely ill premature baby, but even that was extremely unlikely.

The only real possible outcomes from this pregnancy were

1) Miscarriage

2) Healthy mom but dead baby

3) Dead mom and dead baby

So in that context, it really is better than any possible alternatives. I'm sure the Duggars would pat themselves on the back because they don't gamble with money, but then they take a ridiculous gamble like this with life. It's actually hypocritical in two ways because they are gambling, and they clearly don't care about life as much as they claim they do, at least not when it's just a baby incubator who can't perform her duty anymore anyway.

I'm with you in the hot place.

I will be at the VIP table, ladies, because that headline may have made me have to run to the bathroom, I was laughing so hard. The headline, people.

It's the same here in Sweden, don't know if it's a tradition in Northen Europe? It was seen as bad luck to recieve anything baby-related before the baby was born. Expecting parents didn't make a big deal about the things they made or bought before the baby was born, but kept it private.

I think it has something to do with being modest, not taking anything for granted or becoming prideful.

You give the presents once the baby is born and you know that everything went ok.

Baby showers like in the US are becoming more and more popular here, especially amongst the trendy suburban "café latte mothers" but are still a bit controversial. I would never give any baby presents to an expecting mother, it's just... wrong to me. Based on superstition and tradition, but still.

There was a baby shower for one of our technicians yesterday at work. His wife came and she was heavily pregnant. I'm of an older generation and I thought you didn't have the shower until after the baby came, because of the chances that something could go very wrong.

So, for those with more knowledge than I...

Is J'chelle's life still possibly in danger since this pregnancy has not passed naturally? Could there still be potential complications from the delivery?

There was a baby shower for one of our technicians yesterday at work. His wife came and she was heavily pregnant. I'm of an older generation and I thought you didn't have the shower until after the baby came, because of the chances that something could go very wrong.

I always thought baby showers weren't done until you were very close to delivery. A lot of the girls I know had them two months before the due date. If it helps with you feeling old, I'm less than a month from turning 20.

I think the reason baby showers come before the baby is born is because Americans really like being prepared.

Archived