IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 51: An Unappealing Appeal

nelliebelle1197

The big countdown I remember was when the Olsen twins were turning 18.  I thought it was tacky then, I think it was absolutely disgusting and unacceptable now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

I remember there was site to count until Emma Watson would be adult.

Well it wasn't my cup of tea then 

• Upvote 2

Most recent and the first I heard of it was Millie Bobby Brown and it was vile 

• Disgust 2

I still remember Hollywood slut shaming Roman Polanski's 13 year old victim. I heard statements along the lines of "She dated older men so somehow this means Roman Polanski wasn't wrong in his actions towards her." A 13 year old doesn't "date" older men she is groomed by them. Big difference. 

• Upvote 12
  • Disgust 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

The big countdown I remember was when the Olsen twins were turning 18.  I thought it was tacky then, I think it was absolutely disgusting and unacceptable now.

That’s the one I remember too.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That’s the one I remember too.

I remember the Olsen countdown also. I thought it was very disgusting. 

“Countdown til they’re legal” guess what creep, even when they’re technically adults, if they don’t consent it’s still not legal.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Urgh all those countdowns just make me think why TF do parents still exploit their children and throw them into the spotlight at such a young age knowing just what’s out there on the internet??? Plus the lives of child stars never seem to go well. Olsen twins are successful away from entertainment yes but also appear to be royally messed up by their childhoods, Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, all the reality tv kids (Duggars are a prime example) why do parents do it?

Well I know why, it’s for the money.

Anyway back to the topic…..

• Upvote 9

On 4/22/2022 at 10:29 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Celebrities mostly. As if a 50 year old man crushing on an 18 year old girl vs a 17 years and 364 days old girl is somehow significantly more okay. Sorry creepo, you gross. 

I  also remember when the Olsen Twins turned 18 and there were quite a few websites with countdowns. It was gross. Like one was bad enough but did there need to be multiple countdown websites. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/homeschooling-came-up-in-josh-duggars-trial-and-it-could-have-an-impact-on-his-family

I find this article funny because it was the DEFENSE that brought it up. I counter that argument with this clip of 14 Kids and Pregnant Again, particularly 6:04-6:30.

Not knowledgeable about the evidence recovered and how to set it up???? Yeah, right. ALL the kids were learning about laws at the SOTDRT!

• Thank You 2

On 4/24/2022 at 8:31 AM, allyisyourpally5 said:

Urgh all those countdowns just make me think why TF do parents still exploit their children and throw them into the spotlight at such a young age knowing just what’s out there on the internet??? Plus the lives of child stars never seem to go well. Olsen twins are successful away from entertainment yes but also appear to be royally messed up by their childhoods, Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, all the reality tv kids (Duggars are a prime example) why do parents do it?

Well I know why, it’s for the money.

Anyway back to the topic…..

Just look at the Olsen twins and then look at their sister Elizabeth. She appeared here and there in a few of their straight to video movies but she stayed out of the spotlight growing up. Now she’s an actress as an adult and seems fairly grounded. While her sisters have left show business completely and have had struggles from growing up in the spotlight. 

• Upvote 8

Tia Levings on Instagram today: 

The IBLP has a “legislative remedy” for divorce: a covenant. It’s a legally-binding contract that makes divorce nearly impossible.

The rest of her post re: Josh and especially Anna + IBLP under the spoiler: 

Spoiler

Anna and Josh Duggar were both raised in Bill Gothard’s IBLP. Not only does Christian Fundamentalism not believe in divorce, but with the implementation of Covenant agreements, they remove any chance an abused woman has for freedom.

While free women understand Anna has recourse—like potential book deals, family support, space to exist away from Josh—captive women don’t realize recourse exists. They don’t have access to information. Finances. Credit. Allies. Getaway cars. They’re additionally caring for children, undereducated, and afraid of the world “out there.”

But Anna’s situation is an example to us all. With the rise of IBLP-trained lawyers and politicians, and plenty of unaware Christians embracing covenant marriage without realizing the potential implications, covenant legislation is a likelihood. It’s part of a long strategy the dominionists follow.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

52 minutes ago, Howl said:

Tia Levings on Instagram today: 

The rest of her post re: Josh and especially Anna + IBLP under the spoiler: 

Hide contents

Anna and Josh Duggar were both raised in Bill Gothard’s IBLP. Not only does Christian Fundamentalism not believe in divorce, but with the implementation of Covenant agreements, they remove any chance an abused woman has for freedom.

While free women understand Anna has recourse—like potential book deals, family support, space to exist away from Josh—captive women don’t realize recourse exists. They don’t have access to information. Finances. Credit. Allies. Getaway cars. They’re additionally caring for children, undereducated, and afraid of the world “out there.”

But Anna’s situation is an example to us all. With the rise of IBLP-trained lawyers and politicians, and plenty of unaware Christians embracing covenant marriage without realizing the potential implications, covenant legislation is a likelihood. It’s part of a long strategy the dominionists follow.

Yea…I don’t buy it in Anna’s case. Even covenant marriages allow for legal divorce in these circumstances. Anna has access to the internet and - most importantly- her own siblings have divorced and even had children out of marriage - and are still an active part of family life and welcomed by her parents. She knows people who were raised just like her who leave and do fine.  Working full-time outside the home at time would not be realistic financially. But if she WANTED to she could certainly emotionally separate from Josh, she could do part-time work from home clerical work, she could certainly demand a house from JB. She could even stay at the compound and build up her resources so she’s ready to go in a few years, so when Josh is released he doesn’t come home to live with a bunch of little girls.  She’s NOT doing any of that though. She’s the ONLY one defending him. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Yea…I don’t buy it in Anna’s case. Even covenant marriages allow for legal divorce in these circumstances. Anna has access to the internet and - most importantly- her own siblings have divorced and even had children out of marriage - and are still an active part of family life and welcomed by her parents. She knows people who were raised just like her who leave and do fine.  Working full-time outside the home at time would not be realistic financially. But if she WANTED to she could certainly emotionally separate from Josh, she could do part-time work from home clerical work, she could certainly demand a house from JB. She could even stay at the compound and build up her resources so she’s ready to go in a few years, so when Josh is released he doesn’t come home to live with a bunch of little girls.  She’s NOT doing any of that though. She’s the ONLY one defending him. 

She may be waiting to find out the sentence and once she knows will plan accordingly. That is what I would do in her shoes. 

• Upvote 3

I can’t help but think there’s an in between choice. People seem to think that her only choices are stay in marriage with Josh and be the supportive godly wife or divorce him. But she could “separate” from him since he’s in jail. If he’s there for 10 years, she does not have to support him for those 10 years. She doesn’t have to visit him or call him. She doesn’t have to send money for snacks or care packages. If the kids want to visit, they can go with JB and Michelle. If the kids want to write to him or talk in the phone, they can do that without Anna being involved. Unfortunately I don’t think Anna will do that. I think she will support him no matter what. 

• Upvote 13

28 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

She may be waiting to find out the sentence and once she knows will plan accordingly. That is what I would do in her shoes. 

Being a gross pervert and loving your wife and kids are not mutually exclusive. Josh is a performer, having grown up on TV (possibly why he smiled on his mug shot - it's ingrained in him to smile for the camera). I believe he did his devoted husband and father performance ( and he may actually care for his family) when he was with them. That is the experience she had with Josh and why Anna cannot accept Josh's other life. It's incongruent with the life she had with him. 

I think his present crisis has caused them to hunker down (I'd say circle the wagons but Anna is the only wagon in the circle) and become closer and more enmeshed emotionally in their relationship. It will take a lot of time and distance for Anna to get some perspective on her life with Josh.

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/homeschooling-came-up-in-josh-duggars-trial-and-it-could-have-an-impact-on-his-family

I find this article funny because it was the DEFENSE that brought it up. I counter that argument with this clip of 14 Kids and Pregnant Again, particularly 6:04-6:30.

Not knowledgeable about the evidence recovered and how to set it up???? Yeah, right. ALL the kids were learning about laws at the SOTDRT!

I like how when she sets herself down to talk about big serious bankruptcy laws to 7 year old Joy and literally none of the kids are looking at/listening to her

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

I like how when she sets herself down to talk about big serious bankruptcy laws to 7 year old Joy and literally none of the kids are looking at/listening to her

I like how they go on a “field trip” where they’re given masks and they don’t object or cry about freedom.

Also I wonder how many times adult Jill has watched that clip of her 11 year old self talking about jurisdictions and lifting a Buddy to the washing machine. I wonder if it makes her feel angry or just sad for her lost childhood.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Whoa. Watching this video gives me the creeps. The singing on the van. The schooling at the DRT. Grocery shopping. On and on. Not a moment’s rest from other members of your family. Not ever. 

The girls and Meech’s clothing are beyond hideous with the huge white collars. Look at Joy’s get-up when the oldest five girls are standing together at about the 5 minute mark. I mean, wtf.

D4C6C060-4AE1-4135-8463-A8764812EB48.jpeg

Here’s a screen shot from another 14KAPA clip. The way JB and Meech are positioned, she looks like a blowed up ventriloquist doll sitting on his lap. 

5029265C-22E7-4E10-9D99-ED3A785F86DF.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Cam said:

Whoa. Watching this video gives me the creeps. The singing on the van. The schooling at the DRT. Grocery shopping. On and on. Not a moment’s rest from other members of your family. Not ever. 

The girls and Meech’s clothing are beyond hideous with the huge white collars. Look at Joy’s get-up when the oldest five girls are standing together at about the 5 minute mark. I mean, wtf.

Here’s a screen shot from another 14KAPA clip. The way JB and Meech are positioned, she looks like a blowed up ventriloquist doll sitting on his lap. 

I bet those were their best dresses. They probably dresses up for the cameras. I’m guessing day to day, they had much plainer dresses and hair.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I never really watched the show, just clips on youtube, and had never seen anything from the early specials.  That is so creepy!  How did anyone watching not immediately peg them as members in a cult?  The singing on the van was so creepy...

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I never really watched the show, just clips on youtube, and had never seen anything from the early specials.  That is so creepy!  How did anyone watching not immediately peg them as members in a cult?  The singing on the van was so creepy...

This was back in the early 2000s. Things were so different back then. Cults were thought of like Charles Manson’s cult and Jim Jones’ cult. No one thought of the Duggars being in a cult because info was so limited on cults. Heaven’s gate suicides had happened only a few years prior. I’m guessing people thought cults mostly killed, committed suicide, or lived on a big commune. No one would have thought this one quirky large family was in a cult. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Cam said:

I just marvel at her hair. 

Like... is the back cut like a mullet? is it held back with barrettes so that the front poof is more prominent? And the pic of Jill taking the casserole out with her hair hanging down? eeeek

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic