• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• AnywhereButHere

2F7F1379-E63A-48B6-BCF2-A890267ED5B5.thumb.jpeg.d8da4777ecfd0d1325526c55bb9cf5b8.jpeg

• Haha 7

"Goon Committee"image.png.a0c2f66ec106b0327d6280f7e7f7c844.png

"Goon Committee"

Kevin McCarthy is abusing his power as Speaker of the House. Of course, the only way he could secure enough votes from the extremists in his party was to make deals to abuse his power.

The Speaker of the House has the power to remove members from select committees and he’s done that with Democratic Party House members Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell who he has now formally removed from the Intelligence Committee. He doesn’t have the authority to remove members from regular committees which is what he’s attempting to do with Ilhan Omar.

The only reason he has to do this is vengeance, political retribution, and to keep promises to the goon caucus in his party. This is revenge for the removal of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar from committees when the Democrats had the majority.

Greene and Gosar both expressed support for violence against their House colleagues. Their removal was bipartisan with several Republicans voting with the Democrats. Greene and Gosar have also spoken at white supremacist parties.

It will take a full vote of the House to remove Omar from the Foreign Affairs Committee, which McCarthy is planning. His reason is that she’s expressed antisemitic sentiments in the past, for which she’s apologized. Never mind all the Islamophobic comments from Marjorie Taylor Greene and her support for terrorism who he has put on the Oversight and Accountability Committee and the Homeland Security Committee. He’s also put fellow Qanon conspiracy theorist and Islamophobic Lauren Boebert and white nationalist Paul Gosar on the Oversight and Accountability Committee. McCarthy doesn’t really have an issue with antisemitism since he groveled for the support of one, Donald Trump, who dines with white nationalists and antisemites at Mar-a-Lago (right where he keeps his stolen classified documents).

Republicans have argued that Schiff used his position on the Intelligence Committee to lie about the connections between the campaign of Donald Trump and the Russian government despite an investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller that found no such coordination. But did he lie? The Trump Campaign did share polling information with the Russians. The Russians didn’t start attacking the servers of the Democratic Party until the day Trump publicly asked them to. Donald Trump read information gained from Russian hackers at his hate rallies. There’s also the fact that the Trump Campaign invited Russians into their headquarters at Trump Tower on 5th Avenue to dish dirt on Hillary Clinton. Matt Gaetz has even issued a resolution that would ban Schiff from having access to any classified information.

That’s fucking rich. That goon who defends Trump’s stealing of classified information which he kept at his country club, and who asked Trump for a pardon for his involvement in an insurrection, wants to ban someone’s access to classified information.

McCarthy booted Swalwell because of connections with a Chinese spy although an FBI investigation found no wrongdoing on his part.

Let me get this straight. They’re kicking Schiff off the House Intelligence Committee for making claims that Trump colluded with Russia, arguing that the Mueller investigation couldn’t find any evidence of collusion. But, they’re also kicking Swalwell off the same committee claiming he colluded with a Chinese Spy despite another DOJ investigation being unable to find any evidence of…wait for it…collusion. McCarthy and the Republicans’ arguments to remove Schiff is destroyed by their own arguments to remove Swalwell.

And if you want to remove Schiff for saying something that’s not true, then shouldn’t every Republican who voted against certifying the election be kicked off their committees? Why are goons like Greene, Boebert, Gosar, Gaetz, and Jim (Gym) Jordan on committees after lying about the election and their involvement in the insurrection? They all helped the Trump campaign lie about the election, helped him try to steal the election, and supported an insurrection. But I guess saying Trump colluded with Russia (which he did) is worse.

And speaking of liars, how do you have a problem with Schiff, Swalwell, and Omar being on committees while you’re putting pathological liar George Santos on two committees?

Kevin McCarthy argues that Santos’ constituents voted for him, although they didn’t know who they were voting for. But didn’t Schiff’s, Swalwell’s, and Omar’s constituents vote for them too?

Kevin McCarthy is the worst Speaker of the House in the history of houses. This guy shouldn’t be speaker of a doghouse. He sucks. He’s weak, he’s a coward, and he’s doing the bidding of the goons, not his constituents, and not for what’s best for the nation. These moves, kicking Democrats off committees while appointing racist terrorist-supporting goons, prove that nothing coming out of Kevin McCarthy’s mouth can be taken seriously. He’s a joke who has lost all credibility. The reasonings he’s using to remove these Democrats from committee assignments are not on par with the reasons for removing Greene and Gosar.

In two years, we get to kick Kevin McCarthy out of the Speaker’s office.

• Upvote 6

image.png.5c987be903027c41a5286bb981ff227a.png

"Prowling With Tucker"

Perhaps the worst thing that will come of Mars Wrigley replacing their “woke” spokes candies for M&M is that now Tucker Carlson will start drooling over Maya Rudolph. Poor Maya. She doesn’t deserve that.

Personally, I believe the people on Tucker’s staff really don’t like him. It’s like when Donald Trump walks around with toilet paper stuck to his shoe and nobody tells him (Wanda Sykes said you will run across an airport terminal to help a stranger get TP off his shoe). With Tucker, nobody cautions or warns him that he’s going to come off as an entitled prep-school trust fund baby with a weird fetish by delivering a monologue on Green M&M being sexy. Nobody told him to expect a political cartoon on it…or a second.

Poor dumb horny Tucker.

About a year ago, Green M&M lost her knee-high go-go boots for sneakers. Tucker was upset and added it to his long list of cancel culture outrages like Dr. Seuss removing one of its more racist books from future publications, Mr. Potatohead dropping the “Mr,” the sexual-harassing French skunk being removed from Space Jam 2, and Velma having the hots for Daphne. Wait. That last one hasn’t happened yet, has it? We should tell Tucker that Fred has a thing for Shaggy. That will blow his mind. Ruh-roh!

But companies change their advertising campaigns. When was the last time you saw the Geico Cavemen? Hasn’t the gecko campaign run its course yet? And Progressives Flo has been doing it for over a decade by now, right? And Lilly for AT&T…don’t you touch Lilly. She’s wonderful.

But Tucker was livid over Green M&M losing her Nancy Sinatra go-go boots and ranted, “M&M’s will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous. Until the moment you wouldn’t want to have a drink with any one of them. That’s the goal.” He also accused Green M&M of being “less sexy.”

Seriously? This is the number-one-rated news show?

All the M&M mascots have now been replaced with comedic actress Maya Rudolph who Tucker has probably less of a shot with than sexy Green M&M.

But Tucker, when you’re out on the prowl and spot Green M&M in a bar looking all good and sexy and you just wanna take her home to melt in your mouth (I had to squeeze that in somewhere…and I know. Ew), just make sure it’s not George Santos in drag. This is why I prefer plain M&M over nuts.

• Upvote 4

image.png.303489300b72491324182822555c1b2a.png

"Facebook Ban-alamadingdong"

I really enjoyed this cartoon because it’s a bit personal for me. I believe that no other editorial cartoonist in this country has been hit as much by social media platforms as I have. I’ve had cartoons removed from Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. My cartoons are often blocked out with a warning on Truth Social because they’re too brutal for the delicate sensibilities of MAGAt snowflakes. I’ve had videos removed and have been suspended on YouTube. I’ve had videos removed on TikTok. Soon, I expect to have suspensions on Post and Tribel (for what it’s worth, so far I think both of those platforms suck).

I had a cartoon removed from Instagram a couple years ago that also got my account deleted. The cartoon was critical of homophobes in the nation of Brunei and Chick-fil-A. I still don’t know which of the two filed the complaint, the Sultan or the bigoted waffle fry fucks. But Instagram didn’t just suspend me, they deleted my account. Then they reversed course and told me they made a mistake but they never did restore my account, so I had to create Claytoonz 2.0 and start building all over again. Fuckers.

The funny thing is, when I get hit by a social media platform, it’s usually for a cartoon attacking hate. And recently, I got a 30-day suspension for an anti-hate cartoon, and within a week of my return, I got hit with another 30-day ban for using the word “Taliban.” And now, my posts are restricted and are being placed lower in people’s news feeds. This is not a conspiracy theory, it’s listed among my many restrictions by Facebook.

And now Facebook and Instagram are allowing Donald Trump to return after a ban of two years. Oddly enough, I’m often hit for a cartoon by one of those two platforms while the other isn’t bothered by it at all despite them both being owned by Meta.

This is horse shit. Donald Trump used social media to incite a bloody coup attempt, tried to overturn an election he lost, and committed sedition in an insurrection, but I lose an Instagram account forever that I spent years building tens of thousands of followers because I criticized a monarchy for handing down death sentences on LGBTQ people and for mocking the homophobic chicken fuckers.

Didn’t these platforms level lifetime bans on Donald Trump? Does “lifetime” not mean lifetime anymore? I did not get that memo.

My second 30-day suspension on Facebook was for typing the word “Taliban,” but now Meta is allowing the head of America’s Taliban to return.

So, yeah. This cartoon is personal.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic