• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• ADoyle90815

• AnywhereButHere

0E2A581D-F008-4CF8-82BE-2161569B9E3D.thumb.jpeg.f329efd713b71d5cba66210c220e52b3.jpeg

• Upvote 12

2F986AB0-A5DD-49DF-824A-FAE915D77837.thumb.jpeg.927e2736432f6218710e2bb77d6d47e8.jpeg

• Upvote 4

image.png.40a571ecf4258c9981578bbe5070031a.png

"Aborting Bare Arms"

Why do Republicans have a hang-up about women exposing their arms and shoulders? Unless it’s Marjorie Taylor Greene or sexy Green M&M, they don’t like women to go sleeveless.

During the Obama administration, they all flipped out anytime Michelle Obama exposed her toned biceps. New York Times columnist David Brooks referred to Ms. Obama’s arms as “thunder and lightning” and that showing off her arms at White House events was “ostentatious.” Rush Limbaugh called her “fat.” Seriously, Rush Limbaugh said that.

Now, as a Trump-appointed federal judge is looking at banning abortion pills nationwide next week (really), don’t look for the protection of women’s rights in yee-haw states where Republicans are instituting dress codes banning bare arms. You know, fucknut states like Missouri and Florida.

House Republicans in Missouri used their very first session to create a rule banning bare arms, requiring all women to wear blazers, cardigans, or jackets while on the house floor. They did not create any new rules for men.

And since Florida Republicans don’t like being out-gooned by other states (like when DeSantis shipped migrants from Texas to Massachusetts so he wouldn’t be out-viled by Greg Abbott), they too have created a new rule requiring women to wear sleeves in the state capitol building. To be fair, they also enacted a new dress code for men too, banning the showing of ankles.

Bare arms and shoulders, Green M&M, men’s ankles…what kind of fetishes are we dealing with here? I still don’t understand the foot fetish a lot of guys have, so I’m never going to understand any of these Republican turn-ons.

I do predict that like banning Critical Race Theory in schools despite the fact it’s not an actual thing, the word “gay,” drag queens, and “woke,” other GOP-led state legislatures will follow suit with their own rules banning bare arms and shoulders, especially if Tucker starts talking about it. Just make sure you don’t go after Green M&M. She’s special.

What all this comes down to is just another white conservative male attempt to control women. Now that’s a fetish.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

20230202_ohman1.JPG

Pffft... Santos gave up his committee positions as soon as he found out it entailed actual work.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

image.png.9cf6383d8c07c51feba131ab65c88842.png

"Debt Scheming"

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (gag) is demanding that President Biden negotiate with him and Republicans on raising the debt ceiling. Republicans make a lot of noise about cutting debt and runaway spending and use the debt ceiling as a tool to hold the nation hostage. Did you know that 28 percent of our nation’s current debt was created during Donald Trump’s four years in the White House (sic)?

Again, raising the debt ceiling does not authorize new spending. It authorizes the United States government to meet its debt obligations on spending that already happened. Republicans are hoping voters are as ignorant about the debt ceiling as they are. Refusing to raise the ceiling threatens the entire world’s economy.

Wait. Didn’t Republicans promise to fix the economy if they won the House? After doing nothing except make empty resolutions, kicking Democrats off committees, and putting terrorist lovers and racists on them, Republicans are finally ready to do something about the economy…and that is fuck it up.

Seriously, you don’t fix the economy by holding it hostage.

President Biden is refusing to negotiate with McCarthy, and he’s right. The legislation that authorized the spending that the ceiling needs to be raised for has already been negotiated. It’s literally already been legislated. Plus, you can’t trust goons, so why negotiate with them? It’s like negotiating with terrorists and in some cases with Republicans, you’re literally negotiating with terrorists.

And how can you take a guy seriously who removes Ilhan Omar from a committee for antisemitism, but gives Ms. Jewish Space Lasers two committee seats?

Now ask a Republican what they want to cut? They made a little noise about cutting Social Security and Medicare but quickly learned that’s political suicide. A few Republicans have mentioned defense spending which we spend over 800 billion on each year, and add more to every year…but there’s no way in Hell Republicans are going to touch that.

This Congress will have to pass a budget in the near future. If they want to cut spending, that’s where they do it, not in a debt ceiling fight, but in an actual budget fight. If you think Republicans are hapless now, wait until they get to the budget. Nutless monkeys would do a better job of crafting a budget than Republicans can.

Every member of Congress needs to vote yes on raising the debt ceiling…and those too stupid to know what it actually does should look back at the most recent debt ceiling fights. That history lesson should educate them real quick on one thing: Republicans always lose debt ceiling fights.

Republicans always lose fights over raising the debt ceiling because it’s a stupid fight. But once again, the GOP has a Speaker of the House who’s stupid.

When asked what his message to McCarthy would be about the debt ceiling issue, President Biden said. “show me your budget and I’ll show you mine.” McCarthy didn’t have a real answer because he doesn’t have a budget. He doesn’t even have a list of programs to cut.

Here’s a negotiating tip, kids: When you make demands, make sure you have an actual list of demands. You just can’t Steve Carell it from “Anchorman” and shout, “Loud noises.”

McCarthy is demanding cuts in the budget and said it’s up to President Biden to tell him there’s not any wasteful spending in Washington. He’s demanding cuts but wants Biden to propose where they can happen. How about no more tax cuts for billionaire assholes? Perhaps McCarthy’ssolution to paying off debt should be a GoFundMe run by George Santos.

George Santos ran a GoFundMe to save the life of a veteran’s dog, but he kept all the money raised for himself, possibly to purchase more blue sweaters. Basically, Santos’ GoFundMe scheme is a lot like all Republican budget schemes. Their schemes are always built on lies and in the end, the people who need the help the most, the ones Republicans promised to help, end up getting fucked while a Republican gets richer.

Have I mentioned previously that Kevin McCarthy is the worst Speaker in the history of Congress? The GOP is proving again that they can’t govern.

When will voters start paying attention to that?

• Upvote 5

63F0EC3F-4B8D-4120-B8A9-53452351874D.jpeg.044f8351368671164d9208f70cc714aa.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I love how he drew DerSantis with the white go-go boots:

• Upvote 7

There’s a Chinese balloon over the US. I love this take on it:

• Haha 9

10 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.788000be58e61f5c4fe82b721ae56f8e.png

image.png.bc712d7323e9845e08f8eefd6036f518.png

Florida is getting damn scary. 

I could kind of get behind an actual The Giving Tree remake though. Even as a kid, I thought that tree needed some serious boundaries and needed to give the boy a good smack or two upside the head with her branches. Friendship is a two way street, buddy! 

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic