IGNORED

Wow howdy! New boards? New members? (explain your username)

TheDarkSideLuke

Um, I'm very shy and quiet at first, and "anonymouse" was taken at the old boards. :animals-mouse:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I mentioned before that Goyangi is 고양이 which is 'cat' in Korean. I like to watch Korean dramas and, I'm told, my mannerisms are occasionally cat-like. I'm totally a dog person, though.

I have been Lillybee for years on many other boards. It is a variation of my granddaughter's name, which is Lillian Beatrix. It is also the name of my main on World of Warcraft. I was raised Catholic and am now a secular humanist.

Hane wrote:

Ugh! That's my real name, and I'm old enough to have been in HS during that era of SNL. I got called "Jane, you ignorant slut" all the time.

My middle sister was in high school then, too. The first time she and baby sister called me "Jane, you ignorant slut," my mother was appalled, so I told her about its provenance and assured her it was OK with me.

Another common Chico Escuela-ism is my sisters' expressing gratitude to me by saying, "Thag you, Hane."

Back in the '70s, the natural-foods company Hain was becoming popular, so they'd buy me things with the Hain label from time to time.

purpleeee is a colour I absessed over briefly as a teen (to remind me how much people can change!) with extra e's stuck on the end to give it a bit of uniqueness... only I can never remember how many to type and often have trouble logging in :)

Brief intro: Am youngest of 10, all adopted as older kids (I was 9, which was pretty typical). We had the freedom to choose what we wanted to do religiously. I chose Sanatan Dharma, which in the west is called Hinduism, like one of my older brothers. Three of us are agnostic and two atheist.

Welcome to all the new posters!!! It's great to hear all the new points of view.

Sweetpea is my nickname for my adorable niece.

I grew up Lutheran, but skirted around the fundie movement in high school and college.

Back when I got on the Interwebs (the dinosarus roamed the earth) and joined varous message boards, I realized I would need a user name other than my actual first name (Jennifer). I looked around my apartment and I saw a giant portrait I have of Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly. And grrl is just a variation of girl.

Mine is a boring story as well. I had no idea who to work the computer when I joined my first message board 9 years ago. I was going with the name "clibby" which was my daughters nickname at the time. I did something wrong and made clibby unavailable, so I had to add "jo" to it. Stupid story. I would like to change it to my empress/blog name, but everyone already knows me as clibby so I keep it.

I picked this name a few years ago for my Livejournal because I was trying to find something new and I looked at a menu for my favorite sushi restaurant and saw the "Masago Roll" that I often ordered. I love sushi! (I even have sushi earrings!)

Kind of a boring story!

My username is just a random name I thought of because I didn't want to sign up under my real name or any other identifying usernames.

I guess there are small intros on some...well I'm in my mid 20's (that's so weird to say), married, with a baby on the way. I moved out of my parents house last year (they are isolationists, patriarchalists, fundie-ists, all the icky stuff), and they cut me off completely. (Haven't heard from them since.) I did email them to tell them they've got a second grandchild on the way. I have contact with one brother (who is also married). I love web design (anybody who is willing to pay for a site hit me up) and graphics design. I like to sing but I'm not very good. xD

Well, my user name does have a direct correlation to fundies...but has nothing to do with Jinger from Duggar fame.

One of my favorite books/movies is Jane Eyre. There is a horrid fundie Preacher in the beginning named Bronklehurst that tells Jane she is wicked and if she doesn't change she will go burn in the pit of fire forever (nothing like making an 8 year old's day special like threats of eternal flames). Anyway, he is extolling the virtues of good little Christian children such as his own son. He told Jane, "I often ask my son if he would like a psalm or a Gingernut (cookie) and he tells me, why Papa, I want two Psalms, they are better than food to me. And after he recites his Psalms to me, he gets a Gingernut for his piety."

So Bronklehurst is just like Daddy Bot or Dougie Wougie, and so when I found Free Jinger I was floored that other people "followed" these scarey fundies like I did!!! You guys have been a breath of fresh air and I love to hear all your varying opinions and observations. So...Gingernut I am.

Well, my user name does have a direct correlation to fundies...but has nothing to do with Jinger from Duggar fame.

One of my favorite books/movies is Jane Eyre. There is a horrid fundie Preacher in the beginning named Bronklehurst that tells Jane she is wicked and if she doesn't change she will go burn in the pit of fire forever (nothing like making an 8 year old's day special like threats of eternal flames). Anyway, he is extolling the virtues of good little Christian children such as his own son. He told Jane, "I often ask my son if he would like a psalm or a Gingernut (cookie) and he tells me, why Papa, I want two Psalms, they are better than food to me. And after he recites his Psalms to me, he gets a Gingernut for his piety."

So Bronklehurst is just like Daddy Bot or Dougie Wougie, and so when I found Free Jinger I was floored that other people "followed" these scarey fundies like I did!!! You guys have been a breath of fresh air and I love to hear all your varying opinions and observations. So...Gingernut I am.

I remember that so clearly! I read "Jane Eyre" in sixth grade, and was amazed that Brocklehurst was too stupid to realize his son was asking to recite extra psalms only in order to get extra gingernuts.

Eight years ago a little black puppy literally strolled into our lives. We were a young couple, few years in a relationship, and she adopted up. When we first registered online it was on pet lovers forums with my man's initials- zcc. Since I was the one who mostly ended up participating in internet discussions I got stuck with his initials and as time went by it felt a bit foolish so I added crv which means worm in Croatian. Our puppy is now a spoiled housewife forced to share small quarters with cats and guinea pigs. :animals-cat: :animals-mouse: :animals-dog:

Of course it's complicated: you wouldn't be a drama llama otherwise! :D

As for me, "defrauding" comes from our favorite fundie family -- but I've never actually watched them on television, oddly enough. Instead, I picked up the word after stumbling upon this board and lurking a bit. "Defrauding" suits me well, though, given my penchant for immodest jokes.

Defrauding: just wanted to say - 'icon love' :)

Also, I was reading the Bible today (1st Book of Samuel) and saw the word 'defrauding'. I immediately thought of FJ :oops:

I am religious but not THAT kind of 'religious' and I love/fear fundie watching. And 'Soldiers of the One' were the ultimate fundies on the show Caprica.

That is an EXCELLENT Jane Eyre reference and a damn good name!

PennySycamore wrote:

CK Dexter Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaveeeeeeeen!

"Can you use a typewriter?"

"No thanks, I have one at home."

You two are my soulmates. :D

Hello all! I'm mostly a lurker - not enough time for posting - and I've been reading FJ since its inception at Yuku. I love Hitchcock movies, and my username references the "main" character in Vertigo.

The main dead one, that is! And you have her portrait and everything!

Nothing interesting behind my username. Just a reminder to myself of how I should be!

:)

My username is actually two places. They both have meaning to me, but I cannot reveal the reason why.

My gateway drug to fundiworld was the salon article with Vyckie Garrison. It took me a long time to figure out why the lifestyle resoated so strongly with me. I was raised a cultural Jew. Not particularly religious at all. However, there was tremendous pressure to associate with, marry and live among only the like-minded. I did not have a serious dress code. My educational options were unlimited....except my parents expected me to live at home and commute to college. I did exactly that.

When I graduated from college at 21 with an Air Force scholarship to med school, I chose to go far away and be near my Catholic boyfriend. My parents disowned me. I did not marry that guy. My family still insists that I ran away from home. (Which I am pretty sure is actually called growing up at 21) I am 51 now. They still treat me the same way....like a wayward teenager.

So yeah. I get it.

Without divulging too much that would allow people from RL to find me, KEEPER was the position I played in soccer, which ruled my life from 5 until 18 and ROX for where I grew up.

It doesn't really say much about who I am now, as an almost 30-year-old, but I've been keeperrox since 1996 and I can't imagine using another handle.

Can I join the history lovers party please? I'm a senior in college majoring in history and am currently getting all excited thinking about grad schools and a potential career as a professional historian. I love pretty much any era of history (except ancient Rome and the Civil War) but my passion is Tudor England. I was soooooooo excited last semester when I got to write a paper about Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon. Fundies mangling history bother me, too, but I get more annoyed by the over simplified, America-centric version taught in public schools, and by supposedly educated people who say things like, "Well, the Salem witch burnings in the 1500's..."

Archived