IGNORED

Josh and Anna 54: He's Listed in the BoP Database

Coconut Flan

Leaving Anna seems like it would be far too much effort for Josh.

He’ll be gone long enough for a multitude of things to change in a multitude of ways. For Anna, I think it will be challenging to say the least to welcome a husband who’s done prison time back into the home and especially the marriage bed, even tho they’ll keep the communication going while he’s incarcerated. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And they were seen in social media pics together as late as 2013/2014.  

Jim Holt also bought property (10 acres) from Boob in 2017.  They claimed the purchase was exempt from real estate transfer tax under one of the following reasons: "family, gift, consideration of $100 or less".

Weren’t they even on the show? Playing broom ball or something? I feel like the Holts are rewriting history a bit to make it look less awful that they’ve known about this all these years. If they were former IBLP members, I have a hard time believing they didn’t realize where Josh was going. Especially once it became obvious this wasn’t a normal treatment center. It sounds like most of the church new what Josh did and saw warning signs that he had not gotten any real treatment, yet they all stayed silent.

She admitted in court that even after knowing he molested his sisters, they still hoped the marriage would take place. She also said they kicked him out of their house for something unrelated to molesting children. Did she mention what it was that made them finally kick him out? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I feel like the Holts are rewriting history a bit to make it look less awful that they’ve known about this all these years. 

Exactly. And the more they tell a sanitized version of their story, the more real it becomes to them and they believe this accounting of events is how it really all went down. 

I’m not a fan of podcasts, and the Sojo one with the Holts seemed jumbled. A lot of time is wasted as they both go off on tangents unrelate to the main topic and they interrupt and speak over top of each other and don’t always finish their train of thought so you’re left hanging. I think Sojo should have had a list of questions to ask them, like them being in social media pics together and the acres of land purchase in recent years, like Snarkasaurus Rex mentioned, as well as their appearing on the show. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 6

They sat silent while JB &M insisted what Josh did wasn’t that bad. I’m glad they spoke out now, but they knew the Duggars were spouting lies and downplaying horrific CSA and the Holts or anyone else in that church, spoke up. 

I wish the Holts were asked more difficult questions, but I have a feeling they are going to stay in safe spaces where the version of history they created won’t be questioned. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

The good thing I see is that JB never approached the Holts to sign a NDA that we know of...
With Amy I wonder what it covers exactly and how long for? Maybe he made all family members including Michelle’s side sign them and that’s why we don’t hear from them ?

• Upvote 5

I don't believe anything I see on TikTok.  Like literally not a thing. 

As for the Holts, is it me or did they sound giddy? The fundie world is so bizarre.  

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, SunnySide said:

I know so little about NDA’s. Do they expire? Is there any way to be let out of one? If Amy and Deanna speak up while the NDA is still in place can they be sued? I’m sure they have tea to spill, otherwise they wouldn’t have been asked/coerced (not sure how it all went down) to sign an NDA. 

Depends on the specific terms of the NDA. They can be indefinite or for a set period of time, say 5-10 years from the end of the show or from Amy's last appearance.  Depending on the terms of the NDA, there may be ways to get out of it or get around it. Signing under duress is one possibility, but it would be hard to prove. I hope Amy and Deanna are consulting someone knowledgeable. 

They can be sued if they violate the terms of the NDA, but the information will be public by then. It's also hard to assess what kind of damages Jim Bob might claim. Josh is already in jail, so it's not like they're losing income relating to him. 

The Holts' comment that Josh confessed to more than is public - I fully believe that. In fact, I believe there's more that he didn't confess.  If he was able to get away with it, he wouldn't stop at just one action. 

The TikTok lady - While I'm certain Josh had other, um, encounters, with women, I'm not sure if I fully believe her story. She does look younger than her age, which makes her story somewhat credible. But at this point, anyone can come forward and say whatever they want. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I don't believe anything I see on TikTok.  Like literally not a thing. 

As for the Holts, is it me or did they sound giddy? The fundie world is so bizarre.  

I don’t believe the TikTok claim, either. 

That’s a good way to describe the Holts on the Sojo podcast: giddy. They seemed to laugh more than I would expect from people discussing such serious matters. I thought there was an oddity to it.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

I’ll likely get flak for this but here goes. Also, I’ll mention that I have no idea what Josh actually did to his sisters as there have been so MANY reiterations? Stories? Lies? Regarding the incident(S?). Was it 1X mild touching over clothing? Was it far more sinister as mentioned in a previous thread? I don’t know. But, initially I think JB did think he had dealt with it by removing Josh from the home and taking him to the sheriff  (later found to be a sicko) and minister. I think JB thought it was handled and that gave him the confidence to sell his wholesome family to the media for con$umption. 

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SELL THEIR FAMILY AS WHOLESOME AND GODLY IF THEY WERE ATTEMPTING TO HIDE MOLESTATION? COULD JB BE THAT DELUSIONAL?

In addition, JB knew that others within his community knew of the molestations…loose lips sink ships. JB had to have thought that he had handled the issue. Right? If not, he’s delusional, naive and living in alternate universe.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

They sat silent while JB &M insisted what Josh did wasn’t that bad. I’m glad they spoke out now, but they knew the Duggars were spouting lies and downplaying horrific CSA and the Holts or anyone else in that church, spoke up. 

Exactly. Especially since in Bobye’s original testimony at court - IIRC - Josh came to her, privately, and confessed the detail of how extreme the assault on  Joy was. For all she’s knows, at that point, she’s the ONLY person who knows that - but she doesn’t pursue it further, just saying  JB and Michelle didn’t want to talk about it? 

2 hours ago, Cam said:

I don’t believe the TikTok claim, either. 

That’s a good way to describe the Holts on the Sojo podcast: giddy. They seemed to laugh more than I would expect from people discussing such serious matters. I thought there was an oddity to it.

Yeah, the Holts, Cousin Amy, TikTok girl ( who looks creepily like Anna ) and Derek Dillard definitely ALL give off a strong aura of “this is all very, very bad, and very, very, wrong BUT  how can I cap$talize off this horror show” 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

Those parents are absolute pieces of crap!! 

Things I can't get my head around: 

How can you think skirts are more  "modest"? IMO they just make it easier to .... *you know what I mean* 

Why would one go on to have 9 / 10 more children? 

I can answer about skirts.  (The extra kids just boggles the mind.)

Fundies have the idea that pants are men’s clothes and therefore it is immodest for a woman to wear them because for a woman to wear a man’s garb is against biblical law.  Also, pants can be tight enough to show the shape of a woman (very immodest).  

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

52 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Yeah, the Holts, Cousin Amy, TikTok girl ( who looks creepily like Anna ) and Derek Dillard definitely ALL give off a strong aura of “this is all very, very bad, and very, very, wrong BUT  how can I cap$talize off this horror show” 

I’ll be curious what Derick does moving forward. He’s beginning a lucrative career right as the Josh ordeal winds down. Why jeopardize the career by continuing a public fight with JB. Derick has a family to support. With some justice served, more of his and Jill’s side of the story now out there and JB disgraced, maybe Derick will no longer feel the need for social media rants against JB. (We’ll see). Instead, spend the next X number of years establishing the career. One day the Dillards may want to write a book but now is not the time. Jill still wants relationships with some of her family and a tell all book could cause more damage. Finally having financial security and being blessed with and raising three young boys should be a joyful time where both parents are fully present, not distracted by duking it out with Duggars in any form of media. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wish the Holts were asked more difficult questions, but I have a feeling they are going to stay in safe spaces where the version of history they created won’t be questioned. 

One of the guys who did Reddit AMAs about their Duggar experience — it may have been the “I Pray You Put this Journal Away” guy— said that the whole church thought that Josh had a great future in politics and were therefore willing to give him second chances.  There is also the belief that Josh was very young and that he could be saved.

The story the Holts tell has to be taken with a grain of salt whenever it comes to what they themselves said or did.  My impression is that they went along with hushing things up in part because they believed Josh had stopped but also because they didn’t want to hurt the way Jim Bob was marketing himself and his family. Another thing is I suspect the Holts didn’t break with IBPL until later than they say they did.

Regarding Josh being at their house and the parents hoping the relationship between Josh and Kayleigh could be revived, I think it shows that the Holts are telling at least some of the truth.  If they were covering up for themselves in this instance they could have pretended that they were just letting Josh stay in the house but nothing about Kayleigh.  I suspect they thought Josh was “healed” and they may have thought that having him live with them for a while was a chance to observe, to see if he was to be trusted. (If I remember correctly, Josh was working on the Holt campaign, so there was a practical reason for having him there also.)

Anyway, I think they feel guilty that they didn’t do enough to help the girls when it all happened. It is clear that the situation bothered them.

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

Those parents are absolute pieces of crap!! 

Things I can't get my head around: 

How can you think skirts are more  "modest"? IMO they just make it easier to .... *you know what I mean* 

Why would one go on to have 9 / 10 more children? 

Based on things Michelle has said, they were already skirts only. Maybe the skirts went longer? But Gothard insist on long skirts. This just doesn't make sense to me. 

When Josh was 12, they had 12 kids with Jason being the youngest. By the time Josh was 15, they had 14 kids. 

I think by that point, they were used to having babies, they had the sister moms to help them, and they had so many kids it didn't matter if they had more. These people also are heavily invested in prosperity gospel even if they don't use that term. They believe God showers blessings on those who have His favor. That God "blessed" them with more kids proved they were special and favored by God (in their minds).

• Upvote 10

21 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Based on things Michelle has said, they were already skirts only. Maybe the skirts went longer? But Gothard insist on long skirts. This just doesn't make sense to me. 

When Josh was 12, they had 12 kids with Jason being the youngest. By the time Josh was 15, they had 14 kids. 

I think by that point, they were used to having babies, they had the sister moms to help them, and they had so many kids it didn't matter if they had more. These people also are heavily invested in prosperity gospel even if they don't use that term. They believe God showers blessings on those who have His favor. That God "blessed" them with more kids proved they were special and favored by God (in their minds).

It really points out how nuts this is when you point out the timeline - I think the first special was “14 Kids and Pregnant Again”, so they actively sought out public scrutiny right  in the middle of all this chaos and huge family trauma and potential for scandal. Who the F DOES that??  It’s not like they got famous before Joshua’s started molesting his siblings, and they decided to just try to deal with it and keep it out of the public eye the best they could. Or even a few years later, when he was 17 or 18 and they maybe genuinely believed it had been dealt with and was all behind them and maybe it would even help reinforce good behavior. No! Right in the middle. Just….what??

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 28
  • I Agree 10

41 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

It really points out how nuts this is when you point out the timeline - I think the first special was “14 Kids and Pregnant Again”, so they actively sought out public scrutiny right  in the middle of all this chaos and huge family trauma and potential for scandal. Who the F DOES that??  It’s not like they got famous before Joshua’s started molesting his siblings, and they decided to just try to deal with it and keep it out of the public eye the best they could. Or even a few years later, when he was 17 or 18 and they maybe genuinely believed it had been dealt with and was all behind them and maybe it would even help reinforce good behavior. No! Right in the middle. Just….what??

Some couples with family difficulties would pause the pregnancy button and deal with the issues, giving them the time and attention to make changes, adjustments, reassess the whole situation, tend to the needs of everyone in the family. Instead, Meech kept pushing out babies.

Some people think JB will run for office again. I don’t know why he would when it’s plain for the public to see that he only has self interests, fails at working with others and has no long range vision.

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I don't believe anything I see on TikTok.  Like literally not a thing.  As for the Holts, is it me or did they sound giddy? The fundie world is so bizarre.  

They sounded that way to me, too. I agree they have a revisionist version, and it sounded like they only decided to tell the story because 1) unlike Jim Bob, they have a healthy respect for the idea that its best to cooperate with courts and not perjure yourself, and 2) they're pissed that Jim Bob threw Bobye under the bus.

But I'm glad they did speak up and I don't really care how noble they want to sound if they are putting Jboob in his place.

• Upvote 14

37 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I hope the unknown victim writes a tell all, if she wants to.

“I babysat for this weird family and their pervert son groped me.”

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I hope the unknown victim writes a tell all, if she wants to.

Or perhaps a cellmate sometime down the road.

I wonder if/when Josh will lose his aversion to profanity, given the change in environment.  Standards, y'all.

• Upvote 5

I wonder if JB thought that simply calling whatever bible camp he was sending the pest, „treatment,“ would make it so? Because he just wanted to have „the problem“ go away but not have to do the mental/emotional/logistical  labour of actually dealing with it, so he deluded himself into thinking he was doing all he could and surely things would work out some way … (because he was JB, how could he not be awesome and successful??)

Kinda like how some part of my brain likes to think that watching Pilates videos without following along means I’m still active and getting toned and fit … but I’m only harming myself there and not pimping out my eleventy kids for fame. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic