IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 46

GreyhoundFan

On 2/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, AnywhereButHere said:

Florida is getting damn scary. 

I could kind of get behind an actual The Giving Tree remake though. Even as a kid, I thought that tree needed some serious boundaries and needed to give the boy a good smack or two upside the head with her branches. Friendship is a two way street, buddy! 

Someone wrote one! He includes directions where to paste his rewrite. He sells tshirts with the Tree Who Set Healthy Boundaries.

https://www.topherpayne.com/_files/ugd/91bb14_622b75781da64356bcb9112b3ce069f0.pdf

https://www.topherpayne.com/giving-tree

Edited by AlmostSavedAtTacoBell
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• AnywhereButHere

image.png.51a33940d4606e8c1c83eec6efe4b01d.png

"Balloon Crowd"

MAGAts spent the week criticizing President Joe Biden for “allowing” the Chinese spy balloon to float across the country before shooting it down Saturday off the coast of South Carolina. They continue to ignore that shooting it down over human beings could have been a very bad thing. They continue to ignore gravity.

But most of all, they keep talking about how Donald Trump wouldn’t have allowed China to float a balloon across our nation.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy tweeted, “First Biden refused to defend our borders. Now he won’t defend our skies.” This guy receives classified information. He knows the deal. He’s just politicizing without context. So, Kevin…what should the president have done? First, Kevin revealed his ignorance of the debt ceiling, and now this. Kevin McCarthy is the worst Speaker in the history of the House.

Marjorie Taylor Greene tweeted, “President Trump says ‘SHOOT DOWN THE BALLOON!'”

MTG also tweeted, “The Chinese respected President Trump because they feared him. They know he will protect America at all costs. The CCP doesn’t fear Joe Biden. Xi is laughing at him.”

Stephen Baby Goebbels Miller, who was Special Nazi Advisor to Trump during his administration, tweeted, “A Chinese spy balloon casually invading our air space for all to see, conducting day after day of espionage in broad daylight undisturbed, is a stark visual demonstration of Joe Biden’s crippling weakness and our excruciating national humiliation.” This guy knows national humiliation. Remember him going on TV after spraying Hair-In-A-Can on his head? He looked like a goosestepping Chia pet.

Matt Quagmire Gaetz tweeted, “I wonder how much the CCP-funded Biden Center at UPenn studied Balloon Theory.” The only thing Matt Gaetz has studied about foreign policy with China is having chow mein noodles at Panda Express.

Lauren Boebert tweeted, “That balloon would never have made it over US soil if Trump was President.”

Boebert also tweeted, “In case you ever had any doubt, China owns Joe Biden.” Boebert and MTG both have lady boners for Trump.

And then Boebert tweeted, “US officials have admitted that they were monitoring the Chinese spy balloon since it flew over the Aleutian Islands. So, we didn’t shoot the balloon down over water and instead let it enter our continental airspace?” Yeah. Why didn’t we shoot this balloon down when it was over that ocean between Alaska and Montana? Sheesh!!!

Jim Gym Jordan tweeted, “President Trump was tough on China. Biden lets them fly spy balloons over our country.”

The problem with all these claims about Biden letting this balloon invade our airspace is refuted by the report that he gave the order to shoot it down Wednesday and to do it after it was safe to do so. Can you imagine if the balloon was shot down over a civilian population and deaths occurred from it? Republicans would have said something about that.

Ted Cruz actually praised Biden for shooting it down but also chastised him for waiting so long, again… ignoring that gravity thing. Mexicans are still mad at their government for allowing Ted Cruz to fly over their airspace when he was fleeing a winter storm in Texas for sunny Cancun.

And the claim that Trump wouldn’t have allowed the balloon to enter U.S. airspace is ruined by the statement from the Pentagon that during his presidency (sic), three Chinese spy balloons entered U.S. airspace. The only way to save face with this is to deny it.

Trump denies it. He said it was “disinformation.”

Former National Security Adviser to Trump, John Bolton told Fox News Digital that he could “say with 100 percent certainty” that no such balloon flights took place during his tenure. Bolton was only in the administration for about a year and a half.

Former Trump Defense Secretary, Mark Esper, said, “I don’t ever recall somebody coming into my office or reading anything that the Chinese had a surveillance balloon above the United States.” Esper is another who only spent about a year and a half in his position.

John Ratcliffe, Trump’s final Director of National Intelligence said, “It’s not true. I can refute it.” He held his position for about seven months.

Another problem with their denials is that one of the denials is coming from Trump and the others are coming from people who worked for Trump. They’re all liars.

If you believe any of these goons are telling the truth about there not being any Chinese spy balloons flying over our country during the Trump administration, then I have a great wall in China I’d like to sell you. Cheap.

• Upvote 6

image.png.03067c2c8f8ef5f9d68cdf72db0a15ee.png

"Hot Air Espionage"

I drew a cartoon for CNN on the Chinese spy balloon which will run tomorrow (Sunday). I usually wait until after the CNN cartoon is published before I hit the same subject, but this spy balloon business is too much fun.

After I finished drawing CNN’s cartoon yesterday afternoon, I thought of another idea I liked that I intended to draw today, but after traveling by bus from Indianapolis to Kokomo, Indiana (please…I can’t take any more Beach Boys references), I got this idea right as I sat down at Starbucks.

I spent all day Thursday traveling. During one of my many many many layovers, I received a comment from my friend, fellow cartoonist, and pride of Green Bay, Joe Heller, who asked if I had seen any Chinese balloons while traveling. I was like, “What the Hell are you talking about?”. I had been in the air all day and hadn’t been able to keep up with the news, which of course is when China decides to send a balloon to spy on our country. Watching TV in my hotel room with very bad WiFi Thursday night, I saw what all the fuss was about…and it’s all the news was about on Friday too.

So what’s the deal with this balloon? Why would China be so brazen to float a spy balloon over the United States? They had to know we’d see it. We look up in this country. China said it’s an oops, but we know they’re lying. And then they sent another to float over Latin America. Why are they spying on Belize?

Laurent Boebert tweeted that Donald Trump wouldn’t have let this spy balloon invade our airspace. She then tweeted, “Joe Biden has just given the “okay” for Chinese spy balloons to fly all over our nation.” It’s tweets like this why #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb has been trending for over a year. You would think from her tweets that we wouldn’t be able to look up without seeing a Chinese spy balloon.

Here’s the thing, kids: Gravity exists even if you don’t believe in it. If you shoot a balloon down, it falls to the ground. There are things on the ground, like people. Wanting to shoot it down over land is a seriously stupid idea and thank God nobody would ever put someone like Lauren Boebert in a position of responsibility… which says a lot about her voters who sent her to Congress and Kevin McCarthy who put this moron on the House Oversight Committee.

If Donald Trump was president (sic), the first thing he’d ask about shooting down a spy balloon would be, “How will this affect me financially?” He might also ask, “Will this hurt the over dozen patents China gave Ivanka?” He’d probably also ask, “Balloons? Why didn’t I get a balloon? Isn’t every day all about me? And where’s my cake?” He’d definitely ask, “Before we shoot it down, it’s not from Russia, is it?” I’m sure after it was shot down he’d boast that he shot it down while Obama never shot down a Chinese spy balloon. And if China sent a balloon while Trump was president, he’d probably say it was a gift for the cake he gave Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago.

Ya see, Lauren Boebert, Russia wouldn’t DARE fly a spy balloon over American air space if Donald Trump was president. They wouldn’t have to. They’d just have to visit the Oval Office where Trump wouldn’t allow the press to watch, and where Trump will gladly give them classified information, even if it came from an ally.

So I don’t want to hear this shit about President Biden being weak and Trump being a strong president (sic) who was oh-so patriotic. Donald Trump was a goon for Russia. He was a useful idiot. Donald Trump said he trusted Putin more than American intelligence, which he recently reiterated. Donald Trump said Putin was a stronger leader than President Obama. Donald Trump repeated Putin’s talking points. Donald Trump said Putin was a genius for invading Ukraine. Donald Trump sent white nationalist terrorists to attack the Capitol in order to install him as an unelected dictator. Donald Trump is a domestic threat to this nation.

I think one thing the spy balloon tells us is that China’s technology isn’t as advanced as we thought it was. While we’re upset about the balloon invading our airspace, our satellites do this daily to China and other nations.

I don’t believe our government is going to allow this balloon to escape. They’ll either shoot it down after it passes over the east coast and is above open water. Or better yet, they’ll capture it.

The Chinese spy balloon won’t be a threat to this nation for long. Unfortunately, we’ll still have the hot air of the Russian spy balloon for a long time.

• Haha 6

3AD2C095-B37E-4954-84DA-25558F65F99D.thumb.jpeg.468e7ddb7f09842fc30190c893b03de8.jpeg

• Upvote 5

B8E60CA4-CD77-457C-A19A-E6B75DFA9D8D.jpeg.1a43ade918faff9c87a5085decd96d90.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic