IGNORED

Josh and Anna 54: He's Listed in the BoP Database

Coconut Flan

29 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Some friends of my mom's were also.  They were born in the US, of Japanese descent, and were guilty of nothing.

As a five-year-old,  George Takei, his siblings and his parents were taken from their home and "housed" at Santa Ana race track.  Each family was assigned a single stall, before they were subsequently put on the train to SE Arkansas. 

He sure as hell has not forgotten. 

At 84, ‘Star Trek’ actor George Takei is still on a mission   ‘My childhood incarceration is what I consider my most strongly formative experience. I was shaped by that, and that’s why here I am, 84 years old, and still talking about it’

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 15

9 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I think she is just so besotted with Josh that it's really beyond any understanding.   Perhaps it's because she doesn't want to even think about how things went wrong and were wrong in the first place.

I agree. Josh is a player, and the role he played at home was good husband and father. This is how Anna knew him. I'm sure she can't get her head around the antics of Joshey-Hyde when she married Joshey-Jekyll.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Some friends of my mom's were also.  They were born in the US, of Japanese descent, and were guilty of nothing.

Crazy thing was that while family on his mom’s side who lived in California were imprisoned (cuz basically that’s what it was) his father who was living in Michigan wasn’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

As a five-year-old,  George Takei, his siblings and his parents were taken from their home and "housed" at Santa Ana race track.  Each family was assigned a single stall, before they were subsequently put on the train to SE Arkansas. 

He sure as hell has not forgotten. 

At 84, ‘Star Trek’ actor George Takei is still on a mission   ‘My childhood incarceration is what I consider my most strongly formative experience. I was shaped by that, and that’s why here I am, 84 years old, and still talking about it’

He wrote a very powerful graphic novel called They Called Us Enemy about his experiences which came out in 2019.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Ice skater Kristi Yamaguchi family was also sent to a camp her mother was born in one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 10
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Ice skater Kristi Yamaguchi family was also sent to a camp her mother was born in one. 

I first read about the Japanese internment camps in an auto-biography called Nisei Daughter when I was around 12. The author, Monica Sone, was very restrained in her account, but it was very powerful.  Shortly afterwards, my Girl Scout troop had a Japanese-American woman come to tell us about Japanese customs and to teach us origami.  We were invited to ask questions, and I asked about the camps.  Turned out the woman had been born in one of the camps.  She had no real memories, of course, but family stories.

• Upvote 10

For those of you interested, here's what jail-email looks like. I use Corrlinks, not every prison does. The BOP does. 

Wikipedia breaks down the deal pretty well. I pay 0.25 to send a message, which is cheaper than standard postage but absolutely unheard for email in this day and age. It basically looks like a website from the 90s. I have no idea what the text service does, I think it texts you if you have email in your inbox. I do not know what a premier account does. 

corrlinks1.thumb.PNG.84d65a3a72b7189b27537bc7f967daa2.PNG

corrlinks2.thumb.PNG.9444c872a4282ca0f9a365daf42185cd.PNG

Inmates must pay $0.05 per minute for use of this computer system, and they may print messages at a cost of $0.15 per page.[1] Sending a message to someone can cost up to $0.30.[2] As a comparison, in many U.S. federal prisons, inmates wages start at $0.12 per hour. This service is also available in some state prisons, such as those in Iowa.[3]

Not all federal inmates have Corrlinks access, and inmates may be barred from using the service if their particular crimes involved the use of a computer in any manner. The system does not allow inmates access to the Internet, and all incoming and outgoing messages are monitored. Emails are limited to 13,000 characters and no attachments are allowed (attachments will be removed, which sometimes corrupts the rest of the message). The content of the email may not "jeopardize the public or the safety, security, or orderly operation of the correctional facility".

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 14

18 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I agree. Josh is a player, and the role he played at home was good husband and father. This is how Anna knew him. I'm sure she can't get her head around the antics of Joshey-Hyde when she married Joshey-Jekyll.

Very recently I viewed their cringeworthy engagement video and it's pretty clear how Joshley was able to maneuver / charm Anna into an acceptance. He knew exactly what he was doing.   He was very sure of himself and yes, I think he was able to easily play Anna to the point that even now she can't think of anything other than wonderful husband and dad in spite of mountains of evidence to the contrary.  I suspect it's because she still sees him / has contact with him enough for him to be able to manipulate her.  

IMHO if the scales ever fall away from Anna's eyes, it will be years down the road after living without Josh and finding that maybe life isn't so bad without him.   Perhaps with him locked away in federal prison where she will not have the access / contact with him that she's been able to have while he was local (Rebbers / local county jail) she might have the space to maybe start thinking about a few things.   More limited contact might be the way that Joshley might lose the hold he has over his wife.  

• Upvote 8

23 hours ago, marmalade said:

Could she (and the kids) have been on the Duggar bus that went to the Collingsworth wedding? Could Olivia have been her "bestie?" 

Was her sister, Priscilla, at the wedding? If Anna did go on the Duggar bus, maybe Priscilla drove up (because they don't know any private pilots) and hitched a ride with them to attend.

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth.  I can't vouch for it being true.  

• Thank You 12

5 hours ago, Antimony said:

For those of you interested, here's what jail-email looks like. I use Corrlinks, not every prison does. The BOP does. 

Wikipedia breaks down the deal pretty well. I pay 0.25 to send a message, which is cheaper than standard postage but absolutely unheard for email in this day and age. It basically looks like a website from the 90s. I have no idea what the text service does, I think it texts you if you have email in your inbox. I do not know what a premier account does. 

corrlinks1.thumb.PNG.84d65a3a72b7189b27537bc7f967daa2.PNG

corrlinks2.thumb.PNG.9444c872a4282ca0f9a365daf42185cd.PNG

Wow. Just... wow. I saw a John Oliver episode about the companies making huge money off inmates through phone calls, commissary money, parole etc—is that just what this is? Charging for email simply because they can? Or is it because the emails are monitored that someone has to sit and read them all?

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I first read about the Japanese internment camps in an auto-biography called Nisei Daughter when I was around 12. The author, Monica Sone, was very restrained in her account, but it was very powerful.  Shortly afterwards, my Girl Scout troop had a Japanese-American woman come to tell us about Japanese customs and to teach us origami.  We were invited to ask questions, and I asked about the camps.  Turned out the woman had been born in one of the camps.  She had no real memories, of course, but family stories.

There is an excellent book called Farewell to Manzanar (sp?). I think next to the Teamsters Headquarters in Washington DC just down from Union Station  there is a memorial to all the Japanese placed in the camps. It is a beautiful  peaceful place. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Wow. Just... wow. I saw a John Oliver episode about the companies making huge money off inmates through phone calls, commissary money, parole etc—is that just what this is? Charging for email simply because they can? Or is it because the emails are monitored that someone has to sit and read them all?

That's all it all is. Same with the companies that scan letters because of "security risks". It's all profit. If the prison itself isn't for profit (and some are), there's a company making a buck somewhere for services that should just be, well, free.

I don't believe anybody reads each and every email. It likely works like any security system and flags certain words or phrases.

American Prison by Shane Bauer does a very good job of breaking down the profit system. He went undercover as a guard in a prison. And as for why everybody knows COs are the ones sneaking in drugs, not loved ones dipping letters in unidentified scapegoat puddles? Bauer notes that COs usually work 12 hour days and are paid far below a living wage to do work that is psychologically stressful and, yes, sometimes dangerous. If that's your life...making a weeks pay on sneaking in some kush to an inmate you're friendly with starts to sound pretty good. The whole system is rotten. And, I mean, many folks have proved it but it's also just in plain language for all to read in the Constitution so...

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

For what it's worth.  I can't vouch for it being true.  

Why does he walk like there's a stick up his ass...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Antimony said:

CONSTIPATED from all the carbs and lack of fruit in lock up.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

If Josh is in Seagoville, he can have two visitors for two hours twice month in no contact visits due to COVID as long as he keeps his visit points.  The vending machines aren't available.  One lap child could go in with Anna and another child or possibly another adult with another lap child.  If the children don't behave, they'll be asked to leave.  

The Seagoville commissary shopping list.  

https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/sea/SEA_CommList.pdf

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

If Josh is in Seagoville, he can have two visitors for two hours twice month in no contact visits due to COVID as long as he keeps his visit points.  The vending machines aren't available.  One lap child could go in with Anna and another child or possibly another adult with another lap child.  If the children don't behave, they'll be asked to leave.  

The Seagoville commissary shopping list.  

https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/sea/SEA_CommList.pdf

We pretty much know his kids will behave seeing as they were raised to instantly obey. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Antimony said:

That's all it all is. Same with the companies that scan letters because of "security risks".

I can certainly see why thiey'd worry about security risks. Since they are dealing with criminals, and all.  

You act like you are talking about orphans. These are criminals. Of course they need to look out for "security risks."

They should definitely read their letters.  How would it look if some inmates killed some guards, escaped, and it turned out they'd been writing to people on the outside, detailing their plans? "Leave the weapons by the fence outside the jail." 

These are child molesters, murderers, rapists, drug dealers. Why is it sad that they dont' have a cutting-edge email system? I think they're lucky to have email at all, particularly the murderers. Their victims can't use any email system at all, old or new.

Does it really bother you that Josh Duggar doesn't have the latest email system? Or access to the internet? Well, prisons are full of Josh Duggars--people who sneak, lie, lack empathy and hurt others. People who get off watching babies being tortured. Who cares if they have email at all? 

Maybe we should focus on conditions in foster care, or the elderly in nursing homes. They haven't harmed anyone and are still suffering. My sympathies go to them.

3 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Charging for email simply because they can?

Personally, I'm delighted if Josh has to pay for his emails. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 8
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

We visited Manzanar. There were photos of life in the camp. Little children lined up once a week to return a borrowed toy and get a new one. They noted that supposedly the Japanese were there for their own safety, but the guns pointed inwards, not outwards.

The Japanese were targeted because they were easy to identify. Germans were not incarcerated. 

I'd like to think we're better than that now, but I'm not sure.

image.png.21a7b6a5f9200687dd1276853af64af4.png

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

There is an excellent book called Farewell to Manzanar (sp?). I think next to the Teamsters Headquarters in Washington DC just down from Union Station  there is a memorial to all the Japanese placed in the camps. It is a beautiful  peaceful place. 

Farewell to Manzanar is very poignant also.  I best remember when the family is having to sell everything before they go into captivity and someone is not willing to pay a half-way decent price for the china.  The mother picks up plate after plate after bowl and cup and just throws them on the ground so they break rather than take the ridiculous price offered.

Earlier there is a scene where the father is being questioned about his loyalties and who he wants to win.  He says something like, “When your mother and your father are fighting, do you root for one of them or do you just wish they would stop beating each other?”  Very powerful.

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Antimony said:

Leg irons. Your description made me laugh so loudly I made my cat jump 🤣

• Upvote 3

Inmates must pay $0.05 per minute for use of this computer system, and they may print messages at a cost of $0.15 per page.[1] Sending a message to someone can cost up to $0.30.[2] As a comparison, in many U.S. federal prisons, inmates wages start at $0.12 per hour. This service is also available in some state prisons, such as those in Iowa.[3]

Not all federal inmates have Corrlinks access, and inmates may be barred from using the service if their particular crimes involved the use of a computer in any manner. The system does not allow inmates access to the Internet, and all incoming and outgoing messages are monitored. Emails are limited to 13,000 characters and no attachments are allowed (attachments will be removed, which sometimes corrupts the rest of the message). The content of the email may not "jeopardize the public or the safety, security, or orderly operation of the correctional facility".

Will he be barred from the Corrlinks thing?  His crime was completely on a computer.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I can certainly see why thiey'd worry about security risks. Since they are dealing with criminals, and all.  

You act like you are talking about orphans. These are criminals. Of course they need to look out for "security risks."

They should definitely read their letters.  How would it look if some inmates killed some guards, escaped, and it turned out they'd been writing to people on the outside, detailing their plans? "Leave the weapons by the fence outside the jail." 

These are child molesters, murderers, rapists, drug dealers. Why is it sad that they dont' have a cutting-edge email system? I think they're lucky to have email at all, particularly the murderers. Their victims can't use any email system at all, old or new.

Does it really bother you that Josh Duggar doesn't have the latest email system? Or access to the internet? Well, prisons are full of Josh Duggars--people who sneak, lie, lack empathy and hurt others. People who get off watching babies being tortured. Who cares if they have email at all? 

Maybe we should focus on conditions in foster care, or the elderly in nursing homes. They haven't harmed anyone and are still suffering. My sympathies go to them.

Personally, I'm delighted if Josh has to pay for his emails. 

I agree with you. There’s that expression that goes “don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.” Awhile ago the forum had a discussion about prisons and I said one reason they exist is as a deterrent against crime. Yes, it involves critical thinking: “I see the security flaws in that bank. A cool 50 grand would really come in handy. I know I could do it. Oh, wow, tho. If I got caught I’d do time in the slammer. That ain’t no picnic. And what would it do to my family? There’s no way I could go through with it.”

Apparently it was more important to Josh to follow his perversion than consider the consequences. So there he is.

And there it is:

A4B1E3AA-9087-42B0-91B1-F3949DC35DC5.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 7

Prisons are a terrible deterrent against crime. It's easy to feel that way against monsters like Josh Duggar. I really get that. However, a sizeable portion of our population continues to be non-violent drug offenders. The War on Drugs is a complete and utter failure. No, I don't think people should be punished for the rest of their life for addictions and vices. To heck with anyone who says that. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Are prisons a terrible deterrent against crime? How many more people would commit criminal offenses without them? Crime is a part of society. Without prisons there’d be a free for all.  Do the “scared straight” programs work? I don’t know. Some people fall on hard times and turn to crime. Some people have criminal minds which cannot be changed. Anyway, I did not say the main reason prisons exist is as a deterrent. It’s just one of many reasons with no priority given to its ranking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2

Prisons are good for protecting others against crime. Just the other day, someone smeared poop all over the elevator and doors and walls in an apartment building in my city. That's vandalism. Just keep those that did it in prison till they're pensioners, because clearly their brain cell count is a big fat 0. 

A friend of mine had her pride flag stolen from the outside of her house. Again, prison till they're pensioners for the ones that did it. 

There is literally no reason. That's not about survival, that's just being a dick. Prison. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5
  • WTF 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic