IGNORED

Wow howdy! New boards? New members? (explain your username)

TheDarkSideLuke

I chose my name because I was tired of my old screen name on so many other boards and discovered I was leaving a trail on the net. So I stepped away from something mom like as 2 alomst 3 of my sons are grown now. I love animals and even while all my dogs and cats have enslaved my heart I chose something with pugs as my 2 pugs are just such characters. The lady part is because I'm not a man and don't have any dangly bits.

My little pug over there isn't my pug but of a little lady pug who i think fits me. Always trying to be grown up and failing to carry off the proper lady look/action. It is just who I am as my late grandfather died at 93 years still avoiding acting like a grown up. He was my hero who always did the right thing but never saw life through anything but a child's eyes.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's short for a nickname I had a million years ago in university. Can't reveal the actual name for personal reasons.

My username is my "stage name" that I came up with along time ago and now use as a web pseudonym. I was going to come up with something clever but signed up with twitter on yuku and then couldn't quickly figure out how to change it and gave up.

I posted an intro at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=452&p=8372#p8372 :mrgreen:

Mine comes from the Dr Seuss ABC: Big V, little v, Vera Violet Vinn, is very very very awful on her violin. I have that page from the book framed and hanging in the studio where I teach violin lessons.

I am a lifelong Baptist of the nonfundie variety. My current church is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, a remarkably tolerant group. I found this community while googling the Duggars, and was shocked and horrified to discover the fanaticism and cruelty hiding behind the name "Baptist."

Karupin is the name of the cat in my icon. :) I'm quite an anime geek, and I've always loved this cat (which is from a show about tennis and is the main character's pet.) My name on the old boards was karupinnocheesecake (Karupin's cheesecake), but I decided that was too long.

Its been my favorite word since I was itty bitty

Higgledy piggledy pop

The dog has eaten the mop

The pig's in a hurry

The cat's in a flurry

Higgledy piggledy pop

I'm a super intelligent shade of the color blue.

(Not really--just wanted to see if anyone would get the reference. I'm the opposite of super intelligent more times than I care to think about.)

I was raised in a very conservative home, although my family is not fundamentalist. I've run into a lot of fundies and isolationist homeschoolers over the years and the subject fascinates me.

I'll jump in while procrastinating about changing three cat boxes...

I'm a Monty Python geek who married a Monty Python geek. I'm also UnderMuchGrace.com (aka Cindy Kunsman), but I changed my user name because it was never really FJ appropriate. I was already signed up for another group on Yuku, and I found the board via my sitemeter. So I changed it after the rapture.

Some say I'm fundie, but must be ultra light -- Doggie says cannot be with a sense of humor. Married 21 years, no kids because God was mostly sovereign over my womb, too, but no QFers seems to believe that. :doh: Funny how that doesn't work both ways. Husband Lutheran turned Moravian and Episcopalian and then hung out with me in the Word of Faith Movement because he was love sick or something. 4 years in a Gothard and CGI church, then ended up at the same OPC church as Douggie Phillips until he started his cult. Do not make public where I worship, but I am not a member anywhere and will likely never be.

Did lots of blogging about patriarchy, thought reform and spiritual abuse. Got blackballed by a Christian apologetics organization in 2008 after I put a video of it online, challenging the weird beliefs (non-tradtional Christian ones) about patriarchy and complementarianism. Called names by big names, so I guess I'm somebody. Even got insulted twice by Voddie Baucham on his blog. :mrgreen: I heard that I'm a communist, the enemy of homeschooling, and a lesbian which my husband finds pretty surprising.

About my new name copied from a post on the Update on Jasmine:

For those who are not up on old Monty Python episodes, "Brainsample" comes from something like episode 7 in the first season, I think. Sad that I know that.

There are extra terrestrials (who are huge blancmanges) who want to win at Wimbledon, so they start turning everyone in England into Scottsmen, because everyone knows they are the worst at tennis. Mr. and Mrs. Brainsample end up defeating the blancmanges by showing up at Wimbledon and eating them, and I believe Scotland wins.

I thought in an obscure way, this was something like my iconoclastic activities and was the best reference to such that I could come up with from the Flying Circus. I tear down icons, and the Brainsamples ate the blacmanges who deceitfully transformed everyone into something they weren't (Scotsmen) so they could get something for themselves. But Graham Chapman and Eric Idle in drag had the last word and the last mouthful.

Sad. I know.

You must be my long lost sibling! My most commonly used name online is a reference to an equally obscure Monty Python sketch. ("Cuz I'm a little bit sad and lonely, now my baby's gone away~")

My current username is one I use when I don't really want to connect myself immediately with my other online presences. (My most common username is primarily for art related things. I have another one I use commonly for writing forums.) Shoobydoo is just kind of my nonsense username. I guess it sounds kind of like Scooby Doo?

I'm a super intelligent shade of the color blue.

(Not really--just wanted to see if anyone would get the reference. I'm the opposite of super intelligent more times than I care to think about.)

I was raised in a very conservative home, although my family is not fundamentalist. I've run into a lot of fundies and isolationist homeschoolers over the years and the subject fascinates me.

I get it. :dance:

Well, my username is partly obvious....Ally - you can either take this as my name or take a guess that it's short for something ;) many options to choose from, but that is what I am most commonly known as

and Pally, well I.m your pal, I'm your buddy, I'm a nice person :)

and 5 just demonstrates my total randomness (such as an obsession with fundie families) :lol:

I was just thinking about having a thread like this! Good timing, too, because we can see who changed their names from the old board, although I think very few of us did.

I was GreatGodOm on the old board, which I picked because I needed to delurk really fast to post something and one of my favorite books is Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. Well, I never really felt comfortable with the name. It was chosen on the spur of the moment and just doesn't suit me.

Now I'm oolong, which is a type of tea. Despite being born and raised deep in the heart of Texas, I managed to develop an English tea habit quite early in life. I'm not actually a great fan of oolong specifically, but it makes a nice name and I chose it because of my favorite line in this song:

That's easy.

My name is Lynn. And since middle school, my friends have called me Kaboom. So, LynnKaboom. Although I will say that usually I don't use this name (I'm either elitekaboom or GoesKaboom, usually).

Alpha Eta = I'm a member of the Alpha Eta chapter of my sorority

08 = my pledge year

Not so interesting, but original enough!

Hoopy froods gotta stick together, yo.

That's right. :lol:

Oolong, I love your avatar. Terry Pratchett is my other great love in life along with Monty Python.

lexiloumarie was one of the first screennames I ever picked/used online and I just kept it because it's almost never taken and it's kinda been my linking "identity".It was my nickname based on my name (Alexa) and my middle names.

Judges 4 : 17 - 24

i've spent about 8 years getting in with a group of online fundies; finding y'all was reassurance i'm not the only one that finds this fascinating.

Mine is my daughter's name in the language of the country in which she was born. We sorta left that name by the wayside, figuring it would be too hard to expect everyone to spell or pronounce. But sometimes I use it online.

Other: not a science geek. ELCA Christian, which means I'm pretty much cool with everyone else's belief system or lack thereof. Mom to a teen and an almost teen, and therefore a nervous wreck 99% of the time. Married to a lovely, hard-working, nonpracticing Catholic.

My user name is WhiskeyKel because Whiskey Girl is my favorite song and Kel is short for Kelli. I think it makes me sound badass :)

"Marian the Librarian" because 1) I'm a librarian, 2) married to a musician, 3) have roots in Iowa, and 4) grew up listening to my parents' "Music Man" LP, years before any of this happened...

I am "Markie" because I am a teacher and do a lot of marking - but not for much longer. Only four more Get-Ups!!! :lol:

Archived