IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 13: In the Middle of Jesus’ First Relationship

nelliebelle1197

Just caught Haley's IG rant about the snark after seeing Shoshanna Pearl refer to it on her IG. 

As @JermajestyDuggar said, there's an effective fix - make your social media private, Haley. It's easy - even a fundie can do that. Your claims to be sharing Jesus or whatever on social media are ridiculous. No one who sees your stuff will be fooled into thinking that your posts are anything but performative - Look at me! I am so Christian! 

I hope your marriage works out but recommend strongly that you completely avoid the Pearls' terrible books & advice. They are monsters who are responsible for the deaths of at least three children caused by parents who followed their child-beating manual. Their marriage advice is no better. After all, please look at their own family for examples of how well the Pearls' marriage advice actually works - two divorces and counting among their five grown children.

• Upvote 13

55 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

It made me jokingly speculate if she texted her Mom after they first had sex, too.

As gross as it is to say I'd be shocked if she didn't

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

You started your marriage with a much shorter honeymoon than originally planned because your siblings were, checks notes, sad? You are not mature enough to be married and your parents should be ashamed of how enmeshed they encouraged you and your siblings to be. Leaving your honeymoon a week early because you couldn't handle your sibling's being in distress is not healthy or enviable.

Its possible that this is her excuse-- SHE may have been the one that was homesick, but is ashamed to admit it. Good luck with the upcoming missioncation, Girl!

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Its possible that this is her excuse-- SHE may have been the one that was homesick, but is ashamed to admit it. Good luck with the upcoming missioncation, Girl!

I'm sure she was. If she weren't I doubt her sibling's pleas would've been enough to cancel her honeymoon. And yes, if they couldn't make it on their honeymoon they have no chance on lasting long on a mission field. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I'd believe the sibling excuse if they were really young, but hers are 11+. 

It reminds me of when Jill Duggar got married and was always at the big house or went to class with Derick. 

A good close bond with family is one thing, but the inability to be alone or without your family is another. 

• Upvote 10

I used to watch a lot of anti-MLM content. It will be hard for Mrs. Paul to go private on social media since social media is a HUGE part of MLMs these days. Probably why Allison is so active on Instagram.  Haley can go private herself, but since she lives on her parents' property and shares everything with her mom, she'll still turn up on her mama's platform. 

I wonder if Haley is in her mama's downline. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I used to watch a lot of anti-MLM content. It will be hard for Mrs. Paul to go private on social media since social media is a HUGE part of MLMs these days. Probably why Allison is so active on Instagram.  Haley can go private herself, but since she lives on her parents' property and shares everything with her mom, she'll still turn up on her mama's platform. 

I wonder if Haley is in her mama's downline. It wouldn't surprise me.

She could do it. There are some MLM shillers who will keep certain family members off their social media for the most part. It’s possible. But I doubt Haley’s mother will want to do that. The thing is, these folks like attention so much that they will just deal with the snarking by crying persecution and won’t go private. Most of Jill Rod’s problems would be completely gone if she just got rid of social media. But nope. She will never do that. She needs the attention. Even if it means she will deal with loads and loads of snark. 

• Upvote 2

Haley's story today had her drinking plexus.

I'm all about receipts

Screenshot_20240522_105128_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, justpassingthru said:

Haley's story today had her drinking plexus.

I'm all about receipts

Screenshot_20240522_105128_Instagram.jpg

I really wish she would watch a few anti mlm videos from Hannah Alonzo or read the book called “Hey Hun.” But I think she would rather just stay ignorant about MLMs because it makes her life easier. 

• Upvote 3

Her mom being diamond level is JRod's dream and I can't imagine Jill ever getting there. 

I can't see Amy associating with the Rods

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

Her mom being diamond level is JRod's dream and I can't imagine Jill ever getting there. 

I can't see Amy associating with the Rods

I would feel so guilty knowing that a huge portion of my downline is making no money and likely never will. Even if they work their asses off. In what other industry is it ok for people to work their asses off for no money? 

• Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

And yet Amy gives no fucks. 

I think that’s pretty standard for the vast majority of people who make 7 figures. Most people don’t make that kind of money without stepping on some necks to get there. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

My daughter is going into kindergarten and I've just learned who her teacher will be. I found her on FB and while her page doesn't give a lot of info due to privacy settings, she was tagged by another woman describing her awe of Plexus🤦🤦🤦

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 3

47 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

My daughter is going into kindergarten and I've just learned who her teacher will be. I found her on FB and while her page doesn't give a lot of info due to privacy settings, she was tagged by another woman describing her awe of Plexus🤦🤦🤦

Oh plexus! It’s everywhere!

• Upvote 4

"her own house":roll:

image.png.7639f673317587dd012cede3c9e5de5c.png

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 7

99% of 19 year olds can’t afford their own house. It’s nothing for Haley to be ashamed of. But just be honest folks. She’s living in a home her parents own. Just admit it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Is that relevant to being a good teacher?🤨

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Is that relevant to being a good teacher?🤨

Not necessarily but I've never seen anyone in real life actually use it!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Not necessarily but I've never seen anyone in real life actually use it!

I would be concerned about a teacher that believes in the bogus health claims of Plexus. Makes me wonder about their general idea about science and medicine.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

I have a lot of teacher friends and they do get pitched MLMs. But none of my teacher friends partake in them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I would be concerned about a teacher that believes in the bogus health claims of Plexus. Makes me wonder about their general idea about science and medicine.

At least it's just kindergarten!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a lot of teacher friends and they do get pitched MLMs. But none of my teacher friends partake in them. 

I have one much younger colleague who got caught up in Lularoe when that was a thing. She did it because she needed extra cash. She quit selling it, realizing that she wasn't going to make any money. She switched a part time retail job. Many teachers work extra jobs, especially the younger ones. It's super expensive to live here, and teachers' salaries have not kept up. 

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

"her own house":roll:

image.png.7639f673317587dd012cede3c9e5de5c.png

Stating out married life with a KItchenAid! Jill must be so envious.

Riding the ISB, I'm wondering if Carver is still nervous about whatever he did on 1/6 that caused him to purge his social media. It's not exactly a secret that the FBI is still making arrests of people who were involved in the insurrection and if the recent arrests were of people he knows, I can see him getting nervous if he saw someone on the resort grounds talking into a radio while looking at him. He could have decided they had to GTFO of Dodge.

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Many teachers work extra jobs, especially the younger ones. It's super expensive to live here, and teachers' salaries have not kept up. 

I know a few teachers, and almost all of them especially when they were younger and single worked an additional job whether it be on weekends or during the summer. 

ETA: Thankfully none of them were MLMs. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
  • Upvote 3