IGNORED

Baby sleeping in the bathroom

Ridiculous

Well, she did write on her blog about how she was just letting it flow all over the place when she was in labor. Granted, she put pads on the floor, but still.

I don't think that hardwood floors getting damaged would be a big deal to her if she is perfectly fine walking around in her own pee.

:shock: That is absolutely disgusting. I've given birth twice, and it has never involved willingly urinating on the floor. Now having your water break is one thing, but just pissing all over the place is another. :?

She is weird as hell

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is young, especially considering that he has cognitive delays. I usually start at 2 1/2 with boys and it goes pretty quick. No use starting potty training before they are ready; it just leads to this long power struggle.

How I do it: I fill them with water and fluid, sit them on the potty and read to them or let them watch a movie on my laptop. When they pee, which is inevitable, I make a big deal. Like, throw a party with balloons and cupcakes. After that, they are very inclined to pee in the toilet and I kind of taper off with the rewards, giving stickers for the first few weeks and then nothing. Training for number two takes a little longer, but no one likes to sit in their poo so it usually goes pretty fast. The secret is to never demand that they go to the bathroom. Just reward when they do, and matter-of-factly change the clothes when they don't.

My sons both trained on their own by their 2nd birthday. I was as surprised as anyone. I had planned to start at 2 but both within a week of their birthdays just started on their own. I used cloth diapers. Shortly before my older son's 2nd birthday we were going to visit my MIL. She had already read us the riot act when he wasn't trained by 1 so we bought him briefs, expected he would have accidents, and planned to just tell her that the traveling must have caused him to regress. LOL, he didn't have any accidents. And that was that, no night time accidents either. When our younger son approached 2 we bought him briefs and he wanted to wear them so we explained he had to use the potty. He did, and that was that, including night time dryness. They are both fathers of sons now and the 2 older boys were trained by 2. Mateo is only 18 months old so it remains to be seen what happens with him. My daughter was closer to 2 1/2 but her own daughter trained herself well before 2, easily, with really no effort on my daughter's behalf. Ella is only 12 months old so she has a while to go yet.

Children with cognitive delays often are later in age when they become trained. The special ed school where I was the school nurse had many 5, 6, and 7 y.o.'s in the process of being trained.

Yes, by the time you are really in that hard of labor, the baby has descended to the point where you cannot pee anyway. I have given birth five times and never peed on the floor. Weird. Did she just wander the apartment and piss herself for hours? Where is this post, I must see it!

Yes, by the time you are really in that hard of labor, the baby has descended to the point where you cannot pee anyway. I have given birth five times and never peed on the floor. Weird. Did she just wander the apartment and piss herself for hours? Where is this post, I must see it!

Monday, April 12th, 6:00 am

“6:00 am still in labor – so tired, just want to go to sleep but hurts so bad.†I lasted less than 5 hours in bed, and then I was ready to be laboring in a new position, new place. From Saturday night through the time I delivered on Monday afternoon I spent a total of 15 hours in bed trying to sleep, all but 3 of it while I endured contractions spaced 10 minutes apart or less. I was absolutely exhausted by this point. I knelt on some pillows on the floor with my top half draped over the couch cushions, chux pad underneath my pelvis so I could pee at will. Before labor began I imagined I would really like laboring on the toilet, but I actually hated the position and avoided it whenever I could. I had no shame and laid down chux pads all over the apartment, allowing myself to relax and let things flow whenever I felt the urge as an empty bladder was much more comfortable. I tried to keep singing, but by this point my throat was a bit raw and so I started with the buzzing horse lips. Ina May recommends this laboring technique as she posits that focusing on relaxing one bodily orifice helps to relax all of the others. Whenever the contractions came I buzzed and buzzed and buzzed some more, straight through until I started pushing.

Here's the link to it: thatwifeblog.com/2010/05/the-birth-of-t1-part-iii/

She was living in a different place when That Poor Child was born, not her current carpeted apartment.

(I know way too much about this woman's life.)

Oh okay, I didn't know that. But I'm still disgusted at her sharing on a public blog that she was traipsing around her apartement, just pissing everywhere. And there were people around too, did she talk to them while she's letting it flow?

The image makes me kinda think of that recurring sketch on Little Britain with the lady that created huge puddles of piss while taking to people. Scary that there seem to be people who do that in real life...

Thanks for the link.

Her birth story made me cry. I know that is ridiculous, but I always cry when reading those. It's weird that she peed everywhere, but it sounds like a long, horrendous labor.

"Well, I'm going to use it to sit on you until you shut the fuck up about it already. How does that sound?"

ChickyMonkey, I just have to say that this cracked me up.

I understand about not really caring about things while in drug-free* labor, as I (who agonized for weeks trying to figure out how to wear a bra while laboring but then take it off with ease for the first cuddles and nursing) basically threw my bathrobe off upon entering the labor room and spent the next three hours walking around naked as a jaybird. I didn't care who saw me, didn't care what I looked like, and didn't care about all the pictures being taken. I hurt and I wanted my baby out of me!

*Not saying that a labor with drugs doesn't hurt. I just compare my sister's labor during her epidural to my labor without and once she had the epidural in she was in a lot better of a mood!

I understand about not really caring about things while in drug-free* labor, as I (who agonized for weeks trying to figure out how to wear a bra while laboring but then take it off with ease for the first cuddles and nursing) basically threw my bathrobe off upon entering the labor room and spent the next three hours walking around naked as a jaybird. I didn't care who saw me, didn't care what I looked like, and didn't care about all the pictures being taken. I hurt and I wanted my baby out of me!

*Not saying that a labor with drugs doesn't hurt. I just compare my sister's labor during her epidural to my labor without and once she had the epidural in she was in a lot better of a mood!

I was nekkid as a jaybird as well. My mother at one point told me to cover up. I told her to go F*ck herself. (I was SAUCY!!)

I just swore a lot. I remember that. I didn't piss myself or all over the floor, although I distinctly remember wondering why the hell the rooms in the birthing center were carpeted....

I was hoping maybe it had been her water breaking (since that's what mine were like - I got up four times to "go to the bathroom" before I realized maybe it wasn't me needing to urinate, but then I called a nurse and asked for advice) but then I got to the point where it said they had to break it artificially.

The birth story is sad because 1) long 2) kind of creepy obsession with documenting/broadcasting everything labor-related and 3) looking at the picture of the three of them in the tub, and the smile on TH's face and knowing where it goes... depressing.

I just can't imagine being in labor that long - mine, from start to finish, clocked in at about six hours (but I also never had false or irregular contractions, they just showed up) from first contraction to crying baby, so maybe I am not a good person to judge what's "normal" for labor.

ThatWife is currently featured on someones food blog, talking about whats in her fridge.

But here is the big news FJ:

JA: We put a TV in our kitchen, and now I watch shows like The Mentalist and Project Runway while I’m cooking. This helps me look forward to spending time preparing food for my family (and cleaning it up again).

I've done a lot of cooking over the years. I have no idea how one can cook and watch TV at the same time. I guess I'm not as smart as ThatWife :oops: , its easier for me to use the radio or have the stereo on.

edited to add:

She's having mashed potatoes with a vegetarian lasagna :roll: tomorrow.

ThatWife is currently featured on someones food blog, talking about whats in her fridge.

JA: We put a TV in our kitchen, and now I watch shows like The Mentalist and Project Runway while I’m cooking. This helps me look forward to spending time preparing food for my family (and cleaning it up again).

I've done a lot of cooking over the years. I have no idea how one can cook and watch TV at the same time. I guess I'm not as smart as ThatWife :oops: , its easier for me to use the radio or have the stereo on.

edited to add:

She's having mashed potatoes with a vegetarian lasagna :roll:

I can't fault her for that. When I'm spending a lot of time in the kitchen, I bring my laptop in there and watch something on Hulu. I hate the layout of our house (thankfully, it's a rental that we have no intention of staying in). The kitchen is so closed off from the rest of the house - it was built in 1870, so it makes sense - that even though I love to cook, I hate being in there for extended periods of time.

I used to bring my computer into my big kitchen, to look up stuff, but I'm a bit of a slob so I would never keep it there long for fear of spillage. I also had a great view from that kitchen so I did have welcome visuals. But I am the kind of person who can't walk and chew gum, I'd probably be missing a few digits if I had a TV in my kitchen KR.

I've set up a lap top and watched something online for some cooking tasks like peeling potatoes. But for everyday cooking I don't think it would work well.

edited to add:

She's having mashed potatoes with a vegetarian lasagna :roll: tomorrow.

I spent all day today in the kitchen today, cooking for Thanksgiving, and watching/listening to Gone With The Wind marathon.

I hope she picks the lock and goes on a cheese bender. That woman does not need another baby!

Does anyone have her address? I will purchase a Cheese of the Week subscription if it means her headship won't impregnate her again anytime soon. FJ does more than just call CPS! We care!

(I promised I was going to stay off this thread, but I got an itchy finger).

I'm in awe of you multi taskers in the kitchen :clap:

Angri-la, she had at least 6 containers of cheese (grated/shaved) in the freezer. I looked closely at the shelves in her fridge but could not find the locking baggie with the cheese.

Even as I type I'm munching on cheese

I'm in awe of you multi taskers in the kitchen :clap:

Angri-la, she had at least 6 containers of cheese (grated/shaved) in the freezer. I looked closely at the shelves in her fridge but could not find the locking baggie with the cheese.

Even as I type I'm munching on cheese

I am eating Brie and Anjou pears with a nice glass of sparkling white wine.

LET HER EAT CHEESE!

I was really thinking of her when I was buying cheese for tomorrow cheese plate. :lol:

But seriously WTF is up with a vegetable lasagna (cheese) and mashed potatoes as a side???

I was really thinking of her when I was buying cheese for tomorrow cheese plate. :lol:

But seriously WTF is up with a vegetable lasagna (cheese) and mashed potatoes as a side???

Sounds like she took menu lessons from Candy

Hmm. She submits to her husband's authority, and she really likes cheese. Has anyone called her a cheese-eating surrender monkey yet?

Hmm. She submits to her husband's authority, and she really likes cheese. Has anyone called her a cheese-eating surrender monkey yet?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Man, if anyone ever tried to control what I ate, I would mutiny. Especially if they tried to take my cheese away. My yummy, yummy cheese.

Archived