IGNORED

New Blog alert...This one will be fun! - Jacinda

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that and it made.no.sense. He basically gave the Christians among us a free pass (or was that an attempt at sarcasm?) and then asked the atheists if they go to church on Sunday only? Did I get that right? lolz. Also, ya know, there *are* other religions. It isn't like either you are a Christian or an atheist.

And this:

This really has been a lesson for us, and for that I thank the FJ(?) folks. It is amazing that we can actually have hard feelings against people who clearly have not been around Christ-like Christians, but rather those who claim the name of Christ but yet live for themselves.

I don't quite understand what he is saying... but I certainly hope he is not lumping his baby-beating wife and his child-abuse-abetting self into the category of Christ-like while suggesting that the perfect strangers who are more concerned about his child than he is are the hypocrites. Oh no he didn't.

These kids are what? 20? They need to get a little life experience before they can set up their internet advice shops.

Not to mention, what the heck is appropriate about telling a child she "may not have a temper?"

And what one-year-old would understand that instruction, in any case?

FJers always come across, when these things flare up, as being so caring about children and babies.

Funny how the offended Fundies (offundies? :lol: ) never quote those posts.

I can't fathom how one "disciplines" a baby that young. The only effective thing is redirecting.

LOLOLOL! Almost woke the baby up laughing!

Glad you liked it!

Even gladder that, if said baby had awakened and cried, you would not assume it was due to SIN!

OK, I just got through actually reading this whole thread.

- I believe what she says about disciplining != spanking or hitting. She seems to really love her kids. I think though, that her idea that she must look out for sin while her child is sick is terrible. Over-disciplining vs spoiling a sick child--these seem to be different categories of wrong for me. It's very Pearl-ish (NOT Biblical) to think that "sparing the rod" ONCE, under circumstances in which your child is so sick, will have a lasting impact on your child's behavior. I mean, so what? So you spoil your child more than she needs to be while she's sick? So she acts like a brat for the next week? You'll revert back to regular discipline when she's well and you're not feeling sorry for her, and she'll relearn the lay of the land in a short amount of time. If you let your child whine a whole hour longer than they should be allowed, at the age of one, on Christmas day, she's not doomed to run off with a tatooed Harley-riding leather jacket wearing marijuana distributor when she's sixteen. I mean, who knows, maybe she didn't "discipline" her child at all during that time. But she said that was the thing she worried most about. I feel sorry for her--having a sick child and missing Christmas seem bad enough. But on top of that to think that you're failing at motherhood because making a single mistake in discipline is seen as ruining your child's life? That really sucks.

Brad doesn't give anyone a free pass but focus only on Christians.

Brad said...

And the husband arrives on the scene :)

This really has been a lesson for us, and for that I thank the FJ(?) folks. It is amazing that we can actually have hard feelings against people who clearly have not been around Christ-like Christians, but rather those who claim the name of Christ but yet live for themselves.

(I do recognize that FJ is made up of shining Christians much more godly than us, as well as those who are self-prefessed atheists, so I'm not addressing that to the godly ones who have spoken peace and blessing, just the ones who must debase themselves by communicating with excessive vulgarity)

So Lesson #1 is Am I as a Christian preaching a false gospel to those around me? A "gospel" that says Sunday for a few hours is church, and the rest of the week is me-time and God has nothing to say about how I live? Is my daily walk reflecting what I profess with my lips, or are the two so disjointed that those who know me as a Christian think that a Christian is one who says one thing, and does what pleases himself?

Also, a big thank you to those who have spent their time composing emails and comments of encouragement as well as those who expressed a desire for more of Jacinda's writing. 1 comment of encouragement outweighs several thousand disparaging ones. It's neat to be part of a worldview where we get together to build each other up, rather than getting together to tear others down.

And as we are saying, let us really pray, not just say so online and then gossip about how mean "those people" are, and pray fervently, humbly,(James 5:16) and expect great things from our great God.(Eph. 3:20,21)

Jacinda's very blessed husband,

Brad

Hey Brad, You want to know what I do after church? I devote my time, money, energy to Christ. Fair warning I and my husband have been volunteering for the very people Christ asked us to in the bible for over 20 years. Granted sometimes it is less but most times it is at 40 hours a week for nothing more than giving of my heart and Jesus's love to fellow human beings who most wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I also did all while being a wife, mother to 5 and still was able to be a stay at home mother since I took my sons with me to serve others. So, Brad, what do you do after church?

Brad said...

And the husband arrives on the scene :)

(I do recognize that FJ is made up of shining Christians much more godly than us, as well as those who are self-prefessed atheists, so I'm not addressing that to the godly ones who have spoken peace and blessing, just the ones who must debase themselves by communicating with excessive vulgarity)

So Lesson #1 is Am I as a Christian preaching a false gospel to those around me? A "gospel" that says Sunday for a few hours is church, and the rest of the week is me-time and God has nothing to say about how I live? Is my daily walk reflecting what I profess with my lips, or are the two so disjointed that those who know me as a Christian think that a Christian is one who says one thing, and does what pleases himself?

Also, a big thank you to those who have spent their time composing emails and comments of encouragement as well as those who expressed a desire for more of Jacinda's writing. 1 comment of encouragement outweighs several thousand disparaging ones. It's neat to be part of a worldview where we get together to build each other up, rather than getting together to tear others down.

And as we are saying, let us really pray, not just say so online and then gossip about how mean "those people" are, and pray fervently, humbly,(James 5:16) and expect great things from our great God.(Eph. 3:20,21)

Jacinda's very blessed husband,

Brad

Christians believe that Christ = God, so describing yourself as Christlike is the same thing as thinking of yourself as Godlike. I don't know, but that doesn't exactly seem humble to me. In fact, it seems like the pinnacle of arrogance, even if Brad didn't intend for it to come across that way. I have far more respect for Christians who see themselves as no better than everyone else.

I also think it's incredibly weak that they're always going on and on about persecution. Disagreement does not equal persecution. When you write PUBLIC blog entries, people are going to disagree with you. That's life. If you don't like it, don't blog. It's as simple as that. Saying that you're being persecuted is an insult to people who have actually died for their faith.

Did Brad "the blessed husband" actually say the "thousands" of negative emails? Srsly I would guess mays tens of negative emails from FJ. You would think someone had been killed by a gay, defrauded, unmarried, working, pagan, woman by the way they are (over) reacting.

I have far more respect for Christians who see themselves as no better than everyone else.

Because Christians are not better than anyone else and nor is any other religion better than those with different or without religious beliefs. We are all created the same and deserve the same chance at life.

ETA, removed some stuff that might upset someone or someone who may think differently than I do.

Brad doesn't give anyone a free pass but focus only on Christians.

Hey Brad, You want to know what I do after church? I devote my time, money, energy to Christ. Fair warning I and my husband have been volunteering for the very people Christ asked us to in the bible for over 20 years. Granted sometimes it is less but most times it is at 40 hours a week for nothing more than giving of my heart and Jesus's love to fellow human beings who most wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I also did all while being a wife, mother to 5 and still was able to be a stay at home mother since I took my sons with me to serve others. So, Brad, what do you do after church?

How old is Brad because he comes off as a very immature, self-absorbed twit who thinks a great deal of himself. And Brad, dear, since I know you are reading here, there are plenty of former fundies here who were hurt deeply by people like Doug Phillips, Geoff Botkins, the Pearls and Bill Gothard. It isn't that we haven't been exposed to these people and therefore haven't seen the light, it is that we have been exposed to them, hurt by them, and now see how evil they really are. And yeah, I actually do think that even the non-Christians here are much more godly than you two. What exactly are you two doing to make this world a better place besides writing melodramatic blog posts about how persecuted you are because people dared to disagree with you, bashing gay people, and trying to train the emotions out of your children?

It's neat to be part of a worldview where we get together to build each other up, rather than getting together to tear others down.

Unless you are gay and then they are totally cool with tearing you to shreds. They are just like Jesus, it is so clear now. He was only nice to people who were exactly like him. That was the whole point of the Good Samaritan story, right? Only build up people who are just like you. :doh:

Unless you are gay and then they are totally cool with tearing you to shreds. They are just like Jesus, it is so clear now. He was only nice to people who were exactly like him. That was the whole point of the Good Samaritan story, right? Only build up people who are just like you. :doh:

She must be freaking out over the same-sex marriage ruling in New York.

New York to Jacinda: "Drop Dead"

I'm sure my fellow old people will get that.

I am kind of cracking up at how dramatic she is being about FJ snarking.

People have made fun of me on the Internet before, and you know what I did? Told my hubby or my best friend and told them I was sad about it, then got over it.

She seems to be trying to make this an anti-Christian issue and make herself a miserable martyr and it is so inaccurate that it's hilarious!

Also, I fucking hate when fundie women bloggers bring in their husbands to comment on issues or reply to comments or kind of rule over things. Reminds me of when Lina's "Tony" started posting on her blog and his posts sucked!

Who is "RightThinker"? She posted that she was "hijacked" this week. She's from Idaho, so it can't be Jessica/TheChad, right??? She went private a long time ago.

Dammit, I always get to the good snark late.

I literally LOLed when I read her prayer that we continue to find Godly homemaker blogs, etc. so that we might See The Light.

Sweetheart, I'm sure every member here has read hundreds of these blog entries using every argument imaginable. If we still think this is bullshit after reading the best you all can do, we're going to continue thinking it's bullshit.

GUIDE TO NOT BEING SNARKED ON BY FJ

1. Do not pretend to know everything, especially when you are under 70 years old.

2. Do not write about how your way is the correct way, and everyone else is wrong sinning evil outside the light of god

3. Do not discuss beating children or anything that can be misconstrued as such. While youre at it, dont hit them at all, ever.

4. If you are pregnant, go to the fucking doctor. If you are having a homebirth, have someone who is licensed present.

5. If you insist on homeskooling your children understand that you are not, in any way shape or form, giving your kids a better education than they would get from a real school. If you do not like public school, find a private school. Albert Einstein couldnt have taught grammar so dont pretend you're smarter than he was.

6. Never quote the pearls.

7. Do not use a noun as a verb.

8. Do not use your older children to take care of your younger children because you are tired pregnant overwhelmed admitting there are too many convinced they like it training them to be good mommies.

9. FJ members do not need your prayers. Many of us have a much better understanding of god than you ever will.

10. Do not whine about being persecuted because we pointed out holes in your logic or called you out on poor parenting.

1. Do not pretend to know everything, especially when you are under 70 years old.

2. Do not write about how your way is the correct way, and everyone else is wrong sinning evil outside the light of god

3. Do not discuss beating children or anything that can be misconstrued as such. While youre at it, dont hit them at all, ever.

4. If you are pregnant, go to the fucking doctor. If you are having a homebirth, have someone who is licensed present.

5. If you insist on homeskooling your children understand that you are not, in any way shape or form, giving your kids a better education than they would get from a real school. If you do not like public school, find a private school. Albert Einstein couldnt have taught grammar so dont pretend you're smarter than he was.

8. Do not use your older children to take care of your younger children because you are tired pregnant overwhelmed admitting there are too many convinced they like it training them to be good mommies.

9. FJ members do not need your prayers. Many of us have a much better understanding of god than you ever will.

10. Do not whine about being persecuted because we pointed out holes in your logic or called you out on poor parenting.

Awesome!!! :clap: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Hahah! Make a whole new thread for this post!

Post Three regarding FJ is up. She sure talks about us a lot, for somebody who isn't gonna talk about us anymore.

I love how she basically challenges us to leave our names as if I haven't done that since the first time I wrote to tell her that children who are sick enough to go to the hospital need love not discipline.

Code Halo!!!! We are being persecuted! Man your prayer stations!

Archived