IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 12: They Should Set Up Fundie Mingle

Coconut Flan

I know a couple where the wife came the the US and a K1 visa (90 day fiance visa) and they've been married 25 years. They were both fans of the same obscure Christian band. My family friend was an early internet coder and ran the band's fanpage or main page or something. His future spouse emailed the webmaster for some reason and they began an epistolary romance that continued over a year. After he visited her in Bolivia for an extended time, he proposed. She is now a citizen after coming to the us and getting married right away.

International romances absolutely do not have to be a scam. Many of the TV couples on 90day are in it for the social media attention more than even the green card IMO. There are also tons of reasons to get married besides just True Love but which also aren't scams.

It's not unheard of to meet a partner via english language learning or foreign language learning partner websites. I'm glad this Arendt is seemingly open to learning about other cultures. Hopefully the young woman has autonomy and is always in a safe position. It's a big risk for the non-american spouse to leave their support system. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Why do we automatically assume that any marriage to an immigrant is a possible scam?

I didnt mean it was a scam. I have watched a couple seasons of the show and most of the relationships seem real to me. I just find it interesting to marry someone you barely know and commiting to living in a diferent country far away from all your family and friends.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Charlie Bowers and Pelaiah White (Heistheway’s sister) got married recently but no date. They kept the wedding quiet for some reason. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Charlie Bowers and Pelaiah White (Heistheway’s sister) got married recently but no date. They kept the wedding quiet for some reason. 

Based on instaposts like this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvfqHSVpdIn/ it appears that Pelaiah is 18, and Charlie turns 25 next week. Pelaiah is a teenager, and an age gap involving a teenager gives me the ick.

We also see from past Insta posts that Aunt Amanda Bowers, who lives in Tampa, Florida, is a wedding caterer/organizer and was heavily involved in the Bowers girl's double wedding in  Iowa. Now Insta posts indicate that Amanda Bowers didn't meet her new niece-in-law Pelaiah until recently--so not only was she not involved in this family wedding (of a couple who appear to be based in Florida panhandle/south Alabama), she didn't even attend.

It is NOT like fundies to run off & have a secular wedding at the courthouse. They believe in religious weddings conducted by a minister, with the father giving the bride away, and family present.

Something is afoot.

• I Agree 12

22 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Based on instaposts like this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvfqHSVpdIn/ it appears that Pelaiah is 18, and Charlie turns 25 next week. Pelaiah is a teenager, and an age gap involving a teenager gives me the ick.

We also see from past Insta posts that Aunt Amanda Bowers, who lives in Tampa, Florida, is a wedding caterer/organizer and was heavily involved in the Bowers girl's double wedding in  Iowa. Now Insta posts indicate that Amanda Bowers didn't meet her new niece-in-law Pelaiah until recently--so not only was she not involved in this family wedding (of a couple who appear to be based in Florida panhandle/south Alabama), she didn't even attend.

It is NOT like fundies to run off & have a secular wedding at the courthouse. They believe in religious weddings conducted by a minister, with the father giving the bride away, and family present.

Something is afoot.

I’m sure I’ve said this a million times but my husband is 9 years older. We would have had zero interest in one another when I was 18 and he was 27. I was still a virgin and a child in my mind for one thing. And another thing I was off to college and by then my husband was well past that point in his life. When my husband and I met, I was 24.5 and he was 33.5. I had already graduated from undergrad. I was in grad school. And I had dated a lot with a lot of heartbreak and learning experiences. I was much more cautious and less naive about dating by the time I met my husband. I had plenty of dating experience and some more life experience. There was a large learning growth between 18 and 24.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I'm embarrassed to say its a slow morning at work, and there is no marriage license for a "Pelaiah White" in Escambia County, Florida (home of Pensacola), or in the county next door, Santa Rosa. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Pelaiah and Charlie share a birthday, March 26th. She was born in 2005 and he was born in 1998 1999 (edited).

I'm dying to find out why neither of their families have said anything about the wedding. None of them follow each other on social media, either. But I'm guessing it's probably something boring like disagreeing about theological differences rather than a shotgun wedding.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, indianabones said:

Pelaiah and Charlie share a birthday, March 26th. She was born in 2005 and he was born in 1998.

I'm dying to find out why neither of their families have said anything about the wedding. None of them follow each other on social media, either. But I'm guessing it's probably something boring like disagreeing about theological differences rather than a shotgun wedding.

I like theological slap fights amongst fundies. They are so petty and smug. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

The Whites did blog about the insurrection. Here's what they wrote under the spoiler:

Spoiler

As we’ve stated many times and shared with numerous people in our lives, we are believers in the Bible and followers of Jesus Christ. While peaceful protests are fine, unlawful violence and destruction is unacceptable. There has been so much violence, hate, and division lately, and we continue to pray for healing in our nation. There are obviously many hurt people. These are a few of our favorite verses from God’s Word about love, gentleness, temperance, etc. as well as avoiding anger, malice, and repenting of hate.

We know that Curtis and Carver Bowers were both there, thanks to their social media.

I've been refreshing my knowledge of both families by rereading their blogs and FJ archives and they're both extremely different. The Whites are definitely more mainstream than the Bowers, thanks to their involvement with the Navy. All they seem to have in common is religion and large families.

• Upvote 10

24 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The Whites did blog about the insurrection. Here's what they wrote under the spoiler:

Hide contents

As we’ve stated many times and shared with numerous people in our lives, we are believers in the Bible and followers of Jesus Christ. While peaceful protests are fine, unlawful violence and destruction is unacceptable. There has been so much violence, hate, and division lately, and we continue to pray for healing in our nation. There are obviously many hurt people. These are a few of our favorite verses from God’s Word about love, gentleness, temperance, etc. as well as avoiding anger, malice, and repenting of hate.

We know that Curtis and Carver Bowers were both there, thanks to their social media.

I've been refreshing my knowledge of both families by rereading their blogs and FJ archives and they're both extremely different. The Whites are definitely more mainstream than the Bowers, thanks to their involvement with the Navy. All they seem to have in common is religion and large families.

They are also both friends with the Duggars. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Hide contents

Yes! Curtis Bowers is a big time conspiracy theorist who is convinced that all US institutions have been overrun by Marxists, and he wants everyone to hunker down with their gold and guns as civilization collapses. He thinks COVID (and vaccines) is a Marxist plot & I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 9/11 "Truther" as well.  No way would he let his sons join the "woke" US armed forces.

According to his podcast summaries, he also rails against DEI and Critical Race Theory. And of course ((globalists)) like Soros.

I don't have proof, but the Bowers' Christian Nationalism appears to be the type that is often White Supremacist-adjacent--I don't want to accuse them of something they are not, but I would not be surprised if the Bowers would not be thrilled with gaining an in-law who is half-Saipanese.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm embarrassed to say its a slow morning at work, and there is no marriage license for a "Pelaiah White" in Escambia County, Florida (home of Pensacola), or in the county next door, Santa Rosa. 

How is Pelaiah pronounced? 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, caitrona said:

How is Pelaiah pronounced? 

My guess is like Isaiah. So peh-lay-uh.

I looked it up and I guess it’s suppose to be peh-lie-uh.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 7

HollyBeth Mueller is marrying Joshua Zollers June 1st.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

HollyBeth Mueller is marrying Joshua Zollers June 1st.

Yep... And her brother Zach is marrying Rebecca Moffitt on August 31th

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Eleonore Peyrac said:

Yep... And her brother Zach is marrying Rebecca Moffitt on August 31th

Ahhh so close to a double wedding. But bontragers did the same thing with Cassidy and Josh and Carson and Caroline on one day with Mitchell and Bryn the next day

• Upvote 6

Karissa Collins is having her 4th boy. She already has 7 girls.

My name guess is Admire Christ for the baby. If it has been a girl, I would have guessed Ardent Blessing. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Waller is now Married:

E0176572-814F-4BB3-AA40-A77320C36262.jpeg

I've gotta be honest... I'm really curious to see what their kids look like. While he looks more different to her than Priscilla does to David (and Sarah, for that matter), I bet they'll be able to pass for siblings with the Pecanitos.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Where was the wedding? That looks like one huge sanctuary! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It isn’t a Waller or Keller wedding if David doesn’t post a picture of the happy couple alongside him and Priscilla. That seems to be where we get most of our Pecan Thief photos these days. 

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The wedding was also livestreamed

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you told me that those are quadruplets I would believe you. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1