IGNORED

Josh and Anna 54: He's Listed in the BoP Database

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And quiverful, but none of their daughters appear to be following that tenet. Kendra and Joe, yes!

Definitely the no birth control “as many as the lord will bless you with” was extremely important to JB and Michelle! It’s their whole thing.
But I think that one is a little easier for the kids to blur the lines on.  Unless Jill gets a sponsorship for a particular brand of birth control pill, or Jeremy live streams his vasectomy  JB & Michelle can reason that they aren’t using any potential abortifacients or putting a permanent stop to welcoming more blessings. It will be interesting to see what reaction they have if only a couple  of their children go on to have large families. Right now it’s so early on that we only know for sure that Jill and Jinger have done any active family planning- because they’ve said so. It certainly seems likely that the others are using at bare minimum timed avoidance to space pregnancy’s- but nothing JB and Michelle could really call them out on - yet

• Upvote 11

21 hours ago, Cam said:

What is the reasoning behind moving inmates to different prisons while they are serving their sentences?

One I didn't see mentioned above: In the Federal system, they sometimes use this as punishment / control. Convicted fraudster Denny Hecker (from my neck of the woods) was caught with a cell phone and other infractions, and soon thereafter they started moving him from prison to prison every few weeks. Each move involved a hot summer bus trip, no ability to bring your stuff with you, etc. (Apparently they call this "diesel therapy".) It's one way of bringing someone who flaunts the rules back into line.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Oh I agree. While I do think our local program is very forward moving and they do a very good job in general, there are still holes in the treatment plans at time. I think identifying the risk of re-offending behaviors and the why that drives the behaviors is huge.

Don't get me started on Risk Assessments, I think tools are easily manipulated. The ones we use for Probation are a joke. Our professional opinions are often more accurate but we have to use this tool the state chose, because they tell us we have to.

Oh don't get me going either. LOL.

Dr Stephen Hart, one of the co-creators of the HCR-20, is pretty scathing on the use/misuse.  

The gist is that risk assessment tools are excellent for determining treatment needs and understanding what needs to be addressed with juveniles. The tools are horrible at predicting future behavior.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

One I didn't see mentioned above: In the Federal system, they sometimes use this as punishment / control. Convicted fraudster Denny Hecker (from my neck of the woods) was caught with a cell phone and other infractions, and soon thereafter they started moving him from prison to prison every few weeks.

Interesting and bound to be effective.  There is no circle of contacts at the new prison, nobody (guards or prisoners) to set up deals to access contraband.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I feel pretty certain her bestie is Josh. Fundies call their spouses their best friends all the time, and she made a point of noting she was also celebrating the anniversary of her engagement. 

She really needs therapy. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 12

Should we also address that she refers to her own damn birthday as the date she got engaged? That woman has some serious issues

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 5

28 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Should we also address that she refers to her own damn birthday as the date she got engaged? That woman has some serious issues

Ugh. Yes. Hasn’t thought about that.

Her sense of self has been totally squashed out of her by the cult. I agree with previous poster who said deep friendships are unlikely outside of sibling bonds. I think conversations/experiences together revolve around activities and shared roles. I think in this way the show was actually an accurate portrayal of the new relationships. New sister-in-law? Go to a baby shower together and get pedicures. New friend? Set up for a wedding together or go thrifting. It’s always activity/role based, which is fine for what it is, it just lacks the kind of connection that grows friendships deeper.

There’s no critical thought/struggle/honesty to keep things growing. What are you going to deep talk about? How you all agree on the same interpretation of a Bible verse? How you struggle to find joy? Even if they can be honest about things, there’s always going to be a prescribed answer.

To have connection in friendship, each party has to actually have a self to offer each other, and they’ve all worked so hard to die to themselves.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Wasn't she out for dinner with her parents for her birthday when he proposed? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I’m hoping Joshly’s prison job is to clean up the dining hall after meals. After all he swept up crackers for Anna and that proves how Godly he is. 

42 minutes ago, indianabones said:

https://youtu.be/PwJxUV_XiaY

Yes. Here's a video of how it went.

Heavens to Beansie the mom reminds me of JRod. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

I am surprised Anna didn’t make a Father’s Day post about how Josh was the best father ever. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Josh must have landed at his new home. Anna posted on an Instagram story today that she's "road-tripping to visit her bestie" and is celebrating the 14 year anniversary of her saying "YES!".

Gross.

This is the song she claims she has on repeat while headed to see the fuckwit....Oh hunny you won nothing and lost everything 

You keep up that persecuted christian crap, whatever helps you sleep at night...

They say sometimes you win some
Sometimes you lose some
And right now, right now I'm losing bad
I've stood on this stage night after night
Reminding the broken it'll be alright
But right now, oh right now I just can't

It's easy to sing
When there's nothing to bring me down
But what will I say
When I'm held to the flame
Like I am right now

I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul

But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, and I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

You've been faithful, You've been good
All of my days
Jesus, I will cling to You
Come what may
'Cause I know You're able
I know You can

But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Josh must have landed at his new home. Anna posted on an Instagram story today that she's "road-tripping to visit her bestie" and is celebrating the 14 year anniversary of her saying "YES!".

Gross.

It’s my guess if it’s not josh it’s Priscilla or Susanna (was very close to her growing up) 

• Upvote 3

Anna doesn't need to road trip to see Josh.  He's still showing in the Washington County, AR, jail.  Their website is still showing only remote visitation.  BoP site still shows not in BoP custody.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Are Josh’s victims allowed to check up on him to see how he’s doing in prison?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I’m hoping Joshly’s prison job is to clean up the dining hall after meals. After all he swept up crackers for Anna and that proves how Godly he is. 

Heavens to Beansie the mom reminds me of JRod. 

Why? I’ve always thought Suzette was very different from Jill, and found it strange that they’re longtime friends with mutual grandchildren.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Are Josh’s victims allowed to check up on him to see how he’s doing in prison?

I guess I don't understand the question. His mailing address will be public information and anybody can send him anything (provided it gets past the prison rules). Whether he reads it is up to him. I'm not exactly sure what BOP does but most states now use some form of text-only email that inmates can access. 

But there's no other details about how he's doing other than those that come from him. States usually tell you the "earliest estimated release" and any relevant parole hearing dates. I don't remember if BOP does that or not.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Why? I’ve always thought Suzette was very different from Jill, and found it strange that they’re longtime friends with mutual grandchildren.

The clip is from the Kid Farm parody, not the actual proposal. The Michelle character is very Jill like in it

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Freejin said:

Have we determined for sure who the “bestie” is?

It’s Josh, he’s her Pest(ie)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

11 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Gross.

She put it on twitter too.  She is out of her damn mind.  

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

She put it on twitter too.  She is out of her damn mind.  

Wow. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Wow. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost. 

She's not mentally well. There's no doubt left.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Antimony said:

I guess I don't understand the question. His mailing address will be public information and anybody can send him anything (provided it gets past the prison rules). Whether he reads it is up to him. I'm not exactly sure what BOP does but most states now use some form of text-only email that inmates can access. 

But there's no other details about how he's doing other than those that come from him. States usually tell you the "earliest estimated release" and any relevant parole hearing dates. I don't remember if BOP does that or not.

I mean do victims get updates as to what Josh is doing? Like would they know if he participated in therapy, took meds, worked a prison job, ect. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure but some people relatives maybe?) are notified of transfers and other updates. The person who had my phone number before me consistently gets recorded messages notifying her that prisoner #X is being transferred, etc

They are persistent! Autocalls I am sure but there is no way to call back or let them know it’s the wrong number. Annoying as anything when a transfer happens b/c I get about 20 messages and worry that whimever needs to know this info doesn’t know it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic