IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 25: Totally Surprising Inevitabilities

Bethella

33 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

Or is this a registry from their miscarriage? I know people that make the registry but then lose the baby but never delete the registry. July is soon coming and there's no way they would hide a pregnancy this long. 

She miscarried in the early fall. That baby would have been due way before July 30, I believe between Josie and Tori (since they said it would be #29). Also, the registry specifically referenced rainbow baby. 

It is possible their miscarriage made the a lot more cautious. And I think they were probably planning on announcing it after I Love You Day (I don’t think they did an ILY Day video, but their content is all over the place time wise) but then Lydia had a miscarriage and they may have held back a bit because of that. 

Tiffany has been very careful to only pose in flowy dresses lately or she poses behind people. 

I do think 19 weeks is late and the Bates tend to moneytize everything but Lawson and Tiffany have been really weird about their content timeline anyway and drag stuff out for months, 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

She miscarried in the early fall. That baby would have been due way before July 30, I believe between Josie and Tori (since they said it would be #29). Also, the registry specifically referenced rainbow baby. 

It is possible their miscarriage made the a lot more cautious. And I think they were probably planning on announcing it after I Love You Day (I don’t think they did an ILY Day video, but their content is all over the place time wise) but then Lydia had a miscarriage and they may have held back a bit because of that. 

Tiffany has been very careful to only pose in flowy dresses lately or she poses behind people. 

I do think 19 weeks is late and the Bates tend to moneytize everything but Lawson and Tiffany have been really weird about their content timeline anyway and drag stuff out for months, 

Well I mean only time will tell I guess. Jane kinda already announced for Esther. 

Edit: lol just seconds after I write this.. she's pregnant. They just announced 

Screenshot_20240305_144856_Instagram.jpg

Edited by RebeccaRay
Picture
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

So this is Grandbaby #30 for the Bates (summing someone else isn’t due first, but based on the video I think Tiffany is due before Esther, if Esther is pregnant). 

The Duggars were 50/50 boy/girl split at #30. The Bates currently have 18 girls and 10 boys with two babies of unknown sex on the way. 

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So this is Grandbaby #30 for the Bates (summing someone else isn’t due first, but based on the video I think Tiffany is due before Esther, if Esther is pregnant). 

The Duggars were 50/50 boy/girl split at #30. The Bates currently have 18 girls and 10 boys with two babies of unknown sex on the way. 

The Bateses might blow past the Duggars in grandchildren. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Only two of the Duggars have 5 or more right? The Bates have 3 kids with 5+ kids and Tori is pregnant with #5. Even if Kendra is pregnant, that is 3 Duggars and 4 Bates at 5 or more.  So yeah, I think they may overpass them because they seem to committed to big families. 

• Upvote 5

If Michael didn't have fertility issues, she would have had 4-5 kids by now, I think, and the Bates would have outdone the Duggars.

Tiffany and Lawson with a baby - well, this should be interesting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Duggar Data predicted that the Bates would come out ahead in the end. Since some of the Duggars aren't announcing births any more it's becoming more difficult to keep track.  

• Upvote 8

I don't know if the Bates will blow by the Duggars.  By the time Tiffany and Lawson have 30, you could have Duggars pregnant with 34, 35, and maybe even 36. And you would think the Duggars would have blown past the Keller's with the Keller's only having 8 kids, but the Keller's are expecting 36 and 37 while as of now the Duggars are at 33.

If Jana had gotten marry 10-15 years ago while Jill and Jinger hadn't slowed down their pace of having kids, the Duggars would probably have at least 40 grandkids by now, or they would be really close.

ETA: it's possible that 38 is cooking for the Kellers. It just hasn't been announced yet. David and Hannah's baby is 16 months so announcement for number 2 could come any day now.

I forgot about Esther maybe being pregnant. That could be 30 or 31 depending on when she's due.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 5

On 3/4/2024 at 2:04 PM, RebeccaRay said:

Giavonna Lisa is the name of Nada and Jeremiah's baby girl. Born on leap day

Baby's name is spelled Giovanna Lisa in Nada's fb announcement, which makes a lot more sense.

• Upvote 4

On 3/5/2024 at 3:39 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Concur with Esther being due after Tiffany. In their recently released video, L & T called N & E to announce and Nathan made it sound like they were expecting but Esther said not but it was the "We have nothing to announce" type denial. I expect that they were hopeful but maybe didn't have a positive test yet.

• Upvote 3

On 3/7/2024 at 1:22 AM, dawn9476 said:

I don't know if the Bates will blow by the Duggars.  By the time Tiffany and Lawson have 30, you could have Duggars pregnant with 34, 35, and maybe even 36. And you would think the Duggars would have blown past the Keller's with the Keller's only having 8 kids, but the Keller's are expecting 36 and 37 while as of now the Duggars are at 33.

If Jana had gotten marry 10-15 years ago while Jill and Jinger hadn't slowed down their pace of having kids, the Duggars would probably have at least 40 grandkids by now, or they would be really close.

ETA: it's possible that 38 is cooking for the Kellers. It just hasn't been announced yet. David and Hannah's baby is 16 months so announcement for number 2 could come any day now.

I forgot about Esther maybe being pregnant. That could be 30 or 31 depending on when she's due.

There was a source on the Reddit who said Katie (who wore a floaty dress to Hailey’s birthday and hid behind counters and purses in her most recent Vlog), Esther and Tiffany are all pregnant. This was before Tiffany announced. That would bring the Bafes to 32 this year with just announced/rumoured babies. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

There was a source on the Reddit who said Katie (who wore a floaty dress to Hailey’s birthday and hid behind counters and purses in her most recent Vlog), Esther and Tiffany are all pregnant. This was before Tiffany announced. That would bring the Bafes to 32 this year with just announced/rumoured babies. 

And it's only the beginning of March. Theoretically you could have Whitney, Erin, Alyssa, Lydia, Carlin, and Emerson all announce pregnancies by Dec 31.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Sk8ter said:

And it's only the beginning of March. Theoretically you could have Whitney, Erin, Alyssa, Lydia, Carlin, and Emerson all announce pregnancies by Dec 31.

And Lydia's already had a miscarriage this year. I'll be shocked if she doesn’t give birth this year. Carlin is also very likely, especially now that she's doing better medically. 

We also can't rule out a Michael miracle baby either. 

Edited by WannabeHistorian
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I guess that will answer the naming question for once and for all.

Yup, this one's the tiebreaker! Will it be a D girl or an odd number P? 

• Upvote 2

i wonder if the Wallers know if the P/D was by gender or birth order.  They seem to be the type who might not really have decided.  especially if they tend to find out gender 

The naming rules in large families really leave the youngest ones with some poor name options. “ Why’d you pick my name mom?” “because it started with a D.”. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KWLand said:

i wonder if the Wallers know if the P/D was by gender or birth order.  They seem to be the type who might not really have decided.  especially if they tend to find out gender 

The naming rules in large families really leave the youngest ones with some poor name options. “ Why’d you pick my name mom?” “because it started with a D.”. 

there better off having more girls since they have a lot more choices left than Boy names starting with a P

Girls - Danielle, Daisy, Darcy, Delia, Delaney, Dana, Dara, Dasha, Devin, Dorothy, Darlene, Daphne, Dalia, Desriee, Dixie, Darby

Boys - Patrick, Preston, Porter, Phineas, Percy, Presley, Paxton, Pierce, Peyton

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

there better off having more girls since they have a lot more choices left than Boy names starting with a P

Girls - Danielle, Daisy, Darcy, Delia, Delaney, Dana, Dara, Dasha, Devin, Dorothy, Darlene, Daphne, Dalia, Desriee, Dixie, Darby

Boys - Patrick, Preston, Porter, Phineas, Percy, Presley, Paxton, Pierce, Peyton

They have a lot more choices for girl names overall, even without the letter theme. Fundies and even people who just lean conservative seem to be more willing to get "creative" with girl names than with boy names.

My guess for the predicted D name is Delaney, but if it turns out P names are for odd numbered kids, not just boys, I'm thinking Pamela.

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2024 at 6:23 AM, sleepygirl1 said:

Maybe this will be the answer to the pd pattern!

I don’t think we’re ever going to learn the truth. They might’ve started out alternating regardless of gender, but now I suspect they’ll just stick to D for girls and P for boys so that they don’t have a kid with the “wrong” gender’s initial compared to their siblings. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

For those wondering, that will make 17 girls and 20 boys for the soon-to-be 37 Keller grandchildren.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

For those wondering, that will make 17 girls and 20 boys for the soon-to-be 37 Keller grandchildren.

And Esther alone has 9 of those boys. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

It's a girl for the Wallers.

Finally! Alternating P/D or by gender now the question will be answered!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I have always assumed they are like the Holts and just name the boys with P names and the girls with D names. 

What I would like to know is how much say Pris has when it comes to the name. I’ve always thought David was the dominant one in the marriage. I’m guessing his naming preferences trump Priscilla’s. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

I posted most of this over in the Pecan Thieving thread. I know, cognitively, that there is a separate thread for name prediction, but it seems so natural to opine on names after a gender reveal video. 

Dove Evangeline is my prediction for the next Pecanling. 

They have been a bit all over the map on girl names. Davia was obviously the feminization of her father’s name.  Destiny is almost akin to fate, a very non-fundie concept, to the point that I know folks who won’t sing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” because of the pagan idea of Fates allowing anything to happen.  I assume it was excused as a name by connecting it to the Calvinistic ideas of predestination. 

Then, the name Deborah leaned into Old Testament stories but represents a woman who was a Judge of Israel, which, while Biblical, does not fit the box of a meek, mild, homemaking, pregnancy machine. 

Given their shotgun approach to names for girls, I looked for a slightly off kilter name to go along with Davia and Destiny while having some religious ties. I settled on Dove because the Holy Spirit descended as a dove upon the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist.  Doves are regularly used in Christian iconography. The middle virtue name extolling fundamentalist approved religious activity would balance out the somewhat non-conforming name Dove. 

Do you ever wonder if they come to these sites and read these threads for ideas on a name? I mean, they choose very narrow naming structures and have huge families. 

The Duggars obviously needed some fresh ideas because they  churned  out a Joy Anna and a Johanna in the same immediate family.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic