IGNORED

Pearl's Book

fundies_like_zombies

New book by Michael Pearl - created to NEED a help meet.

"Every man has a vision, and visions are tenuous by nature. A man with a vision hopes to surmount difficult circumstance and do what others think impossible. A vision will waver like a mirage, sometimes promising cool water and other times looking like shifting sand. Most men lose hope of fulfilling their dreams and settle for a TV series. If you have a vision you need a helper suited to that vision. It is not necessary for her to believe in it as you do, but she must believe in you. A man can keep his own vision alive if his wife runs his supply line and praises his endeavors. A help meet that supports his vision will make life a journey worth the effort, and he will be remembered for his humanity if not his accomplishments.

If your wife denigrates your vision it indicates she is not being fulfilled as a person. Tend to her needs and she will get so contented she will tell you that you sing well, you are smarter than everyone else, and you should be promoted to work at the cash register instead of cooking the fries.

You need your woman to support your vision. If you have no vision I suspect you are not in good standing with your help meet. An encouraging woman makes a man think he is taller, stronger, and smarter than he is. And coupled with her wisdom he will be smarter. You cannot leave her sitting at the kitchen table gripping and be successful at life without her. You may be manager at work but that has nothing to do with life more abundant. If you will devote your energies to building her as a person, you will have more time and energy to pursue your dreams."

Wowsers.

Why can't they understand that submission doesn't work for everyone? If I was to submit to my husband, it would end very badly. Love him to bits, but it would go to his head. And I shudder to think about the quality of my life if I was to follow that path.

To be brutally honest, my husband is not a realist, he doesn't plan ahead, and he has never been able to foresee the consequences of his actions (eg - if he doesn't pay a bill). And if I didn't reign him in and make him focus, we would have serious problems, in all aspects of our lives together. These problems may have been caused (or exacerbated) by a bashing incident which occurred before I met him, but we will never know for sure.

I accepted all of that when I married him. I knew marrying him that I would be the driver, the pusher, the commander - and the more educated and intellectual one. My husband just doesn't possess the skills necessary to do those things safely or well. And that is ok, because he is a lovely man whom I still will want to spend the rest of my life with. Do I like or enjoy my position? Not really - it is a lot of burden to take on (aged 18 at the time when we first started living together), and it can often feel a little lonely. But I wouldn't swap it either - right now, I am very happy with the decisions that led me to this point.

But I am sure that Michael Pearl would tell me to submit anyway.

Michael Pearl can stuff it where the sun doesn't shine, for all I care!!

Its scary that they think that EVERYONE can live in one way. and that someone anyone would read the book description and think it was a good idea.

If your wife denigrates your vision it indicates she is not being fulfilled as a person. Tend to her needs and she will get so contented she will tell you that you sing well, you are smarter than everyone else, and you should be promoted to work at the cash register instead of cooking the fries.

"

The fuck?!?

The stupid. It burns....

What does tend to her needs even mean? More sex and telling her she is pretty, or what?

What if my needs are a career and a househusband?

Wanna know how I submitted to my husband yesterday (actually made him think it was his idea but nooo)? We were planning on driving up the coast to Camarillo and taking my Mom for a ride. I suggested that since he drives all the week for his locksmith/safe tech job I'd drive this way and he could sit in the back like a taxpayer. He thought that was an excellent idea and did so.

I got to have a nice conversation with my mom, he could look at the scenery out on the ocean and we were all happy.

Archived