IGNORED

New Blog alert...This one will be fun! - Jacinda

She posted it! I guess she is going for full persecution now because she never would post them in the past. She would have Brad post a "finger-wag" at the big meanie who questioned her perfect wisdom.

Her daughter is absolutely gorgeous and they obviously love her but that hasn't stopped many of the crazies in the past.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she's too young to reason with, then she's too young to reason at all. In other words, she's behaving the way she does because she's sick and sore and doesn't understand it.

Stop fretting over this minor bullshit and treating everything your kid does as an invitation to rumble. Stop being so selfish and stupid as to fear manipulation by a sick one-year-old. For fuck's sake.

:text-goodpost:

I have always wanted this blog to remain public. My vision for it was that those who are unfamiliar with biblical femininity and glorious homemaking might stumble across it one day and be encouraged to give this radically different lifestyle a try. So you can imagine the hurt when I was anonomously tipped off to the discussion taking place {RIGHT HERE}. (Thank you, whomever, for bringing it to my attention) Some of the things they're saying on there:

Was it Mrs. B by chance?

Whichever lurker it was needs to stop being a tattle-tale.

Was it Mrs. B by chance?

Whichever lurker it was needs to stop being a tattle-tale.

Heh. I don't have a problem with it. Let them come check it out.

If she's so virtuous and "right" and we are so wrong, why take down the post we were taking her to task for? Spineless. It's also interesting she only quoted the posts (or parts of the posts) that didn't reference that post in particular.

I officially cannot stand this woman. Is she freaking kidding me?! I only read a few of her posts but they all annoyed the crap out of me equally.

I'm Christian and yes, one day want to get married and have children. Please, PLEASE tell me why these people think it's so WRONG for me, as a woman, to want to go to school and get an education? What is wrong with me wanting to work? I plan on taking time off of work when I have children. But as soon as my youngest child is in school, I want to go back to work. But this would make me a terrible, Christian woman, wouldn't it? They "snark" on us, too. Just in a different way. An "acceptable" way. Hiding behind God and using their religion and the Bible as a reason to dislike and disapprove of others that aren't like them. That's what makes me sick. Pray for me all you want, but I'm pretty sure God isn't mad at me for wanting a career. Has it ever crossed any of their minds that maybe God's plan for me is to be a wife and mother AND graduate from college and have a successful job?

Stop hiding behind God and using Him as an excuse to be prejudiced.

She posted it! I guess she is going for full persecution now because she never would post them in the past. She would have Brad post a "finger-wag" at the big meanie who questioned her perfect wisdom.

Did she delete it already? I don't see it.

I love how disagreeing with Jacinda= poor, lost soul, doomed to spend eternity without Jesus :angelic-blueglow:

It appears that she did delete it and did not post my comment. I asked her why she took down her blog post from December about disciplining her sick daughter. There must be a cache version somewhere.

It appears that she did delete it and did not post my comment. I asked her why she took down her blog post from December about disciplining her sick daughter. There must be a cache version somewhere.

I'd like to read this blog. I've only seen excerpts posted on this site. What exactly did she do to her daughter? I've been around many sick children, and if her daughter was as sick as she claimed, I'm pretty sure that getting her mother "wrapped around her finger" was the last thing on her mind. How can these people preach that children are a blessing and then act like they're curse? I hate that they say they "train" their children. No. Umm. You train a dog. Not a child. You raise and love your child.

I've had sick kids... you are usually so happy to see age appropriate behavior (like defiance in a toddler's case) because it means they are getting better.

I am always so glad they are okay that they can do no wrong for several weeks afterward. I just want to hold them, love them, and be thankful you still can.

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. She sounds like there's a national emergency. Yeah kid, you got snarked on...the world isn't going to end. I promise. And don't bother praying for me....I sold my soul to the devil years ago

Would that be a code halo?

She just posted this as a comment:

There seems to be major confusion on the online forum over the word "discipline." I just wanted to define the term to clear things up.

Disciplining our children does not mean that we beat, abuse, scream at, or intentionally hurt them in any way, shape, or form. God forbid we ever do that. When we speak of "discipline," we're using it in the biblical context which means to lovingly correct and instruct.

Kindly telling our daughter that she may not have a temper is a form of discipline.

If that's truly all they did, then why remove the post about her sick daughter?

She just posted this as a comment:

There seems to be major confusion on the online forum over the word "discipline." I just wanted to define the term to clear things up.

Disciplining our children does not mean that we beat, abuse, scream at, or intentionally hurt them in any way, shape, or form. God forbid we ever do that. When we speak of "discipline," we're using it in the biblical context which means to lovingly correct and instruct.

Kindly telling our daughter that she may not have a temper is a form of discipline.

If that's truly all they did, then why remove the post about her sick daughter?

She didn't indicate having hit her daughter - although she is a fan of the Pearls, so it was reasonable to assume until she pointed out otherwise that she agreed with some of their child-rearing methods (which famously include whacking infants).

That said, I don't think she abused a one-year-old. I just think she gave the kid way too much credit, then came up with a completely asinine assumption as a result.

I mean seriously - asinine. That's the only way I can describe it.

Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck if her discipline is gently whispering "no" -- that wasn't my issue. Like Burris said, the only reason to even guess that she uses corporal discipline is because she likes the Pearls. I'm not going to make such loaded assumptions about her method of discipline. My issue is this absurd agonizing over whether a one year old is attempting to manipulate her by crying or having a temper tantrum when said one year old is: a. one year old and b. by her own admission, incredibly ill.

Someone else said it earlier -- one year olds don't have the cognitive ability to manipulate. Learn something about your own child's development, why don't you?

I've had sick kids... you are usually so happy to see age appropriate behavior (like defiance in a toddler's case) because it means they are getting better.

I am always so glad they are okay that they can do no wrong for several weeks afterward. I just want to hold them, love them, and be thankful you still can.

Well said.

I feel this way about my kids. I have a 12 year old with epilepsy. The medicine he takes to control his seizures really took away from his personality and made him quiet, mindful and well mannered. But that isn't his true personality. Usually he's loud, a bit sassy and silly silly silly! After he was on the medicine for a while, his real personality came back and I was freaking THRILLED to get some sass from him, THRILLED that he couldn't always control his behavior and laughter and SO HAPPY to see that spark in his eye again.

And sure, when my 9 year old is having an asthma attack, he gets really needy and whines a lot. But is he trying to manipulate me? NO! He's just trying to breath. :roll:

This woman has her priorities backwards.

You can still see it cached on Google.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fS5qHDmMV50J:www.happylittlehomemaker.org/2010/12/when-things-dont-go-as-planned.html+happy+little+homemaker+discipline+sick&hl=en&gl=us&strip=0

Edited to breakup link

From Jacinda's blog: She's the sickest she's ever been, but we're so thankful she seems to be on the mend now. The hardest part for me is knowing when and how to discipline a sick child who's still too young to reason with. Is she misbehaving because she's over tired, or because she's actually a sinner? Is she whining because her throat hurts, or because she wants her own way? Is she crying because something doesn't feel right, or because she's trying to wrap me around her finger? Or is it a combination of both?

No I don't think she abused Charity. The little girl is adorable and is obviously loved but I worry about people who follow the Pearls.

ZzOMG, FJ is taking away all my friends! She posted on Jacinda's blog comments re: the evils of FJ and meanies on the internet so I checked out her blog:

I've lost the zest for blogging.... You can't post about anything controversial or deep in opinion any more as there are many folks out there ready and armed to attack. There is one site that is especially hateful and is causing many bloggers to go private. Three of the blogs I've followed for a while have gone private. There is another Christian mother being targeted by that blog. I believe it is their goal to get all of us Christians out of the blog world.

simplyblessed5.blogspot.com/2011/06/life.html

This is nothing exciting compared to the eye-popping sick toddler post, but it really shows how deep the gender role thinking goes:

happylittlehomemaker.org/2010/12/calling-all-mothers-of-young-daughters.html

Didn't bother to break the link since she knows about this discussion already.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting that she assumed mothers of young *daughters* would know about play kitchens. I have a son a little older than her daughter, and he LOVES his play kitchen. Since when is cooking a girl only skill? Men eat, therefore they should cook.

From the comments:

"The Bible says that we will go through trials and tribulations."

You're kidding right? THIS qualifies as a "trial and tribulations"????

"Biblical Femininity should be something that is more respected than it is. It should be something that all women should strive for!"

Or not. And it's not her "biblical femininity" we're talking about.

"I am so glad that there are blogs out there like yours that help women get back onto the path God designed for women to walk!"

Because there's only one path, and 20 year old Jacinda is here to tell us where to find it.

I looked through some of her blog. I saw right away that she is a Pearl fan. She reminds me of Jessica aka Latisha. She will probably have 5 kids by the time she is 27.

I've been reading some of the comments on here, and personally, I find them extremely rude and some rather disgusting. I think we all need to look at ourselves. We all have our own beliefs, our own personal opinions and preferences, so why the need to go and bash someone who you may differ with? You're not building anyone up, or benefiting anyone in doing so, just making yourself feel better by making fun of something you don't agree with.

I personally know Jacinda...the "20-year old girl" who is very happily married and very much in love with her husband, who if I may say so, is such a strong leader and sweet father and husband. They have two beautiful children, and are trying their very best to be the best examples they can be so they can grow up in a happy home.

When you make sarcastic, derogatory remarks and tear apart everything that she posts or writes about just because you don't agree with her, you're in a sense, doing exactly the same thing. She has her beliefs which she wants to share because that's what she believes is right, and you have yours. They may be completely opposite, but what makes you any better than her? What makes your opinions and thoughts more acceptable than hers? Nothing.

I think we should maybe try and stop acting so childishly and stop tearing people down when you really have absolutely no idea who they are or what they are like as real human beings..

I've been reading some of the comments on here, and personally, I find them extremely rude and some rather disgusting. I think we all need to look at ourselves. We all have our own beliefs, our own personal opinions and preferences, so why the need to go and bash someone who you may differ with? You're not building anyone up, or benefiting anyone in doing so, just making yourself feel better by making fun of something you don't agree with.

I personally know Jacinda...the "20-year old girl" who is very happily married and very much in love with her husband, who if I may say so, is such a strong leader and sweet father and husband. They have two beautiful children, and are trying their very best to be the best examples they can be so they can grow up in a happy home.

When you make sarcastic, derogatory remarks and tear apart everything that she posts or writes about just because you don't agree with her, you're in a sense, doing exactly the same thing. She has her beliefs which she wants to share because that's what she believes is right, and you have yours. They may be completely opposite, but what makes you any better than her? What makes your opinions and thoughts more acceptable than hers? Nothing.

I think we should maybe try and stop acting so childishly and stop tearing people down when you really have absolutely no idea who they are or what they are like as real human beings..

Aaaaaaand here we go. Break out the rug cleaner.

Well then you're probably in the wrong place. Perhaps you've noticed, this forum is called "A Quiver full of SNARK".

Here's the deal. As long as Jacinda keeps her happy little housekeeping blog public, it is free game. This may come as a shock to you, but people will disagree with her, and they may very well be right. Most of us aren't going to put all our eggs in a self described "20 year old girls" basket.

Her comments about "disciplining" a 1 year old baby, who only hours before was sitting in the hospital is BEYOND disturbing. Normal mothers do not think that way, and don't project the concept of manipulation onto their infants.

If you want to go up to bat for her, then knock yourself out, but waltzing in here with a grand total of 1 post to tell us what "we" aren't to do, probably isn't going to go over well. :roll:

Archived