IGNORED

Josh and Anna 54: He's Listed in the BoP Database

Coconut Flan

30 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Considering that Jana along with all the married sisters, as well as most of the sisters-in-law are wearing pants now , I think JB & M have relaxed their stance on pants. Only Kendra and the 4 youngest daughters haven’t been photographed wearing pants at this point.

I don’t think they relaxed as much as gave up.  the four youngest daughters are still dresses only.  The depositions released from the lawsuit are pretty telling, I thought, about how unhappy JB and M were when the married daughters started wearing pants.  It blew Michelle’s “Oh, they wear dresses because they WANT too” nonsense out of the water.  

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

Maybe she has worn pants for years privately and like much of the Duggar BS it was all for show- no TV, yet they all seem to know about TV shows and all watch TV, limited internet yet they all have smart phones and apple watches, leave and cleave yet some of them seem to struggle without relying on the Bank of JB. The only things they were truthful about were the dreadful education and lack of reading. 
As a PP has said , it may be clever PR to garner sympathy for Anna. Perhaps she is considering an interview with a sympathetic publication along the lines of ‘why I know Josh is innocent’. I don’t think they are done with publicity yet.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I feel like skirts only ALL THE TIME without exceptions is pretty rare amongst fundies. I feel like most fundies will wear pants when it is practical. Like skiing or doing house renovations when you’re climbing a ladder. Hell even Jessica Richardson wears pants when working as a pilot. And wears skirts at all other times. David Waller and Pris even let their little girls wear pants. 

• Upvote 13

Anna was very anti-pants on Instagram a few times, insisting her girls never wore them even when it looked like they were wearing pants suits.

I think if Anna had been wearing pants to places like Silver Dollar City prior to Josh being tossed in the slammer (felt nice typing that!) she would have been spotted before. So while I don't think wearing jeans makes anyone even slightly less crazy-fundie, it is a change for Anna, and it's a change that happened right after Josh was sentenced to go away for a long time.

So maybe it is a fuck you to someone. Josh? The in-laws? Her parents? David 'effing Waller?  If it is one, it's something she wouldn't - or felt she couldn't - do when Josh was still in the land of the living. In that respect, it might be a small but good sign.    

• Upvote 28

Honestly, I am starting to think Anna will thrive as a wife of a prisoner and maybe ultimately prefer it. As a connoisseur of all things trash TV, I watch a lot of Love After Lockup, Love During Lockup and Life after Lockup. Many of these women see their inmate loves as perfect mates. They know where he is at all times, he is attentive to their emotional needs, writes long loving letters, and makes grandiose promises about how prison has either shown him the error of his ways to the point he will be Prince Charming when released or he is able to work the woman to the point she believes he is innocent. These women really believe their prison guy is a great catch and will make their dreams come true.

I don’t see Anna being any different, especially since she has a long history with Josh. Her entire identity is wrapped up in being his wife. Anna isn’t like the majority of people on FJ. We know we have to do what is necessary for the betterment of ourselves and our families, whether it’s moving, getting a new job, breaking off a relationship or doing something outside our comfort zone because it is necessary. Anna only knows how to be a fundy wife and mother. Why would it occur to her that she should look for a job, get job training or an education, or put her kids in real school?  Her mindset isn’t like ours so, for Anna, her lifestyle won’t change because she won’t see the need for it to change. Anna will likely stay in the warehouse and Jim Bob will pay all the bills. It will be just as she wants it. 

• Upvote 28
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Anna only knows how to be a fundy wife and mother. Why would it occur to her that she should look for a job, get job training or an education, or put her kids in real school?  Her mindset isn’t like ours so, for Anna, her lifestyle won’t change because she won’t see the need for it to change. Anna will likely stay in the warehouse and Jim Bob will pay all the bills. It will be just as she wants it. 

It's hard for me to imagine her not feeling caged in that horrible shed.  Or feeling even more caged in the big house. 

If Josh was only going to be away a few years, I could see her maintaining the status quo. But once it's fully clear to her that Josh is not going to win on appeal, how does she look at her oldest and think "She'll be 24 or 25 by the time he gets out" and not realize that she needs to forge a new life for herself and her kids?

Anna was a sheltered fundie girl at 20, but that was long ago. Work may be the last thing she wants to think about right now, but some day it might be a liberating thought.   

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, sableduck said:

Actually, considering that apparently JB and Michelle spoke to Jeremy and Jinger about her immodest pant wearing, and that Jill has said that they vocally disapprove, I am kind of surprise to see Anna wearing pants.  I had sort of thought she’d be extra toeing the JB-version of fundiness if he’s truly providing for her and her seven kids.

I'm sure she's realized that jeans would be easier for traipsing around after all those kids. And maybe at this point she's realizing that the fundie promises (pure courtship=happily ever after marriage, modesty=safety from predators, etc) were largely bunk and she's decided she's going to stop trying to earn a good life that way.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like skirts only ALL THE TIME without exceptions is pretty rare amongst fundies. I feel like most fundies will wear pants when it is practical. Like skiing or doing house renovations when you’re climbing a ladder. Hell even Jessica Richardson wears pants when working as a pilot. And wears skirts at all other times. David Waller and Pris even let their little girls wear pants. 

Skirts with no exceptions seemed to be the norm for fundies probably 15 years ago. There were several fundie bloggers I followed back then who dressed that way. but in terms of whole families toeing that line, the Maxwells were one of the last holdouts and that ship has sailed.

• Upvote 14

4 hours ago, sableduck said:

I don’t think they relaxed as much as gave up.  the four youngest daughters are still dresses only.  The depositions released from the lawsuit are pretty telling, I thought, about how unhappy JB and M were when the married daughters started wearing pants.  It blew Michelle’s “Oh, they wear dresses because they WANT too” nonsense out of the water.  

I saw a talk Michelle and JB gave a couple years ago. It was very clear that JB didn't care as much (at all?) about skirt-wearing and Michelle was the one who cared about skirts only. Michelle cared a lot about skirts only. 

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Meh, I don’t see Anna wearing pants as anything other than Anna’s wearing pants. If she gets a job, moves off senior Duggar property and puts her kids in public school then I’ll start thinking she’s growing. As it stands I don’t have any hope she’s any other than the same smug, self-righteous person who’s still digging her heals in about JoshUa’s innocence. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I saw a talk Michelle and JB gave a couple years ago. It was very clear that JB didn't care as much (at all?) about skirt-wearing and Michelle was the one who cared about skirts only. Michelle cared a lot about skirts only. 

It's super common for the Queen Bee women in fundy circles to be the enforcers as much, and often more so, than the men.

They may not make the rules but they sure as heck make sure the rules get followed. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

Mack wore a pink pant suit in the most recent pregnancy announcement (1 week before Josh's arrest).  If Mack was wearing a pantsuit for a photo shoot then pants were clearly not an issue for Anna or Josh and hasn't been for a long time.  It wasn't even a little girl it was the preteen pubertal girl (who would be most expected to conform to adult female modesty standards).

In addition in quite a few photos the younger girls have been wearing normal jeans with skirts on top.  Outfits which would clearly be appropriate without the skirt.  They've been buying girl jeans for years.  I wouldn't be surprised if skirts were being put on over the top of other outfits for cameras.

Anna in pants doesn't surprise me as I suspect its been going on for years.

Pic below - they didn't know what was to come or that the hidden child inside Anna would be over a decade old (and same age as Mack in this pic) before the next family shoot.

image.thumb.png.c9cd02d6daf3a87912a286bf38c0d862.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 7

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

Honestly, I am starting to think Anna will thrive as a wife of a prisoner and maybe ultimately prefer it. As a connoisseur of all things trash TV, I watch a lot of Love After Lockup, Love During Lockup and Life after Lockup. Many of these women see their inmate loves as perfect mates. They know where he is at all times, he is attentive to their emotional needs, writes long loving letters, and makes grandiose promises about how prison has either shown him the error of his ways to the point he will be Prince Charming when released or he is able to work the woman to the point she believes he is innocent. These women really believe their prison guy is a great catch and will make their dreams come true.

This is pretty accurate. The women have the control including money via commissary accounts, get all the emotional attention, and don't have to see the man on a regular basis. No cooking and cleaning for the man, no drama over other women. Also, no sex. For many of these women, the emotional relationship without the sex is a relief. It can feel extremely intimate.

I can see Anna making peace with it.

I also agree she will stay dependent. Even the most motivated women would struggle for independence with that many kids to care for. And she's not motivated.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

I think the only thing Anna will miss with Josh in the slammer is the babies she won't get from him every two years.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, Bethy said:

I'm sure she's realized that jeans would be easier for traipsing around after all those kids. And maybe at this point she's realizing that the fundie promises (pure courtship=happily ever after marriage, modesty=safety from predators, etc) were largely bunk and she's decided she's going to stop trying to earn a good life that way.

Skirts with no exceptions seemed to be the norm for fundies probably 15 years ago. There were several fundie bloggers I followed back then who dressed that way. but in terms of whole families toeing that line, the Maxwells were one of the last holdouts and that ship has sailed.

I tend to think the old skirts-only-no-exceptions canard was mostly  performative. It was sustainable when they were able to control their image more: children under their father’s headship, carefully curated blogs, and preplanned TV filming, etc. And before the smartphone and social media era, very little chance of having your cover blown by being spotted “in the wild” wearing pants.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Bethy said:

Except for JRod. As fundie after fundie dons Levi’s she digs herself deeper in to dresses and skirts only. 
She must having a fit now that Josh Duggar’s wife has become a harlot in pants. I expect a post soon on how she is the only God honoring woman on the planet. 

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I think the only thing Anna will miss with Josh in the slammer is the babies she won't get from him every two years.

I still think there's a decently high chance that there'll be some form of reproductive assistance during that time -whether it's merely him storing sperm or actual embryos created, because as far as I know embryos are still a higher probability of leading to a pregnancy.

Not sure how it would work with their beliefs, but they could have done the math and she said "I still want to be on the every other year schedule, that gives me time for five pregnancies, let's create 10 embryos to be on the safe side." It would also be more likely to give her her highly coveted twins.

People that have gone through IVF could speak more to this -not sure how soon after giving birth she'd physically be able to go through a round of egg retrieval. I assume they could find a doctor easily enough that would be fine with the ethics of it, provided there was nothing physically contraindicated with her.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1

39 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

She might be able to have one more when he gets out. 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Militant Fecundity said:

I tend to think the old skirts-only-no-exceptions canard was mostly  performative. It was sustainable when they were able to control their image more: children under their father’s headship, carefully curated blogs, and preplanned TV filming, etc. And before the smartphone and social media era, very little chance of having your cover blown by being spotted “in the wild” wearing pants.

Yeah, I think a lot of their more outlandish rules were performative to make them look even weirder to TV audiences.  Before the scandals, a large chuck of their viewers tuned in because of their high freak factor rather than their 'godly' way of life...

• Upvote 5

Okay ew never mind. Yea, sometimes I just say the absolute wrong thing 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I still think there's a decently high chance that there'll be some form of reproductive assistance during that time -whether it's merely him storing sperm or actual embryos created, because as far as I know embryos are still a higher probability of leading to a pregnancy.

Not sure how it would work with their beliefs, but they could have done the math and she said "I still want to be on the every other year schedule, that gives me time for five pregnancies, let's create 10 embryos to be on the safe side." It would also be more likely to give her her highly coveted twins.

People that have gone through IVF could speak more to this -not sure how soon after giving birth she'd physically be able to go through a round of egg retrieval. I assume they could find a doctor easily enough that would be fine with the ethics of it, provided there was nothing physically contraindicated with her.

IDK. This would require a lot of pre-planning and money and they are not exactly known for well thought out schemes.

Should he be allowed in-person visits, I could see him maybe trying to pass off some sperm in a baggie. But that's about as well thought out as they seem to get.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

IDK. This would require a lot of pre-planning and money and they are not exactly known for well thought out schemes.

Should he be allowed in-person visits, I could see him maybe trying to pass off some sperm in a baggie. But that's about as well thought out as they seem to get.

They're not known for their well thought out schemes, but they are known for being in a fertility cult and rather committed to it. This is fertility cult stuff, you know Anna was likely plotting. Whether it happened is a maybe, but you know she wanted it to. As someone pointed out up thread: Anna is likely more committed to prolific procreation than Josh was.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

They're not known for their well thought out schemes, but they are known for being in a fertility cult and rather committed to it. This is fertility cult stuff, you know Anna was likely plotting. Whether it happened is a maybe, but you know she wanted it to. As someone pointed out up thread: Anna is likely more committed to prolific procreation than Josh was.

I just don't see it happening.

If they were going to do such a thing, they'd have to do it while he was with the Rebers. But, at that time, the party line for Anna was, "He is innocent, he will be exonerated." so it feels like a bet she wouldn't hedge. Too contradictory. Not that they don't love being contradictory -- it's a feature of their whole deal -- but I just don't see it for this one.

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

Aside from...everything disgusting about this, it wouldn't work. Even if they're alive when kept like this, they're not good at fertilization. And storing them in plastic impacts their ability to fertilize anyway. And you'd have to freeze them. And not like, your freezer. Liquid nitrogen temperatures with a stabilizing agent. 

It's a no go. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

One thing Anna would have to do is sell Josh on the idea of her having an ivf baby while he’s in prison. So often I read here how Josh didn’t want a lot of kids, Josh isn’t in to Anna, Josh calls all the shots. These wives are supposed to submit to their husband’s wants and desires, not demand hers be fulfilled. For Anna to say she wants to have an ivf baby and wants Josh to help he make that happen would be akin to her wearing the pants in the family…….oh wait a minute…….

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2022 at 7:21 AM, imokit said:

Anna's officially wearing pants now.

image.thumb.png.4c21a76972f6339c9fd90ac7e6048a6b.png

This is a change, albeit a small one. I remain hopeful. Remember all the small changes Jill made? 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, noseybutt said:

It's super common for the Queen Bee women in fundy circles to be the enforcers as much, and often more so, than the men.

They may not make the rules but they sure as heck make sure the rules get followed. 

Probably because they have zero control over their own lives , they take it out on other women 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic