IGNORED

Where's the compassion? Abortion vs Fundie Lifestyle

Guest devilsadvocate6

Well, the part about girls giving birth and abandoning their babies does happen, but they are prosecuted. They are always from pro-life families too. It's a shame they could not deal with the situation via humane, legal means, but the pro-lifers always want to stop them.

btw, I was having the Jesus argument with her just because I know that fundies would not stop their hate even if Jesus himself told them to cut it out. And in most case, he already did! It's just a fun thing I like to do. :lol:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I have the crazy.

I understand you and I deserve at least community service, what will that be, picking up used condoms in the park for 20 years??

No point other than wondering why some women are deserving of compassion and others aren't. But I can tell by the answers that the fundies women aren't shown compassion because their beliefs are different than those here and therefore they are somehow wrong while everyone here is right.

I can also tell by the answers that you all have no issues with cyber bullying and that most have it down to an art form.

Cyber bullying is a terrible thing. When I was in grade 6 - 8 I largely avoided social places on the internet with my classmates because I was terrified about it happening to me (it never did and because I stayed off the internet I don't know if it would have). Also, I think you are missing some posts because there have been people here who have agreed with you. I have (I don't know if compassion is the right word for it) respect for pretty much all people as fellow human beings. This does not mean that I like them all, think they are good people, agree with them, or things like that. It means I can empathize with their situation. All people are deserving of "compassion" (but again, more like respect at a very basic level) and I would probably take this farther than most because I am young, idealistic and kind naive (check back with me in 20 years, I might be singing a different tune). Fundie women are no exception to this. However, I can say whatever I want about their beliefs and they can say whatever they want about mine, which they do. And if they don't like it they can stop posting things on the internet like Emily, Lina, Jessica, etc. No one is forcing them to blog. Their beliefs are similar to a lot of people's here, like you. Obviously everyone here cannot be right because we disagree on many things. Please stop lumping everyone together

What about suicide? Why are people who try suicide locked up and given psychiatric care after a failed suicide? Shouldn't we just let them die where they are or release them without any mental health care because after all, it is THEIR body and THEIR choice to kill it if they want to?

Ouch, I understand that you do not know much about suicidal people. Many of those people are in a moment of despair, perhaps caused by some trauma or crisis. They might do something which they would later regret. They don't act rationally.

Then you have women who go through an abortion. They have most likely thought their decision through. There is nothing indicating that these women are not in their right senses.

Well, the part about girls giving birth and abandoning their babies does happen, but they are prosecuted. They are always from pro-life families too. It's a shame they could not deal with the situation via humane, legal means, but the pro-lifers always want to stop them.

btw, I was having the Jesus argument with her just because I know that fundies would not stop their hate even if Jesus himself told them to cut it out. And in most case, he already did! It's just a fun thing I like to do. :lol:

Are you sure, I am pretty sure Jesus said the greatest law is that women who have an abortion to save their fetus and/or baby from having no moment of living that wasn't consumed in pain should wear orange vests and pick up garbage.

I understand you and I deserve at least community service, what will that be, picking up used condoms in the park for 20 years??

Well for all of us who will be sentenced to litter patrol, I suggest Latraviata make us some nicely smocked safety vests so that we can at least be fashionable whilst carrying out our sentences :D

Well for all of us who will be sentenced to litter patrol, I suggest Latraviata make us some nicely smocked safety vests so that we can at least be fashionable whilst carrying out our sentences :D

Ok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Treemom and women like you are awesome!!!!!!

Edited cause I realised pointing out the obvious to someone like DA is pointless.

Ok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can mine be blue or purple? Orange washes me out in a terrible way and yellow - ewww. Nothing works with yellow.

I wonder if she is talking about that recent story about the dead baby who was starved to death over several days in the shed of a fundamentalist Christian boarding school. DA, that is how the *pro-lifers* treat babies. Not the pro-choice people.

Guest Anonymous
I can also tell by the answers that you all have no issues with cyber bullying and that most have it down to an art form.

So:

Posting snark and opposing opinions on a forum where threatening anyone will get you banned = cyber bullying.

Posting screeds about how gay people are fags, hated by God, and abominations that should be put to death = not cyber bullying and worthy of compassion.

You don't know what the fuck bullying is. Here's a hint - people disagreeing with you =/= bullying.

Can mine be blue or purple? Orange washes me out in a terrible way and yellow - ewww. Nothing works with yellow.

I'd like an earth tone tye dye with smocked cuffs. My girls are too substantial to have a smocked bodice. (Unless LT can work on a minimizing design for those of us who are well endowed :lol: )

It's an interesting version of reality, isn't it?

Hounding women at Planned Parenthood (who are probably there for a pap smear or to get birth control)=good.

Commenting on a person's unsafe behavior with an animal=bad.

Driving around a truck with blown up pictures of medical waste=good.

Providing health care for children=bad.

A medical procedure that removes a non-sentient piece of tissue from a women's uterus=bad.

Giving birth to a full term infant and letting them starve to death in a shed=okay

Giving birth to an infant that will only die a long and painful death=bad

eta: feeding children=bad, education children=bad, giving children a home=bad. Don't forget those!

I wonder if she is talking about that recent story about the dead baby who was starved to death over several days in the shed of a fundamentalist Christian boarding school. DA, that is how the *pro-lifers* treat babies. Not the pro-choice people.

Naw, she's been reading WorldNutDaily. She's parroting Jill Stanek.

Naw, she's been reading WorldNutDaily.

I read that did not see anything about having women give birth to viable infants and then leaving them to die.

But, yeah, that website is a trip.

I'd like an earth tone tye dye with smocked cuffs. My girls are too substantial to have a smocked bodice. (Unless LT can work on a minimizing design for those of us who are well endowed :lol: )

There is nothing I cannot do, I mean smockingwise.

I already started designing a suitable pattern to have at least some uniformity, after all we must be recognisable as such. I may picture smock some fetusses on the cuffs and bodice, don't you agree??

I read that did not see anything about having women give birth to viable infants and then leaving them to die.

But, yeah, that website is a trip.

I don't know which article it is specifically, but I know it's one of Jill Stanek's. I saw it linked to on FSTDT a long time ago. Not exactly giving birth, but supposedly having a live child that was aborted (WTF?), and leaving it to die in a garbage can because they didn't want it anyway.

There is nothing I cannot do, I mean smockingwise.

I already started designing a suitable pattern to have at least some uniformity, after all we must be recognisable as such. I may picture smock some fetusses on the cuffs and bodice, don't you agree??

I have a box of tiny plastic fetuses ( I buy them from a RTL group and use them as stocking stuffers for the young women of my village). I'll get them off to you. All you'll need to do is poke little holes in them and tack them on as embellishments. :lol:

Where's the compassion for the starving children in this world...? You want more children to this world? More starving children? Be careful what you wish for.

Don't forget to add a scarlet A.

Great idea!! That will teach us!!

I still have that book, the scarlet letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

I don't know which article it is specifically, but I know it's one of Jill Stanek's. I saw it linked to on FSTDT a long time ago. Not exactly giving birth, but supposedly having a live child that was aborted (WTF?), and leaving it to die in a garbage can because they didn't want it anyway.

I don't doubt it happened. But killing a live, viable child that is separate from its mother's body is to my knowledge not considered abortion and it is certainly not something that an accredited clinic would do. So I don't know why DA brought it up, except that she has once again talked herself into a corner and needs to make some emotional drama on her way out the door.

Great idea!! That will teach us!!

I still have that book, the scarlet letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

You - FJites, are awesome.

Where's the compassion for the starving children in this world...? You want more children to this world? More starving children? Be careful what you wish for.

But, of course. Because if they die after birth, it is god's will. But if you don't bring it into the world in the first place, well, let me count the number of ways that makes god hate you. He can kill innocent children, you cannot.

Archived