image.png.72ff01335d9b6ff408d5283ed4d89b53.png

• Upvote 4

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

:text-lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Just how is his campaign going up in flames?  People were saying the same thing about Trump in 2015.  

• Upvote 3

This made me tear up a bit:

• Love 8

image.png.50ad38195da7acf4df15b8c0ff751b00.png

"Cruelty Caucus"

The most progressive members of the House are not happy with the compromise reached between President Biden and Speaker Kevin McCarthy on raising the debt ceiling. But, their unhappiness with it isn’t a threat to the leadership of the president or Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries. However, the anger from the House Freedom Caucus, who will be referred to as the “Goon Caucus” for the rest of today’s blog, is a threat to Kevin McCarthy’s speakership.

Representative Pramila Jayapal, Chairwoman of the House Progressive Caucus, is unhappy with the compromise because she’s concerned the deal could mean “harmful” effects for poor and working Americans.

Jayapal gave credit to the White House for helping to ensure the bill’s proposed federal spending caps are not as “as catastrophic as they could have been,” but she also raised concerns about how the new spending limits will affect funding for nondefense programs. 

Jayapal said, “When it comes time to write these appropriations bills. There will be some very, very difficult choices to make.” She also said, “There will be real harmful impacts for poor people and working people being barred from income support that they not just desperately need, but frankly, that they deserve. There will be impacts for environmental justice and the fight against the climate crisis and the recisions in funding, many of which we still don’t have clarity about.”

She will vote no on raising the debt ceiling while understanding the consequences if it’s not raised. Jayapal is an adult. The goons on the other hand…

The goons have a scorched Earth policy on stuff like this. While progressives like Pramilia Jayapal is concerned the compromise will hurt Americans, the Goon Caucus is concerned it doesn’t hurt them enough. For Republicans, cruelty is the point. Chip Roy, the policy chairman of the Goon Caucus is accusing McCarthy of reneging (“reneging” is a word Republicans have to be careful with) on the deal he made with the caucus to win their support to make him peaker, and that is the debt ceiling wouldn’t be raised without significant cruel cuts that’ll hurt the poor, minorities, and working Americans. Another part of that deal is that any one member of the House can force a vote to oust the speaker should he fail to keep his promises. As Scooby would say, “Ruh-Roh, Kevin.”

In case you forgot, Glenn Beck is still out there with a radio show (I forgot) and Chip Roy went on it to howl about the Biden/McCarthy compromise and said, “If we can’t kill it, we’re going to have to regroup and figure out the whole leadership arrangement again.”

It took 15 votes for Kevin to win the speakership and to finally secure the job, he had to make deals, not with the devil because that wouldn’t have been as bad, but with goons. And these deals aren’t with your commonplace everyday thumb-breaking goons down the docks but with MAGAt goons. At least the thumb-breakers have some integrity. Kevin McCarthy could not win the job of Speaker from his own caucus until he made deals with these MAGAt goons that would make him the weakest and worst speaker in House history. If only we could have foreseen the trouble this would eventually bring.

Oh, wait. We did. We liberals called it. The only uncertainty on McCarthy’s position is just exactly how long it will last. Will it end tomorrow? Will it end in two weeks? Will it end in two months? Has Vegas put up odds yet? The only thing most of us agree on is that he won’t finish this congressional session with the gavel…which someone will probably use to break his thumbs.

There is one more certainty and that is, if Kevin is replaced, the next Speaker will be even worse.

Ruh-roh, indeed.

Creative note: I had two ideas on this subject concerning the Freedom Caucus and because of my indecisiveness, I kept going back and forth between them until they were both completely drawn. The other one only has to be colored to be finished. To make the decision easier for me, I decided to publish both. You’ll see the next one in a day or so. I don’t want to do two in a row on the Goon Caucus. I will say that the other idea is more mainstream and would have a better chance of being published by news outlets than the one you’re looking at here. But, I liked the irreverence of this one.

I wasn’t sure I made the right choice…that is until goons started tweeting their butthurtness at me caused by this cartoon. Fortunately, I’m not a little be-yotch boy like Kevin, and ain’t nobody breaking my thumbs. Regular readers of this blog know how much I hate to upset goons and MAGAts.

• Upvote 4

20230531_ohman1.JPG

• Upvote 3

20230531_csotd1.JPG

• Upvote 3

20230521_siers1.JPG

• Upvote 4

image.png.508b80d00a6f329e65e5225f3680bb62.png

• Haha 5

20230531_go1.JPG

• Upvote 3

20230531_hall1.JPG