IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

I think this is something besides laziness. Some sort of mental illness, perhaps? Deep-seated rage? I don't know, but I think she needs professional help. Now.

There's a bit of her being a "defiant exhibitionist", it seems to me. No mother in her right mind is going to read the sum of this woman's writings and think, "Yeah, there's a kid who is being parented well".

If you read the comments she's getting a lot of strokes. I'm sure like most of the 'my shit doesn't stink' bloggers, she censors comments. But really there can't be that many young women out there who are that dim? Never mind, yea, there are.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More great parenting. Jeez. She really does not like this kid.

Yeah, no one could have predicted that feeding a toddler marinara on white carpet is a bad idea. :roll:

But not only that, she scolded him for what he did to the carpet:

I was not happy, and scolded you several times

That is 100% her fault. He's a toddler. He didn't ask to eat on the floor.

Guest Anonymous

I looked after a 17 month old last week. I'm not used to doing childcare 10 hours a day and let me tell you I was exhausted. (Shout-out to all of you parents. Your job is hard, and you rock for doing it.) You know what was worn out the most? My voice.

I sang so many songs. I played so many games of peek-a-boo and patty cake. I made so many truck noises. I don't usually talk all the live long day, but when I babysit my niece it feels like I'm on non-stop chatter mode. She loves it, for the record, even though my singing is uh, not good.

She is so much fun, I can't imagine penning her up with baby gates and ignoring her. Don't get me wrong, when I have her my laundry piles up in the floor and my dishes pile up in the sink until she gets picked up, but baby talk and slobbery baby kisses and having to wash the sippy cup (again!) while I laugh my head off because she's been giving a drink to the dog is totally worth it.

All of that to say this - I don't think the author of that blog thinks that her baby is worth the messes he makes or the trouble he causes her. The absolute last thing she needs to do is have another baby that she won't like and won't enjoy taking care of. Sheesh. Don't do it, FFS.

Aww, y'all, I just bring her up a lot because she is a miracle to me, and to the world, and we see so much abuse and neglect and lack of reality among fundies, that I like to be able to talk about her success. I hope there are not too many "Oh lawd, she's runnin' at the mouth about that baby again..." eyerolls. I try to keep it on topic at least.

Loving is my pleasure and my honor. She calls you all collectively "Jinger" now- you all now get a shout out in her little night time prayers "...And bless Mommy's friends Jinger...." She's 4, I know I should correct her, but it is cute!

You can brag about your baby girl all you want. I read your posts to my husband and we cry together. :)

Yeah, no one could have predicted that feeding a toddler marinara on white carpet is a bad idea. :roll:

Is she just not bright? :lol: I'm shocked that her list of recommended baby gear doesn't include a splat mat! Actually a vinyl shower curtain from the dollar store works just was well. Instead this morong

We have one of those Superyards. We have it around the base of our stairs because a gate wouldn't work with our banister and a certain little 15 month old in our house LOVES stairs. I wouldn't use it as a baby jail with a toddler and most of the Amazon reviews say that if you do, you should get the extension pieces to make the enclosure bigger. We just babyproofed our entire living room once she became mobile, and accepted that our days of having anything breakable are over for the next decade or so.

We aren’t giving T1 any presents this year. We’ll give him an old rag and a box to play with or something. I guarantee you that will make him just as happy as anything we can buy at the store.

I can't imagine not giving my kid ANY present for Christmas. We're not going overboard this year (unlike last year :oops: ) but I'm already excited at the thought of Little Bug to open gifts on Christmas morning - last year she was only a few months old and didn't do much but bounce in her new Jumperoo and crinkle some paper. This year she'll be into it and it will be so much fun for us to see.

Three effing diaper changes a day? That probably works for a kid who's potty training and is making it to the potty much of the time, but not so much for an 8 month old. It's also beyond absurd to use Thirsties covers over disposables - basically she had grand plans of cloth diapering that fell through so she wants to get some sort of use out of the covers (Thirsties aren't the cheapest option). My 15 month old hasn't had diaper leaks in ages in either cloth or disposables and it's because we CHANGE HER.

I finally got to this blog now that I'm home from work. If I didn't need to knit mittens for my kid tonight I'd be poring over every damned post.

Aww, y'all, I just bring her up a lot because she is a miracle to me, and to the world, and we see so much abuse and neglect and lack of reality among fundies, that I like to be able to talk about her success. I hope there are not too many "Oh lawd, she's runnin' at the mouth about that baby again..." eyerolls. I try to keep it on topic at least.

Loving is my pleasure and my honor. She calls you all collectively "Jinger" now- you all now get a shout out in her little night time prayers "...And bless Mommy's friends Jinger...." She's 4, I know I should correct her, but it is cute!

I never, ever get tired of hearing about your love for your little one, or anyone talking (writing) about their love for their children.

I hope she keeps us (Jinger) in her prayers!

If you read the comments she's getting a lot of strokes. I'm sure like most of the 'my shit doesn't stink' bloggers, she censors comments. But really there can't be that many young women out there who are that dim? Never mind, yea, there are.

Yes, that is what I wondered about. How does she get so many people to agree with/support her? Isn't it obvious that there is something wrong?

Ya know it is the low drone of the hive vagina that puts her to sleep don't ya?? :D

Keep on loving.

edited for grammar.

I never, ever get tired of hearing about your love for your little one, or anyone talking (writing) about their love for their children.

I hope she keeps us (Jinger) in her prayers!

Yes, do tell us more :)

How does she get so many people to agree with/support her? Isn't it obvious that there is something wrong?

She is obviously getting some concerning comments/emails from the "my husband is not a jerk" post, from the way she speaks of him her readers can tell somthing is amiss there. I wonder if she gets the same kind of comments about the baby and she just ignores them or pulls the persecuted bell.

Good gracious, the more I read & see, the more repugnant this woman is. She really does hate her kid. :x

Angri-la... your little girl sounds like a treasure and you are amazing for opening your heart to her.

Seconding the dislike of the baby-jail. We used the baby gates to keep the MiniVixen OUT, not IN. And to give the furballs their own, baby-free space.

What's sad is in that year one post it feels like she knows something is wrong, and just isn't doing anything about it.

Angri-la, thank you for sharing that, I am so glad that you have your girl and she has you.

as for That Wife, I'd like to kick her repeatedly in That Face.

Angri-la you are an awesome person to take on the challege of that sweet little girl, you are what more parents should be like.

I can't believe how much time I have wasted reading this chicks neglect it just makes me so sad. I wish I could sneak that lil boy out of there, guess 6 weeks without her will be good for the kid, maybe he will finally get some attention, if posts like this at 9 months don't sink in just how ognored he is

Temperament: Able to entertain yourself for hours at a time (I love this)

9 months really, hours to entertain himself, you are a twisted lady.

Honestly I am sad that so many comments seem to ignore the fact this lady sees her kid more as a photo prop and accessory then a human being. Damn it's sad :(

this post...

thatwifeblog.com/2011/05/a-quiet-house-means-trouble/

He pulled some of hers and hubs things out of the drawer and left them lying about... and by things, it sounds like their "adult toys".

this post...

read the last thing he got too. I about peed my pants. I'm not quoting directly because while this is a snark forum, I'm pretty sure she meant this only for select group of readers so the rest of you who go the post and read it on your own can be rewarded. LOL.

thatwifeblog.com/2011/05/a-quiet-house-means-trouble/

if they are talking about what I think they are talking about... :D

Even better that the missionaries found it! :lol:

I have of course become momentarily interested in this Emily-like crazy mother, and happened across this in her comments (on the delayed post):

Jenna Reply:

October 11th, 2011 at 8:22 am

No, you remember these things because you are one of those despicable low-lifes that troll GOMI. You guys know all the same data points and talk about them over and over. Because you apparently have nothing better to do

My first thought? Ooooh I wonder what GOMI is? :)

Personally I can't tell if some of the things she writes are meant to be cutesy "look at goofball me and what a martyr mom I am" kinda like LL or she honestly is annoyed to have a child who takes up all of her precious time. I really hope it's the first one.

I have of course become momentarily interested in this Emily-like crazy mother, and happened across this in her comments (on the delayed post):

Jenna Reply:

October 11th, 2011 at 8:22 am

No, you remember these things because you are one of those despicable low-lifes that troll GOMI. You guys know all the same data points and talk about them over and over. Because you apparently have nothing better to do

My first thought? Ooooh I wonder what GOMI is? :)

getoffmyinternets.net

getoffmyinternets.net/2011/10/24/that-wife-is-going-back-to-college/

getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum/lifestyle-bloggers/that-wife/

Edited to break links - don't think they'd care, but just in case.

Poor baby. I'm pregnant, so a taaaad emotional, and reading this and seeing the picture of that sweet little guy just makes me want to cry my eyes out.

Scary to think that, if this is what she is comfortable admitting to/writing about, I wonder if her thoughts towards her son are much worse?

This is exhibit A on why people should only re-produce because they really want a child. Not because their religion tells them that they have to have one (or ten).

I'd certainly guess her thoughts toward her son are in reality much worse.

And yes on exhibit A. I have several friends who are childless by choice, there's nothing wrong with recognizing that being a parent isn't your calling. The more of her blog I read the more I really hope she has no more children.

Archived