IGNORED

Maxwell 53: Escaping the Borg by Marriage. Who'd Have Thought Sarah?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Wow.  So he lives in El Reno (south of Oklahoma City), right?  And we still think that he works at the USDA-ARS Grazinglands Research Lab there?

So-- wedding during Appalachian Bible College fall break?  Or in December after the semester ends?

He's listed on that USDA web site, under Forage and Livestock Production research.

• Upvote 9

He is not self employed. He is educated. He works a paying job for someone else - the government, no less. He probably has insurance & retirement benefits & works with women. Oh, the horrors. I wonder if he owns a house debt free? 

Apparently Christopher is teaching his sons to buy a house debt free & Steve is so very proud. I wonder how he dealt with that little obsession when his adult daughters brought home men they found all on their own? 

• Upvote 37
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

It's a little embarrassing to realize how genuinely happy I am to see this news. Mostly I'm just happy for Sarah.  However, I'm also thrilled that it happened less than a year after she departed from Steve's household so he's faced with the fact that his daughters do much better without his presence.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 10

Where is the wedding registry so I can see if she's listed dusters for ceiling fans and a lettuce cutter?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19

Wow...Steve must really be clutching his pearls. Sarah's wearing jeans, she's having fun, she's hugging her boyfriend/fiance, she might even be kissing! Oh my little demon is so happy right now. 

• Upvote 29
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

SARAH RAE MAXWELL IS ENGAGED!  DOES THIS MEAN THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END?

Seriously though I am thrilled for her.  Kory is pretty easy on the eyes too.  Better looking than the Maxwell males that's for sure.

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Ok so they seem very at ease with each other like they were friends before they even started dating. Plus I saw a picture of Sarah riding piggy back on her boyfriend! 

1 hour ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Where did you find that?

I posted a screen shot on the last page. That’s where I got his name since he’s not on Facebook. You can look up their registry if you Google their names or use a registry finder online. 

This reminds me of Sarah Mally. Getting married in her 40s to another guy in his 40s. Sarah Mally was a little older though so I don’t think they will have kids. But Sarah Maxwell might have one or two. I’m thinking two at the most. Unless she somehow has twins. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

If you watch this video, go to about the 30 minute mark.  You will see the actual marriage proposal to a jean clad Sarah, followed by a full frontal hug!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-SecKIMDL8

Literal happy tears. Sarah isn't much younger than me and I had just gotten married when I discovered the Maxwells. At the time I hoped that she would find a guy who would toe the line for Steve (either faking it to earn Steve's approval, or else really believing his stuff and then having a "revelation" after marriage when it was too late for Steve to say no) and get Sarah out of there but then give her a life of freedom and love - because marrying someone like Steve who would treat her like Steve treated Teri wasn't any prize to strive for. Sarah moving out on her own, wearing jeans, and being involved in a regular church with fun music and activities and getting proposed to onstage after not a no-touch relationship was not even on my radar. My goodness, what a time to be alive!

• Upvote 34
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I want Sarah to have a stunning gorgeous dress.  I want Chelsy and the soon-to-be SIL to help with hair, make-up, and decorations.  Stevehovah will likely insist on the drabbest, cheapest, most depressing, unjoyful, hole-in the wall wedding and want to give his reversal/ fertility sermon.  I want someone, anyone, to stop him.  Maybe Teri could stop being "terified' long enough to yell at him not to spoil Sarah's wedding like he spoiled her life.

Agreed! If that's a strapless mermaid then I want it for her! And if she's comfortable in something like NR-Anna wore, then I want her to have what she's truly comfortable in. And I also want her to have the bridal party of her dreams. If that's a huge lineup of all the siblings, then fine. If she wants just her sisters, then fine. If she just wants to have one friend stand up with her and not have a single family member in the bridal party, that's also fine. I want her to have what SHE wants, not the arbitrary "all brothers and sisters of the bride and groom - so godly, so wonderful!" lineup that the early Max weddings were limited to.

And I hope the word "reversal" isn't uttered the whole day.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 19
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If the wedding registry is correct , they are getting married august 20. Very soon!

According to that church bulletin fundiefan posted in the last thread, Mary's return trip is in the "August teens" depending on flight prices, which would put her back in the States just in time for Sarah's wedding, but would not allow much in the way of dress fittings if she is to be a bridesmaid (unless they knew the engagement was coming and already took care of it before Mary's departure.) So maybe she is or maybe she's not.

• Upvote 13

2 minutes ago, Bethy said:

According to that church bulletin fundiefan posted in the last thread, Mary's return trip is in the "August teens" depending on flight prices, which would put her back in the States just in time for Sarah's wedding, but would not allow much in the way of dress fittings if she is to be a bridesmaid (unless they knew the engagement was coming and already took care of it before Mary's departure.) So maybe she is or maybe she's not.

They can order stretchy dresses from Amazon like they wore as bridesmaids to Chelsy and John’s wedding. That way they won’t need fittings. 

I’m also going to say, Sarah wasn't acting shocked so I’m betting she knew an engagement was coming up soon. Just not exactly when. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 25

I wouldn't mind those OXO Long Reach Dusting System myself. I've had good luck with the OXO brand items I've tried and those ceiling fans won't dust themselves!

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

Don’t most people know an engagement is coming? Many women I know have helped pick out their own engagement rings. Many men have literally asked for their ring size, or asked family members who then tell their relative. People in that close of a relationship talk about things. Granted I’ve never been in a fundie one but I’d assume it at least kind of works the same way. After awhile together you start planning a future together, and that often includes marriage.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The link to their registry was working last night. But now I’m having trouble. It’s BB&B. 

https://registryfinder.com/giftregistries.aspx?index=e0832cbd-6d72-4ce7-b794-f4e28840ae63&t=0

I searched Kory Bollinger (assuming there would be lots of Sarah Maxwells) and found two registries - one for BB&B with her name listed as Sarah Maxwell and one for Target where her name is listed as Sarah Sarah. Both for the same date so I'm assuming it's also them. There isn't much on the Target registry at this point.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Interesting that Kory B is 43 and never married.  In my experience most fundie men marry young . Except for Natty Darnell. But then he has .... uh .... issues.

Do we know for certain that Kory B has never been married? Although it seems likely--his grandmother died in 2016 and no wife is mentioned in the obit: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/168798900/alice-marie-bollinger

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic