IGNORED

Harry and Meghan 15

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

If the troll is allowed to quote and respond to other posts with no reprimand or banning from the mods, I feel like regular users should be allowed to respond and quote them if they’d like. If the troll is that much of a bother, just ban them from the royal threads, please, please, please! No one will mind.

***Answering as a MOD***

You are absolutely allowed to respond and quote ANY member's posts. FJ is mostly a self-regulating forum, however we do have rules. And those mean that Mods and Admins can't just ban anyone, unless they break the rules which are public and everyone has to agree and adhere to.

However, what we can do is encourage members to disengage. It is then within the remit of members to either do so, or not.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Helpmeet hat on to add as well: So permanent read-only doesn't exist here, and our resident royal troll is on moderation, but isn't breaking any of the very few rules that earn a total ban. We've seen evidence that the less engagement she gets, the less often she posts. 

Any further troll discussion should be done over in Community Discussion, not here, please!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

Helpmeet hat on to add as well: So permanent read-only doesn't exist here, and our resident royal troll is on moderation, but isn't breaking any of the very few rules that earn a total ban. We've seen evidence that the less engagement she gets, the less often she posts. 

Any further troll discussion should be done over in Community Discussion, not here, please!

Just a real-quick question, and then I promise I'll take anything else over to CD: so I'm imagining the read-only thing? Or just the PERMANENT read-only thing? I've been here a long time and now I'm old, so my memory is just not what it was (maybe I need to start taking that Prevagen stuff, does anyone know if it works?😆)

Just now, Loveday said:

Just a real-quick question, and then I promise I'll take anything else over to CD: so I'm imagining the read-only thing? Or just the PERMANENT read-only thing? I've been here a long time and now I'm old, so my memory is just not what it was (maybe I need to start taking that Prevagen stuff, does anyone know if it works?😆)

IDK the real answer (I think I'm the newest helpmeet) but if it existed at any point it doesn't now - we've changed servers or providers or some technical something or other not long ago and things change every time that happens. All I know is Destiny says it doesn't exist, and she would know. 

Now, on to our regularly scheduled snarking!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Alisamer said:

IDK the real answer (I think I'm the newest helpmeet) but if it existed at any point it doesn't now - we've changed servers or providers or some technical something or other not long ago and things change every time that happens. All I know is Destiny says it doesn't exist, and she would know. 

Now, on to our regularly scheduled snarking!

Fanks! 

Has anyone come across any photos of Lilibet's christening yet? If none exist, that would be quite a first for her not-so-much privacy-seeking parents!😆

• Haha 4

I'm sure they exist, they just haven't shown them. We only have like... three photos total of Lilibet, so I'm not surprised. They don't typically whore out their children, they keep their attention seeking ways to themselves. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, viii said:

I'm sure they exist, they just haven't shown them. We only have like... three photos total of Lilibet, so I'm not surprised. They don't typically whore out their children, they keep their attention seeking ways to themselves. 

True. But there were official photos released from Archie's christening, so perhaps it's just a matter of time with Lilibet.

(not to mention it was all I could think of to get back on subject...😅 )

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, Loveday said:

True. But there were official photos released from Archie's christening, so perhaps it's just a matter of time with Lilibet.

(not to mention it was all I could think of to get back on subject...😅 )

Weren‘t they still working royals when Archie was christened? They probably felt more obligated to release photos then.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Weren‘t they still working royals when Archie was christened? They probably felt more obligated to release photos then.

I think you're right. So much has happened with H&M in the past couple of years that I'm hazy on the timeline, but I believe you're right, they were still part of the Firm at that point.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I think you're right. So much has happened with H&M in the past couple of years that I'm hazy on the timeline, but I believe you're right, they were still part of the Firm at that point.

At this point Meghan has been out of the Firm longer than she was ever in, so hopefully her next projects will be about what she has been up to the last three years since she’s now living life on her terms and can look back on her two years in England as just a blip in her life trajectory.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d like to get back into acting. I don’t think it’s likely, but I can see her missing it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I doubt she will ever act again. She wasn't that great and then her big voice over for Disney's elephant show went miserably. I don't see her opening herself up to that kind of criticism again. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

If the troll is allowed to quote and respond to other posts with no reprimand or banning from the mods, I feel like regular users should be allowed to respond and quote them if they’d like. If the troll is that much of a bother, just ban them from the royal threads, please, please, please! No one will mind.

Who cares if it is quoting your posts? Just put it on ignore and forget about it. We don't ban people because we do not like them - I wish we could but it isn't fair or equitable in the long run.  The troll will eventually die off if it is not fed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I don't think Meghan would have attended the funeral if they hadn't already been in the country.  

I totally agree with that.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Who cares if it is quoting your posts? Just put it on ignore and forget about it. We don't ban people because we do not like them - I wish we could but it isn't fair or equitable in the long run.  The troll will eventually die off if it is not fed.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree…you keep saying not to feed the troll but it has been over a *year* and they’re still trolling and they’re ignored 95% of the time and it disrupts the flow of threads. It just appears that the respectful users are the ones being asked to censor themselves. 
Also, feel free to move this comment to whatever section you want, I rarely post outside of the royals threads.

• Upvote 7

If you put them on ignore, you won’t even notice if they quote you. I don’t see the need to react to whatever someone thinks they have to say to my posts. It’s a choice. And I just can’t take them seriously anymore. So ignore and live happily without caring about whatever they construct out of my posts.

Back to H&M. I think they would have flown in for the funeral. Too much backlash if they didn’t. Just look how bad not showing up for Philip’s went down. And they did claim to be on fantastic terms till the end remember. Naming their daughter after her. Sharing such a special bond, so she could talk to H about things she could talk to no one else. Him making sure she is surrounded by the right people……. If anything it must have been a bummer they couldn’t exploit their attendance for more attention because they were already in the country. 
As they do now with the coronation. They said they are invited but it’s yet undecided if they’ll go. They could have just stay silent and show up or not.

IIRC BP and H&M have confirmed that they are invited at this point. How would we know that A&L didn’t make the age cut for the official part and Louis might also not be in attendance? If the situation wouldn’t be so tense, it would be a great opportunity to have those three cousins having some nice bonding time. 

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 9

18 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

It wouldn’t be banning them because we don’t like them. It would be banning them for consistently disrupting the threads, just saying. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

If I did the math right - which is questionable 😆 , Charles was 6 and Anne was 4 during Elizabeth's coronation.  They also had the Queen Mother with them.  I imagine she made sure that the children behaved :shocked:.  Without an imposing presence like the Queen Mother and after watching Louis at other activities I don't think the younger children should be there.  I think it would be asking to much of Louis, Archie, and especially Lillibet to not act like young children during the coronation.  The younger members of the RF seem to allow the kids be kids as long as they can.  To me that seems like the best path for them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

The little weirdo is probably getting its rocks off just reading about people talking about it. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

It wouldn’t be banning them because we don’t like them. It would be banning them for consistently disrupting the threads, just saying. 

I put them on block, the first person ever, and there are still posts I can see in quotes under someone else's post. You can't get away from them! Its the most disruptive I've ever seen from anybody in all my time here. Relentless! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

If I did the math right - which is questionable 😆 , Charles was 6 and Anne was 4 during Elizabeth's coronation.  They also had the Queen Mother with them.  I imagine she made sure that the children behaved :shocked:.  Without an imposing presence like the Queen Mother and after watching Louis at other activities I don't think the younger children should be there.  I think it would be asking to much of Louis, Archie, and especially Lillibet to not act like young children during the coronation.  The younger members of the RF seem to allow the kids be kids as long as they can.  To me that seems like the best path for them. 

The QM was no great disciplinarian and very doting and nether was their mother for that matter. I imagine rather their Nannie’s had been coaching them constantly for several weeks on how to behave and they had been practicing  till the adults were satisfied. If you see the home videos of them behind the scenes posing for photos with coronation group both children were cutting up and playful as you would expect though. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I’ll try to find the article I read, but apparently all three of the Wales children will attend and have special roles. This should be entertaining. 

• Thank You 4

Charlotte and George are old hands at this stuff by now and Louis will be prepared up to the day. I am sure those looking to find fault and criticize them will of course but it’s not going be a huge deal. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Other than the funeral last September and the annual Christmas card from the Waleses, have we seen any photos of the Wales children recently?* I haven't, but then I wasn't scouring the internet for fresh pics. I would imagine the two older children are happily attending school and we're not seeing any of that because the press has been told to leave them alone, which is absolutely as it should be. I've never gotten the impression William and Kate issue pictures of their children on anything like a regular basis. Just the Christmas card and the once-a-year birthday photo. Anything else would be a one-off, like the funeral certainly an unusual and extraordinary occasion and one which they may well look back on in later years and be glad they were deemed old enough to attend. I would have been thrilled at that age to be considered mature enough, 'grown up enough,' to handle such an event; perhaps they were too. But anyway, my point is that we see photos of the Wales children only ever-so-slightly more often than we see photos of the Sussex kids. I don't see William and Catherine thrusting them willy-nilly into the path of voracious photographers bent on getting their pics no matter what. 

*ETA: I forgot aout the Jubilee last year, but again, a very rare occasion, and what kid wouldn't want to be part of the fun? Any Jubilee--much less a 70th!-- is not likely to come again for decades, if not centuries, so of course the Wales children would be there for at least some of the events, especially as two of them were well old enough to be there. Louis perhaps not, and because of that, we didn't see much of him at the any of the festivities. Very sensible of his parents.

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 4

On 3/18/2023 at 10:33 AM, Loveday said:

I would have been thrilled at that age to be considered mature enough, 'grown up enough,' to handle such an event; perhaps they were too.

I don't think you attended as many ceremonial events as they have in their lifetime.

And George and Charlotte don't look thrilled to me to be out in public. Thrilled children do not look like this.

Wf295f5C6wTXNxf8XuQ8bV-1200-80.thumb.jpg.3a5bd6d8373f993759b99cf5c7af38b5.jpg

If you scour the internet, you can find far more pictures of the Cambridge kids than the Sussex ones. 10 to 1, if I had to guess. The Sussexes protect their children--as private citizens this is far easier for them.

On 3/18/2023 at 11:49 AM, viii said:

https://people.com/royals/prince-george-princess-charlotte-prince-louis-join-coronation-carriage-ride-report/

They're going to participate in the processional. I imagine their parents will be in the carriage with them so antics should be kept to a minimum sadly.

I might be alone in this but it would be nice if H&M with their kids rode in a carriage behind the Wales. Gives them a chance to show off their kids without expecting too much from a 4 year old and 1 year old. 

It's impossible. Harry and Meghan would never agree. Those in the crowd who dislike H&M (and there are many) might do something that would scare the kids or puzzle them. I've read that they probably won't bring the kids because of concerns for their safety. 

19 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

George and Charlotte will both attend. Louis is too young. 

They wouldn't leave Louis out. First of all, he's ridden in a carriage before and he did OK. Secondly, the need him! The public wants to see the cheeky little fellow (as he is called) far more than then want to see Anne or Edward!

I don't think many people are going to criticize how little children act in front of a huge crowd of people. Most *adults* would have difficulty with thousands of peoples staring at them and lots of cameras clicking!

I expect they'll look somewhat confused and apprehensive, as they usually do. But criticizing a child's behavior is not a place I'd want to go. Even if a kid did "act up," it'd be understandable given all the noise, the pressure, the over-stimulating environment.

Yes, Charlotte and George are old hands at this, and that's a shame. They should be protected and given as normal an upbringing as possible.

When Louis rides in the carriage, just think. . . thousands of people will be staring at him, pointing cameras at him, hoping he'll do something funny,  maybe encouraging him to. . . that can't be good for a five-year old boy.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, viii said:

It's lose-lose either way for Harry and Meghan. 

It's "lose" if they return to Britain to be abused. As you say, no one wants them anyway, so why go?

It's "win" if they stay in their mansion and celebrate their 4 year old's birthday with a party. A day spent in the sun, surrounded by excited little guests and your own happy kids? What could be bad?

Really, what would be better for Archie? That's really the question. It's his birthday.

Is it better for him to fly for a long time to go to a strange place, where his parents will be extremely tense? Where he might even pick up that they are disliked or unwanted? While he is watched by a nanny as they rush in and out? And whenever he goes outside, people are focusing big black cameras at him? Is that a happy birthday for a little boy?

Is it better for him if he is left at home, while his parents go on a stressful trip and appear unhappy before and after it? While he celebrates his birthday with a nanny and baby sister? 

Is it better if his parents stay home, and he celebrates his birthday in familiar surroundings, with people who love him? 

I pick #3.

On 3/16/2023 at 6:53 PM, SoSoNosy said:

I totally agree with that.

First she's pushing her way into a family funeral, and now she's too callous to go at all!

On 3/16/2023 at 3:45 PM, viii said:

They protect their children. 

If they wanted attention, the #1 best way to get it would be to release pictures of their 2 and 4 year old. The media would love that. They'd get tons of attention!

That's why the Cambridge children are trotted out so often. They're trotted out even though it seems to make George miserable, Charlotte apprehensive, and Louis is too young. They trot them out anyway, because they are seeking attention--positive attention--and kids are the best way to get that.

In contrast, H&M have remained silent for months, their children are barely seen, they've made their statements through a spokesman. . . and still they are attention-seeking? I'd say they are a young family trying to live their life.

The media, OTOH, brings them up every second of every day. The UK royals have been making lots of royal visits ("working" I believe it's called) and almost none of it is covered in the press. The tabloids are too busy reporting on how H&M are "irrelevant."

Edited by Jackie3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Harry and Meghan 15
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic