IGNORED

New Blog alert...This one will be fun! - Jacinda

I noticed one of her sycophants who left a comment on her original I',m being persecuted entry has conveniently left her blog address. Like as though she were hoping that we might snark on her too...

They seem to be wearing our so called persecution as a badge of honour...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed one of her sycophants who left a comment on her original I',m being persecuted entry has conveniently left her blog address. Like as though she were hoping that we might snark on her too...

They seem to be wearing our so called persecution as a badge of honour...

She must want that persecution badge bad.

I was tempted to leave a comment on her blog saying we'd get round to her in due time but for the moment she'd been added to the waiting list... :)

I saw that and it made.no.sense. He basically gave the Christians among us a free pass (or was that an attempt at sarcasm?) and then asked the atheists if they go to church on Sunday only? Did I get that right? lolz. Also, ya know, there *are* other religions. It isn't like either you are a Christian or an atheist.

And this:

I don't quite understand what he is saying... but I certainly hope he is not lumping his baby-beating wife and his child-abuse-abetting self into the category of Christ-like while suggesting that the perfect strangers who are more concerned about his child than he is are the hypocrites. Oh no he didn't.

These kids are what? 20? They need to get a little life experience before they can set up their internet advice shops.

He is claiming, with his manly authority, that the Christians on FJ aren't real Christians.

I was the one who very nicely (for reals, I was nice) told her that Jesus didn't hide from people who questioned His faith, so why was she as His follower doing so? Also that if her faith couldn't stand up to questioning and challenges then it was a shallow faith indeed. For some reason blogger wouldn't let me log in, so that is why I did anon. I did leave my name though and if I could have logged in I would have done so. I'm not scared just having technical issues.

Jacinda, here is the thing, I'm not going to go to you privatly because you post your teachings (and these are your teachings, not God's) publically. When Jesus went out teaching publically (just as you are doing) and people stood up and questioned him, He answered, He didn't say "Oh, let's go talk privately about this." Hiding and not wanting to answer questions about your beliefs that you publically proclaim makes you look like a coward with shallow faith. The Bible also says that teachers are to be held more accountable for what they say, remember that the next time you start writing a blog post.

If you insist on homeskooling your children understand that you are not, in any way shape or form, giving your kids a better education than they would get from a real school. If you do not like public school, find a private school. Albert Einstein couldnt have taught grammar so dont pretend you're smarter than he was.

While children with whacked-out ignorant fundie parents will probably suffer educationally regardless, your quote isn't limited to just them, so it becomes a bit silly. You know, I'm not a huge fan of homeschooling (having been homeschooled myself) and I would prefer my hypothetical children attend a regular school. I'd prefer they attended a public school, actually, but we'll see what serves their educational needs best. If neither public nor private school fits their needs, I'd be willing to homeschool them as a last resort, and yes, I do believe my husband and I are well-suited between us to teach them any subject with good materials at our disposal (though we'd also have a lot to learn about teaching itself!).

I just don't have this sort of bizarre allegiance to any particular method of education, like fundies have for homeschooling or some people have for education outside of the house. Children and their particular gifts, challenges and best learning methods are what matters, not blind adherence to any one ideology. I don't find your quote any better than the fundie nonsense. Yes, some children will indeed get a better education from a properly run homeschool with educated parents. Some children will be better served by a more traditional education. There's no one-size-fits-all.

I'm stuck on this one:

# *80% of Evangelical Christians leave the faith upon leaving home.

Upon leaving home? So do they order their groceries in?

I feel like this statement lacks some sort of context.

I'm stuck on this one:

Upon leaving home? So do they order their groceries in?

I feel like this statement lacks some sort of context.

LOL Not only that, but if a person can't maintain their faith without being kept in a bubble, then the faith isn't really theirs, it's their parent's.

Also, because Jesus was the one who taught that confrontation with a brother (sister) is to be done secretly, I will not publish or respond to admonition or correction, however legitimate, on a public blog.

Wonderful! She's going to stop writing posts about homosexuals destroying society. Oh wait -- she meant admonition or correction directed at her.

While children with whacked-out ignorant fundie parents will probably suffer educationally regardless, your quote isn't limited to just them, so it becomes a bit silly. You know, I'm not a huge fan of homeschooling (having been homeschooled myself) and I would prefer my hypothetical children attend a regular school. I'd prefer they attended a public school, actually, but we'll see what serves their educational needs best. If neither public nor private school fits their needs, I'd be willing to homeschool them as a last resort, and yes, I do believe my husband and I are well-suited between us to teach them any subject with good materials at our disposal (though we'd also have a lot to learn about teaching itself!).

I just don't have this sort of bizarre allegiance to any particular method of education, like fundies have for homeschooling or some people have for education outside of the house. Children and their particular gifts, challenges and best learning methods are what matters, not blind adherence to any one ideology. I don't find your quote any better than the fundie nonsense. Yes, some children will indeed get a better education from a properly run homeschool with educated parents. Some children will be better served by a more traditional education. There's no one-size-fits-all.

:clap: Thanks. That one stung a bit.

I took the spelling "homeskooling" as her talking about the blogs where they are full of simple spelling and grammar mistakes, science is taught out of the Bible, and history is rewritten. And they then brag about how much smarter they are then public school teachers, when it is clear they aren't teaching their kids anything.

But I could be wrong and she could be talking about all homeschoolers. She will have to clear it up. :)

Archived