IGNORED

Are you thirsty? The Maxwells

twin2

The Maxwells want to know. They don't say why. They don't say if they are. They don't say how to fix it. However, apparently deer are thirsty.

Me, I am a little thirsty. I think I'm going to quench it with a nice mug of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows as I watch the windy, snowy craziness going on outside.

So fellow FJers are you thirsty? How are you going to take care of it? What should we do about the thirsty deer?

I am always thirsty, but have never thirsted for what they have to offer - which isn't even theirs to give.

I'm having a beer. It'll quench me for now. Until it's gone and I have to get off my lazy butt to get another one from the fridge.

The Maxwells want to know. They don't say why. They don't say if they are. They don't say how to fix it. However, apparently deer are thirsty.

titus2.com/blog/

Me, I am a little thirsty. I think I'm going to quench it with a nice mug of hot chocolate with mini marshmallows as I watch the windy, snowy craziness going on outside.

So fellow FJers are you thirsty? How are you going to take care of it? What should we do about the thirsty deer?

The fact that it's the Maxwell's makes me wish I had Diet Pepsi in the house -- I never drink it because I don't much like it, but I'd like to drink a toast to Teri.

Guess I'll just do it with selzer.

While I sing "Like as the hart . . . "

ETA -- I hadn't even looked at the blog when I posted -- I should have know that was the quote to which they were referring!

You know, I have to admit that their latest entry is especially WTF-inducing. Like, WTF does a deer have to do with thirst? Silly, silly Maxwells!

You know, I have to admit that their latest entry is especially WTF-inducing. Like, WTF does a deer have to do with thirst? Silly, silly Maxwells!

:lol:

I know this text from years of choral singing, so I knew the connection.

Psalm 42 has inspired some crummy music, but there are also some nice settings.

The tune that runs through my head (and I can't remember where I learned it!) is this one -- sorry about the quality, but it was the only video I could find of anyone singing it:

0dQoAphIeTI

Mendelssohn set it beautifully, too:

I0YjuWzmkqg

Enjoy!

I stand corrected. :lol: Psalm 42 does talk about a deer and water. But like, you'd think they'd use a photo of a deer drinking from a stream or something instead of a photo of a random deer standing in a field. The whole entry seemed kind of random. I'm jonesin' for a real Maxwell blog entry. They haven't posted much this week.

ETA: I like the music you posted! :)

I stand corrected. :lol: Psalm 42 does talk about a deer and water. But like, you'd think they'd use a photo of a deer drinking from a stream or something instead of a photo of a random deer standing in a field. The whole entry seemed kind of random. I'm jonesin' for a real Maxwell blog entry. They haven't posted much this week.

ETA: I like the music you posted! :)

Now, you have to think like a Maxwell. If the deer was at the water, it would be sated and happy.

This deer is in a very dry-looking, yellow field. Like us sinners without the Maxwell-Approved Version of God, like Teri without her Diet Pepsi, it is dry, parched, yearning, miserable.

Like people --er, deer -- are supposed to be!

See, it is a truly Maxwellian post!

Glad you liked the music!

Now, you have to think like a Maxwell. If the deer was at the water, it would be sated and happy.

This deer is in a very dry-looking, yellow field. Like us sinners without the Maxwell-Approved Version of God, like Teri without her Diet Pepsi, it is dry, parched, yearning, miserable.

Like people --er, deer -- are supposed to be!

See, it is a truly Maxwellian post!

LMAO! You totally have a point with that. Maybe they should have posted a photo of a parched, sad-looking deer in the middle of the desert for dramatic effect ... or maybe I'm just nitpicking now. I guess I'm just irritable due to the Maxwell withdrawal I'm currently going through since their entries have been kind of lame lately. They should do a The Elderly extravaganza post or something. :lol:

LMAO! You totally have a point with that. Maybe they should have posted a photo of a parched, sad-looking deer in the middle of the desert for dramatic effect ... or maybe I'm just nitpicking now. I guess I'm just irritable due to the Maxwell withdrawal I'm currently going through since their entries have been kind of lame lately. They should do a The Elderly extravaganza post or something. :lol:

Yeah, the pic needs some sand dunes.

Hey, maybe the deer is old -- perhaps it's one of The Elderly. Or would that be the Elkderly?

Maybe it's stranded away from the water because it was hitching a ride in Uriah, and ol' U broke down again.

Damn, now I want a root beer. Stupid Maxwells making me worship false idols.

Actually, yes, I am quite thirsty. I want water now. But the floor is so cold, I don't want to put my feet on it.

I have a serious coke addiction (the brown fizzy kind, not the white powdery kind lol). Yes it's an idol. A sweet, cold, fizzy, tasty idol. I pray for Terry and her Pepsi every day!

Maybe they should cut back on the velveta? Drop the salt intake from all of the generic cream of mush soup they must use.

Archived