IGNORED

New Blog alert...This one will be fun! - Jacinda

I can't imagine being married at *does quick calculation* 18 and having 2 kids. I know that's pretty mild compared to some of the fundies we snark on, but I just can't get past that. At 18, you're supposed to be spending time with friends, enjoying your first year of college (if you choose to go), finding a job...sigh. Just my 2 cents, though.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes. I read her blog with horrified fascination because our kids are almost exactly the same age (but I'm almost 10 years older than she is - ha!). She is one sick puppy.

The title of her blog alone is enough to make me gag.

I was just coming here to say that...of all the craptastic self-deprecating/self-laudatory "kingdom work" blog titles out there, this one takes it. Where will it end? Cheery Christian Cook? Headship's Happy Helpmeet? Super Sweet Shitter-Scrubber?

I don't know about all the answers to these questions, but I do know this... the person who wrote these questions wrote them because she is sick... a sick human being who has been so twisted by this crap form of religion that she frets over how to punish an extremely ill young child. :angry-steamingears: I mean, this is truly sickness. There simply must be some sort of imbalance of the mind to spend so much time obseessing over whether your 1 year old is misbehaving because she's a sinner or manipulating you through crying.

So, dear Jacinda, I'm sure you will find us someday and I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart: Fuck You. Your children deserve better.

(I apparently have no patience for this crap today.)

I'm surprised that I didn't turn my sons into hypochondriacs with the way I doted on them while sick or recovering from ingury or surgery. I think most mothers give a little extra spoiling to their hurting child/ren and would never think that their sick child is trying to be bad or control them. I just can't wrap my head around this, if my child is sick, he needs extra special attention not this crap. Poor baby girl just needed her mother to love on her.

She's the sickest she's ever been, but we're so thankful she seems to be on the mend now. The hardest part for me is knowing when and how to discipline a sick child who's still too young to reason with. Is she misbehaving because she's over tired, or because she's actually a sinner? Is she whining because her throat hurts, or because she wants her own way? Is she crying because something doesn't feel right, or because she's trying to wrap me around her finger? Or is it a combination of both?

If she's too young to reason with, then she's too young to reason at all. In other words, she's behaving the way she does because she's sick and sore and doesn't understand it.

Stop fretting over this minor bullshit and treating everything your kid does as an invitation to rumble. Stop being so selfish and stupid as to fear manipulation by a sick one-year-old. For fuck's sake.

She's on to us! An anonymous person tipped her off...but no worries, she's going to pray for us...specifically that we are assaulted by her type of Christianity every time we turn around...yikes! :roll:

"My vision for it was that those who are unfamiliar with biblical femininity and glorious homemaking might stumble across it one day and be encouraged to give this radically different lifestyle a try."

Honey, that's why so many different kinds of people, snarkers or no, frequent FJ... because anything that degrades and harms women and children like your lifestyle isn't biblical OR glorious, and is in fact a dangerous cult. I do hope you will continue praying about all this, and that God will open your eyes to the real truth, and that you will let Him.

Oooo. she quoted me!!! I feel speshul.

ETA: could she be more full of herself in that post?? "Oh they all need my pity because they aren't just exactly like me! If only they could find Jesus...let us pray." Vomit. Really, be more condescending. That will win tons of people over to glorious homemaking! (I'm a homemaker and there's not much glorious about scrubbing toilets and changing poop diaps all day)

Goshdarnit, she got rid of the post on disciplining sick babies. At least my link doesn't work and I can't find it in the archives.

If your actions are so wonderful, why erase your post? I mean, are you ashamed of being cruel to a sick child? I would be, but then I would never blog about it... or do it in the first place.

Goshdarnit, she got rid of the post on disciplining sick babies. At least my link doesn't work and I can't find it in the archives.

If your actions are so wonderful, why erase your post? I mean, are you ashamed of being cruel to a sick child? I would be, but then I would never blog about it... or do it in the first place.

How can she freak about our snarking but then basically validate it by removing the post most of us were upset by? Derp.

I just went to her blog and boy is she in a snit. My oh my. ANd she gave us the fundie fuck off, I notices. :) ouShe isn't having a pity party though (I don't buy it).

Ya know, I thought I read all the comments here and I don't remember anyone saying they wanted to "f***" her. (just had to use her way of typing it. I don't know what possessed me.

I just love how she wants to pray for my "lost soul". Oh goody! I feel so blessed. :lol:

I have a much better summer reading list for her:

The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood

The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine

Common Sense by Thomas Paine

The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

The Discipline Book by Dr. William and Martha Sears

The US Constitution

and for fun: Anything by Selena Kitt

I am so bad....

What is wrong with dressing your baby/toddler in purple? We did with all 5 of our sons and when they wore a purple sweatop with matching purple sweat pants we called them our little grapes. Hey! I didn't say it was right or funny but our babies looked amazing in purple.

What is wrong with dressing your baby/toddler in purple? We did with all 5 of our sons and when they wore a purple sweatop with matching purple sweat pants we called them our little grapes. Hey! I didn't say it was right or funny but our babies looked amazing in purple.

Ha! I had a total stranger get upset with me once for dressing my son in a purple tshirt and purple shorts(it was a Garanimals type outfit). It made no difference that the shirt had a ginormous yellow dinosaur on it AND he was wearing boy's tennis shoes. She told me how cute my daughter was, and I said "Thank you, but she's a boy". I wasn't upset that she mistook him for a girl, but she certainly got upset and basically told me her mistake was my fault because I dressed him in purple.

Here's a truly special tidbit:

While I think the husband in that situation may have a whole other issues that need to be dealt with (i.e. selfishness, the role of a woman, a lesson or two on the blessing of children and how to help your wife become a better helpmeet by sharing the role of parenthood, taking leadership, sharing the load of discipleship, etc.), the woman is still to be submissive to her husband in all things except for those rare instances when a husband may command outside his sphere of authority.

It truly saddens my heart when I hear of husbands who are forcing their wives to take birth-control, especially when the reasons for doing so are anything but medical. There's a lot that could be said about how having more children is actually good for you both financially, physically, emotionally, etc., but regardless of all that, if our husband is asking us to do something than we must obey.

While being completely submissive, we can still pray that his heart will change. We are also allowed to make an appeal (if done properly) but I don't believe in this case that we have the right to usurp authority over the man by either disobeying his commands, disrespecting his decision, or nagging him otherwise.

By refusing to follow the our husband's leading, we are essentially becoming heads of our own households, even when we take what may be the higher ground in believing that using birth control or spacing children through careful planning is not trusting God.

happylittlehomemaker.org/2010/03/helpmeet-or-mother-is-there-order-of.html

She then goes on to quote the mother of all morons, pearl... :doh:

Here's a truly special tidbit:

While I think the husband in that situation may have a whole other issues that need to be dealt with (i.e. selfishness, the role of a woman, a lesson or two on the blessing of children and how to help your wife become a better helpmeet by sharing the role of parenthood, taking leadership, sharing the load of discipleship, etc.), the woman is still to be submissive to her husband in all things except for those rare instances when a husband may command outside his sphere of authority.

It truly saddens my heart when I hear of husbands who are forcing their wives to take birth-control, especially when the reasons for doing so are anything but medical. There's a lot that could be said about how having more children is actually good for you both financially, physically, emotionally, etc., but regardless of all that, if our husband is asking us to do something than we must obey.

While being completely submissive, we can still pray that his heart will change. We are also allowed to make an appeal (if done properly) but I don't believe in this case that we have the right to usurp authority over the man by either disobeying his commands, disrespecting his decision, or nagging him otherwise.

By refusing to follow the our husband's leading, we are essentially becoming heads of our own households, even when we take what may be the higher ground in believing that using birth control or spacing children through careful planning is not trusting God.

happylittlehomemaker.org/2010/03/helpmeet-or-mother-is-there-order-of.html

She then goes on to quote the mother of all morons, pearl... :doh:

Don't these people believe that birth control = murder? So a husband can command his wife to murder? What WOULD be outside his sphere of authority in that case?

Ha! I had a total stranger get upset with me once for dressing my son in a purple tshirt and purple shorts(it was a Garanimals type outfit). It made no difference that the shirt had a ginormous yellow dinosaur on it AND he was wearing boy's tennis shoes. She told me how cute my daughter was, and I said "Thank you, but she's a boy". I wasn't upset that she mistook him for a girl, but she certainly got upset and basically told me her mistake was my fault because I dressed him in purple.

LOL, I just had a similar thing happen! I had my baby out a few weeks ago wearing a white onesie with elephants on it. A woman was telling me how cute my little girl was and I just said "oh thanks" till she asked his name and I said "er...Max. He's a boy." She got SO upset that he was a boy! I couldn't have cared less, I mean he was something like 7 weeks old and you really can't tell at that age but this woman acted like she was the one offended that I would dress my son in neutral colors. People are funny.

Is it just me, or does the cover of "Future Men" (from the reading list) look like some kind of NAMBLA poster? Two nearly-naked, slender pubescent boys wrestling? If they were grown men it would be totally homoerotic. I have to wonder what the leanings of the authors are!

So I read this paragraph:

Isn't that neat?! So I though to myself, how can I bless these poor women who don't know what it means to have the love of Jesus reigning in their hearts? Will you do something with me? Let's pray for them! Pray that they would continue to "stumble" across irritatingly biblical blogs, bump into godly homemakers wherever they go, be confronted with the power of God's Word when they're trying to fall asleep at night, "accidentally" turn on the radio to Christian Psalms or Hymns which speak of the salvation to be found in Jesus Christ, until they recognize the error of their way and when brought to the end of themselves, are left fleeing to the Father who stand waiting with open arms.

I'm sorry. I can't be blessed. I'm never going ot have the love of Jesus reigning in my heart - certainly not by stumbling on your blog or Christian radio. I went to church for years. I went to Christian camp. I went Bible study classes. I did all of this and Jesus never spoke to me, never reached out to me, never reigned anywhere not matter how much I sought Him. In fact, the more I sought, the more the whole story stopped making sense and the less I wanted anything to do with it. I guess I can't be saved. Too bad. I guess after I come home from my well-paying job I will settle my heathen ass into my child-free home and go have some nookie with my so-very-beloved-equal partner of a non-practicing Jew husband.

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. She sounds like there's a national emergency. Yeah kid, you got snarked on...the world isn't going to end. I promise. And don't bother praying for me....I sold my soul to the devil years ago :twisted:

Dear Jacinda,

I too am a Christian woman, I married at 18 and had 2 sons by the time I was twenty. I'm not going to judge you for that as I think a lot of women are mature enough to handle marriage and motherhood at such an age. But I will judge you on using Jesus to look at your sick child and think/question that she is using you in sin. That is just sick and twisted to think that a baby could think in such a way let alone such an evil way. Never once in my 22 years of motherhood have I thought any of my 5 children were using their illness as a way to control myself or my husband, I beg of you to read your bible again on what Jesus has to say about such a thing. You will notice that he never once says that little children are sinfull but born in sin. There is a difference.

By the way, please save your prayers for those who need it. This board is full of praying Christians, other religions and folks without a need to have your or anyone elses prayers. We are also not a hive of just women, we have lots of male posters to too so please don't exclued our headships of this board.

I wish I could un-read that bit about disciplining her manipulating, sinful, sick baby. I just cried at work and tried to play it off as something in my contacts.

How the hell does she "discipline" her baby anyway, who by her own admission can't even be "reasoned with" yet? I probably don't want to hear the answer...

I wish I could un-read that bit about disciplining her manipulating, sinful, sick baby. I just cried at work and tried to play it off as something in my contacts.

How the hell does she "discipline" her baby anyway, who by her own admission can't even be "reasoned with" yet? I probably don't want to hear the answer...

They had just brought the poor little angel home from the hospital that morning. I can't imagine how confused and scared that poor baby must have been.

And her commenters are patting her on the back for the most part :cry:

Left a message on her blog. I doubt she'll approve it, so here it is. I may have gotten a little carried away, but this woman bugs me like no other. And I'm not in the mood for like kind of crap today.

"I hope you realize that we (yes, the women of that so-called godless forum) are not snarking on you with the hopes that you will then turn around and pray for us. We snark on people like you because of the horrifying things you do (calling your ill child a sinner and debating whether or not to discipline (read: beat) her) and the life that you want to force the rest of us to live (women at home with no jobs, lack of free will with social issues- yes I'm talking health care, gay rights, abortion, birth control). In no way shape or form do I EVER want to be like you. And your "please pray for them" deal is the Christian version of saying "f**** you" so why don't you just say it rather than hiding behind the Bible and acting like the poor put upon Christian woman, because it is NOT becoming."

Archived