IGNORED

Maxwell 53: Escaping the Borg by Marriage. Who'd Have Thought Sarah?

Coconut Flan

We never had this much excitement when it was just the titus2blog!

We thought there would be no news, no photos, no updates and what do we get- it's a fundie fairystory and dreams come true for these girls!  I hope they get what they wish for in life.

There's certainly many a  fundie maiden who is dreaming dreams that there's a man out there, just waiting for her- if Sarah can get married at 40 , then there's still hope for her.

Can you imagine Steve's reaction when Sarah announced she had a boyfriend !! Or worse still introduced her fiance!

Oh to have seen that! I wonder how they met? Chelsy might blab...we'll have to wait and see

• Upvote 37
  • Haha 3

Wow Sarah Maxwell is engaged!  I am in shock but very happy for her! 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, ToriAmos said:

Sarah. Maxwell. Engaged. 
who next?

one of the Arndts. Or a Botkin daughter.

Or Jana Duggar

• Upvote 29
  • Rufus Bless 1

I am grinning like an idiot. They are all still conservative but they told that narcissist Steve where to put his god complex. I am taking this as a win for the good side. 

Someone said it above— this is why Steve sheltered them. And they escaped somehow. 

• Upvote 38

8 hours ago, QuiverMeDone said:

Sarah Maxwell's FB page shows her status as "Engaged"...as of June 29th.... 

OMG!!! Is it a brand new liberation FB as well? It looks like her first public post anyway.image.thumb.png.15b81e0d084ef5c205d3d4072efcb470.png

I am so glad she got in before Mary.  Not that it matters or is my business if she never got engaged but in her world that must feel important, after waiting as she seems to have been doing for so long.

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 38

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

https://youtu.be/m0SM8yYZ0oM

He does the Chidren's message at church- starts about 13 minutes in. Looks a manly GYM!! Check shirts and chinos/ jeans type. Looks about Sarah's age and quite a natural confident speaker with a sense of humour who has a good rapport with the kids. Worth watching- it's only a short 5 minute address- 

20220706_100918.jpg

The message set my teeth on edge, but I agree about his ability to talk to kids and general pleasant affect in that situation. I hope he is truly a decent person, and Sarah will be happy.

The discovery that there are lots of people out there who aren't perpetually dour, death-obsessed and guilt-making like their parents must have been a revelation to these women over the past few years.

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

I am also so happy that Steve has no offspring left at home to look after him.  He'll just be there blowing his ram's horn and then regretting it because it brings the grandkids running and there is no helper on hand to clean up after them!  

The sister-in-law-to-be has a lovely fb page and the kids look really normally dressed sitting next to the pools wearing either proper little swimsuits, or sunscreen type suits depending on the age/weather I presume. No ridiculous leggings or super long swim dresses in sight.

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 26
  • Thank You 1

On 7/5/2022 at 12:37 AM, Lista said:

Am I the only one that think the Maxwells faked it all? Like an online reality show?  Look at us! Perfect family! You can have all hat too if you buy our products! They reminded me of people that would knock on your door & sell encyclopedias.  

They had to keep the clown car going to line their wallets.  But everyone got too old for the facade.  No more cute kids.  It got weird pretending they lived at home. 

the girls didn’t get into college because of a priest.  They didn’t leave home because of a church person. 

they are liars & played everyone. 

they are the original kardashians. Except less money and more toothy. 

I don’t feel sorry for the girls.  It was all a lie lol 

but hey.  My thoughts. 

I met them.  I do not think anything was faked, other than their smiles and happiness.

And omg Sarah is getting married.  I hope it is to someone nice who treats her well and supports her dreams.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4

Wow.  So he lives in El Reno (south of Oklahoma City), right?  And we still think that he works at the USDA-ARS Grazinglands Research Lab there?

So-- wedding during Appalachian Bible College fall break?  Or in December after the semester ends?

• Upvote 14

I know sometimes thread titles are changed when a big event happens. If there's a mod or helpmeet around, maybe something about Sarah getting married can be added to the title of this thread.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

I mostly stick to the Rod threads but I am glad I popped over here and discovered that Sarah is engaged.  Yay, Sarah!  I always felt that Steve was making her stick around to take care of him and Terri in their old age.  I'm delighted that she now has a life of her own and that she's found someone.  Now, Anna and Mary need to make sure they have their own lives and never come home.  And Terri just needs to lay in a supply of Pepsi colas.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

PLEASE, I hope Chris isn't the wedding photographer!

Me too! Congrats to her I’m really happy. Could we have two maxwell girls weddings this year?

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 53: Escaping the Borg by Marriage. Who'd Have Thought Sarah?

If the wedding registry is correct , they are getting married august 20. Very soon!

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

Sarah Maxwell engaged! 😲  What a "hole in the matrix" year it's been for we who've followed the Maxwells for years and years.

Great job all you Free Jinger sleuths!!

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 10

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If the wedding registry is correct , they are getting married august 20. Very soon!

Where did you find that?

• Upvote 5

OH MY GOSH!!! Sarah Maxwell? Damn...there's hope for the other singles! Steve must be shitting his pants. I just hope he doesn't talk about fertility at the wedding. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

Just once in a while it’s so nice to have something GOOD happen to one of the families we follow……(sighs in contentment.)

• Upvote 17
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 7

Sarah Maxwell got engaged on my birthday!  Such a nice present.

I hope she's deliriously over the moon happy. That the proposal was everything she ever dreamed, but never though would happen. I hope that Stevehovah wasn't consulted and pitched a freaking fit when he learned it was a done deal,  I hope Teri (or one of the brothers) told him to knock it off.

Is is wrong to hope Teri cracked an ice cold Pepsi in secret to toast the happy couple?

I wonder how and when they met?  Is is possible it was during that trip she took a few years ago? Is it possible that she kept the relationship a secret and moved out when the girls went off to college. to have more time with her boyfriend?

I want Sarah to have a stunning gorgeous dress.  I want Chelsy and the soon-to-be SIL to help with hair, make-up, and decorations.  Stevehovah will likely insist on the drabbest, cheapest, most depressing, unjoyful, hole-in the wall wedding and want to give his reversal/ fertility sermon.  I want someone, anyone, to stop him.  Maybe Teri could stop being "terified' long enough to yell at him not to spoil Sarah's wedding like he spoiled her life.

Interesting that Kory B is 43 and never married.  In my experience most fundie men marry young . Except for Natty Darnell. But then he has .... uh .... issues.

• Upvote 30
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic