IGNORED

Shiny Happy People: A Duggar and IBLP Documentary

CanadianMamam

Holly? The YouTuber who was featured in the video above? She made the defense video? I'm so confused! 😀

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Holly? The YouTuber who was featured in the video above? She made the defense video? I'm so confused! 😀

Yes, Holly is coming out with a documentary called Shiny Slander. There has been a trailer released and it looks terrible in quality. 

More from Holly McLean:

Spoiler

Her version involves taking hold of the hand a child puts off of the blanket and putting it back on the blanket, to start. She claims there's a point at which they know what you want, and then you need to show them "you mean business."

If they "test the waters," as she says, you need to take the hand they put off of the blanket and "firmly hold it to the point of being uncomfortable but not hurting them" before putting it back on the blanket. She also recommends "a light flick."

She says "if they won't comply, and decide to throw a fit, apply the CTM method.

CTM stands for "cover the mouth."

So, I don't think I trust this woman to define what is and isn't abusive.

• Disgust 6
  • Thank You 6

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, Holly is coming out with a documentary called Shiny Slander. There has been a trailer released and it looks terrible in quality. 

Yeah, I saw the trailer. I didn't realize it was Holly's handiwork. I love the snark she got in the guys' video. They nailed her.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, thoughtful said:

More from Holly McLean:

Hide contents

Her version involves taking hold of the hand a child puts off of the blanket and putting it back on the blanket, to start. She claims there's a point at which they know what you want, and then you need to show them "you mean business."

If they "test the waters," as she says, you need to take the hand they put off of the blanket and "firmly hold it to the point of being uncomfortable but not hurting them" before putting it back on the blanket. She also recommends "a light flick."

She says "if they won't comply, and decide to throw a fit, apply the CTM method.

Oh yeah this woman is totally fine with Pearl type methods of training up a child. I think all her kids are grown or very close to it. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:50 AM, thoughtful said:

More from Holly McLean:

Hide contents

I still can’t believe this kind of abuse of children is legal in the US.

“To train up a child” has been banned here (Germany) due to its child endangering content.

• Upvote 6

The sheer number of documentaries that are up about church/pastor abuse of women and children is startling, at this point.  I am laid up after ankle surgery and my favorite distraction is documentaries, and I was showing my husband the list - IBLP, Hillsong, SBC, Catholic, Mormon, etc. etc. etc.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, bea said:

The sheer number of documentaries that are up about church/pastor abuse of women and children is startling, at this point.  I am laid up after ankle surgery and my favorite distraction is documentaries, and I was showing my husband the list - IBLP, Hillsong, SBC, Catholic, Mormon, etc. etc. etc.

It’s as if there’s this epidemic of abuse and cover up amongst churches across the US!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

I still can’t believe this kind of abuse of children is legal in the US.

“To train up a child” has been banned here (Germany) due to its child endangering content.

Technically it's not. The problem is it's not usually prosecuted until it's severe. 

I’m surprised that To Train Up a Child hasn’t been banned everywhere. Publishing companies should be forbidden to print it and bookstores forbidden from selling it. 

• I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m surprised that To Train Up a Child hasn’t been banned everywhere. Publishing companies should be forbidden to print it and bookstores forbidden from selling it. 

The Pearls self print. No decent publishing company would ever print it and the pearls know it. 

• Upvote 5

Looks like the wrong kind of sequel is coming

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic