IGNORED

Wow howdy! New boards? New members? (explain your username)

TheDarkSideLuke

I'm a new member who's lurked for about 4-5 months. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a homeschooler. I promise not to mess up the fresh new rugs!

My username is because I am a mommy to two "alyns." My girls' first names both end in -a and their middle names both end in -lyn. No, I didn't plan it that way. :D

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"onlyorganic" not because it's the way I live but because I'm super super sick of people saying things like "we only eat organically". ;)

Mompom was what Karen Killilea called her mother, Marie Killilea. I read the book "Karen" as a child and fell in love with it. I have a child with special needs too and I thought it was interesting how one of my favorite books as a child sort of came full circle to me as an adult in my own life.

jjmennonite because my first two initials are jj and I am a mennonite by culture/upbringing - NOT by religion. Don't know if it is OK to identify myself as such, in my username - but nobody has told me otherwise.

I have often been called JJ by friends and in our Burlesquercize class/rehearsal our instructor asked us if we had stage names and I said JJ and she said 'Not VuhJJ?' Never made that connection before. I secretly called myself 'Mennonite in a Little Black Slip' after our last Burlesque gala, where I wore a . . . . you guessed it - black slip.

ETA: Brainsample, ohhhh, you're UMG! Okay! All of these new names are confusing.

Aw. Nothing more lucky than getting a kitty when you're five. Pretend this is a cat: :evil:

I was on Taunya's old board and I wanted to support her transition out of patriarchy, so I signed up as UMG (don't like the shortened caps). If anyone gets mad at me, they can shorten my name to BS this way, too. I guess she and I aren't on good terms because I'm disqualified as a Christian for posting on FJ -- I think, if there weren't mixed messages and such in the email she sent me.

I embraced the opportunity to shed the reminder, though I love Taunya and have great respect for her. We just don't see eye to eye on some things. But I don't see eye to eye on everything -- even with my husband.

So BS can be my happy FJ version.

My dear, darling, departed dog was named Gizmo. My still living and darling little daughter-dog is Lola. Hence, Gizmola. Gizmo passed away in '06 but I've just kept Gizmola as my alter-ego.

I now have Lola and Dolly so my WI-FI connection at my home is named Lolly.

Yes, I am a dork.

I'm a new member who's lurked for about 4-5 months. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a homeschooler. I promise not to mess up the fresh new rugs!

I'm pretty sure there are at least a few homeschooling parents here that aren't all crazypants, so you're in good company! I homeschool, too, but probably not for the normal reasons and I'll (hopefully) be putting them in a new charter school soon, so I don't know if I count. :shifty:

Anyway! I took my username from the Sumerian goddess Inanna, who is all about... well, pretty much everything fundies are not about. (Except war. Pretty sure they're down with war.) She stood out as a tough, independent female in an otherwise patriarchal culture. And she rode on lions, I mean, can you get any cooler?

Angri-la because a lot of things make me mad about the patriarchal Dominionist movement, , and my old name referenced my childless status, which, as of Saturday, is no more. I came up with it many moons ago, and others have since stolen it. The first time I googled it, I got no hits.

Also, like ladypuglover, I've been on these here internets since they had no pictures, and I had the same username for years. I like to be semi-anonymous.

misslady is what one of my work colleagues calls me. I haven't yet figured out if it's just a cute nickname or because she can't remember my actual name! Seemed appropriately semi-anonymous for the internet and I was looking for something different from my standard handle.

Guest Anonymous

Bella was the name given to me by my much loved, late friend when we did Renaissance Festival together. (Actually Bella Bottone, in English she isa Belly Button, no?)

I'm the black sheep of my family... but I don't like sheep... they are funny looking. I do love Hawk's however... thus Black Hawk works better for me.

My username comes from the legendary Duggar 'sin in the camp' incident/story.

Edited to add: Obviously. lol

I'm buddingmedievalist because, well I'm training to be a medievalist and a guy in one of my classes called me a "budding medievalist," which was hysterical to me.

InkyGirl comes from the state of me when I first signed up for Free Jinger. I was covered in ink! I was working on my senior art show at the time which was Monoprints. My hands, arms, clothes, face were stained with ink for many months.

I've been Lainey on the interwebz since I started using it in 1996. My middle name is Elaine; I turned it around and got "Lainey" out of it. I really love the name Lainey. It feels like "me."

I was having trouble thinking of a different SN (I didn't want to use my usual username) and The Apartment was on, so...

I'm mostly a lurker, I only made it to tater tot on the old board, BUT, my sn has an interesting story.

I won't speak of the e and the o, but the hiken is actually the word chicken. I have a small backyard flock and I would tell amusing stories of them to my private email group. One day, my keyboard lost the use of the 'see' - chicken without a 'see' is hiken.

I also was mostly a lurker on the old board. I chose my name because I'm a doctor, but of the PhD rather than MD variety. My husband and I, both historians, joke that we're doctors, but not the kind who help people.

Longtime lurker here and all I can say is: YOU ARE MY PEOPLE.

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten blank expressions when I stumble through, "I have this thing? About religious fundamentalists? Not just Christians, by the way....Really, my passion is cloistered living in a modern society...give me a good nun and...or a monk? God. How I love a monk!...but, right so, yeah...so, I travel to nunneries and monestaries and I read blogs? and I am fascinated by..."

You get it. (You so get it!!)

Username: I am Scottish. (My lovely Irish husband wore a kilt in our wedding.) I have a fundielite background and am a graduate of Biola University. I have since morphed into deputy district attorney assigned exclusively to child molestation/exploitation cases. I still consider myself a Christian and have fond feelings for the Christian community but, by and large, am disgusted by my fellow "believers" who have forgotten the meaning of the word compassion.

Salut!

edit: because italics are hard!

Well I am absolutely obsessed with the musical Wicked. I know all the words to all the songs and sing them frequently. I have seen it twice. It is my favorite thing in the world. I also wanted my username to be an actual name, but not my name. Since I couldn't decide which is my favorite character (Elphaba or Galinda), since I love them both, I combined the two.

I'm pretty sure there are at least a few homeschooling parents here that aren't all crazypants, so you're in good company! I homeschool, too, but probably not for the normal reasons and I'll (hopefully) be putting them in a new charter school soon, so I don't know if I count. :shifty:

Anyway! I took my username from the Sumerian goddess Inanna, who is all about... well, pretty much everything fundies are not about. (Except war. Pretty sure they're down with war.) She stood out as a tough, independent female in an otherwise patriarchal culture. And she rode on lions, I mean, can you get any cooler?

I'm kind of in love with the sumerian goddess Inanna too - she seems like the kick ass sort of woman I would like to be

ElijahsMama807 = I'm the mama to a three-year-old son named Elijah, the 8 is because he was born in August, and the 07 is for the year he was born (2007). :)

Archived